From literal rags to worldwide fame. Yelizaveta's rise from the mud.

Death Ball

Reaction score
In the poll I made in Katsumi Touko's story, another journeygirl won 2-1 over club save. While I'm yet to install that extra RAM, I decided to risk it and load every league, including my Tercera Activated database. This save I'm using three file rolling saves, weekly save, automated, plus the usual rotating filename every so often. To protect against crashes later on, as she finds better jobs and some countries and leagues may turn into no way in **** she's accepting working there and no teams to want as feeders for hers, leagues and divisions will be turned off.

In Beta I made a save with all and the settings (except nationality) I'd use to see what teams would take the manager and choose nationality. Criteria would be country from which I received more Interview offers. Got several clubs offers. Three Ukrainian and three Indonesian, though I ended taking an Scottish team. Since criteria was number of interviews offered rather than jobs actually offered, it was left to a choice between Ukrainian and Indonesian. Since last save was an Asian, I chose the European.

So, here it is Yelyzaveta Kunets:

oRldctw.jpg

She was born in Sevastopol, Ukraine. Later her family moved to Ilovaisk, where her father moved to work at a school and her mother at the train station. She studied and was going to move to University to study engineering when the war with Russia began. With war blazing around the city and Crimea annexed by the Russians, the family fled the country as refugees to Poland, leaving everything behind. Eventually they managed to get some cash to move on to England, where the language wouldn't be such a problem, as they speak fluently enough: English is the most common foreign language, besides Russian which is obligatory.

But that just happened. The family had just enough to rent their house and find some low quality, low paid jobs. So now Yelyzaveta has to pull her weight, forget about university and get a job. With no qualifications and no wish at all to be a cleaning lady; seeing one advert from a very small football club basically offering anyone a chance, she's decided football may be her best way to get meals daily for all her family without cleaning other people's houses or streets. She's watched football since she was small, she's read all she could from blogs and websites on tactics and players and training and what not, at least when she had a house and internet connection instead of a tent on the mud. She is sure she can take a team and do enough to earn her pay and not lose her job. She's a fan of Real Madrid for its great success thorough its history, as well as Manchester United spell under Alex Ferguson (and now Mourinho, whose style she enjoys a lot), Dynamo Kyiv as the more classic of team of her country and Red Bull Leipzig, simply because she hates all the idiots who hate on them because they got loads of money, like having money was bad, like sleeping on the mud with tattered rags was any good.

It should be clear that's why she starts with no past experience and no coaching qualifications at all. That may be a bit of an issue with those attributes we determined at the end of Katsumi's story that don't grow if at all; but on the other hand it may be a way to finally confirm that, assuming that, as in other games, low attributes grow faster than high attributes.

Crimean because the game has Crimean (possibly to avoid angering Russian and Ukrainian players? "Hey, we don't want problems, so Crimea will be independent here and screw your political feuds") and wanted to justify the title that I should be giving the story if I don't forget or change idea just before posting (I write first in notepad then copy paste to the forums).

I wanted to make her the youngest possible; but for some reason, when I choose 1996 as her birth's year, it gets turned into 1995. Either bug or there's a minimum age, I guess 20 years upon game start, but I didn't want to remake her yet again, so she stays 20 years old instead of the intended 19. From a very fast read over Wikipedia's article on Ukraine it seems Russian is obligatorily taught in Ukraine, henceforth why she speaks Russian, Ukrainian because Crimea has been Ukrainian when she was born and today de jure even if it's Russia de facto. English because according to Wikipedia again? that's the most frequent foreign language studied and in the Beta the first job was in Scotland.

I think that is all.

Portrait was made using face recognition on a heavily manipulated (to remove contrast) image of Elizabeth by OlchaS (you can find it at Deviantart).

Plans regarding the save:

- Keep track of wages and likely expenses for a four members family at varying levels of luxury as story progresses: losing her job is no joke. No seeing an attractive but not very likely opening and rush to apply risking a sack if her savings aren't built up to sustain her for a year.

- Money is important. While this won't be a mercenary save like that great story DerbyJack made in FM16, she's known poverty and hunger. Having money to eat isn't a joke. Having savings to face unexpected events isn't a joke. She may choose a more attractive team for a little less money, but if difference is relevant, go wallet! Relevance of money is relative. If the offers are in the range of 100€ p/w she will take the job for racist, sexist, Russian team X for ten euros more. If it's in the 100K€ she won't just to earn 5000€ extra.

- Interview says keep DoF? It means leaving everything to him that he can control. Needs to surpass best past successes of the club to prove herself before taking control of anything. Yes, that means if that's Real Madrid, doing that is impossible. Unless the president were to sack hm and not hire a new one, then that'd mean she's being given full responsibilities.

- Realistic searches: The search screen allows you to search players by attributes among all that are known to the team scouting network. Searching among those players will be fine; but no by attributes. I don't know how limiting this may turn to be as I don't know all the search criteria there are; but it may have a positive in which by attribute you may get players that fit what you want but fail to show because the lower value of the range is below or not known. Instead of attributes, perhaps one of the criteria Yelyzaveta will trust more, due to her having known complete poverty is money: player value and wages. If searching by player description, would that be acceptable? (i.e. "flamboyant midfielder", "poacher" and the like).

- First point of success for Yelyzaveta: Reach €10K p/w wages, to ensure she can provide high living standard to each member of her family.

- Second point of success: Reach a top division of one of the top European countries.

- Third point of success: Be hired by Real Madrid or Manchester United. PSG, Juventus, Bayern, even Liverpool or Barcelona or Manchester City would work, though these later would be annoying.

- Fourth point of success: Win the Champions League.

- Staff will be hired by placing adverts, at least until the team is so big one can think adverts would be answered by a huge load of people. Maybe even then.

I think that is all.

P.S. - I know in another thread I wrote I don't follow stories that feel like they think it's a novel and some parts of this post may seem like this is going to follow that path, but nope. Format for the story isn't yet fully decided. Probably continuing Katsumi's story style, though I was considering making it more weight towards the images side. I will try not to make posts too long. This one should perhaps be the longest.

Disclaimer - I don't know if there are many Russian, Ukrainian or Crimean players around here or anybody for which the events that are going on there in reality have a heavy emotional load. They're used for flavour for the story and justification of some choices on the manager created and how things are going to be done. In no way I think it's a light matter that should be trivialized, but that doesn't mean it can't be referenced in fiction. I know what my position is regarding it, but this web is not the place to ellaborate on them or discuss the matter; so they may or may not be along what obviously would be Yelyzaveta's views, it doesn't matter and nobody here cares about your thoughts on that matter (but without the hostile edge this phrasing may sound as having). If something of here bothers you because it's incorrect in some way, my apologies, if it's because it offends your ideology, you can keep your ideology to yourself (as well as mine to myself, no hostility tone meant there).

EDIT: I discovered an important error with my database, which means I will have to restart the save. Luckily it was very early, so I hope to get back to that point very quickly. Changed her birth date and nothing, she's not born 31/12. Also, it's two days fmshots hasn't loaded for me, so I'm uploading to imgur again.

Last edited:
It begins! 1st June 2016 - First job.

There are a lot of teams with a vacancy in the manager position. I go through all and apply to all teams that seem low enough level to at least think of gambling it on someone like me, though only a few from Spanish Tercera that pick my fancy. I rule out teams with Amateur status.

Two teams call with an offer for work: Algeciras C.F. offer 300€ p/w and Alcobendas Sport 500€ p/w. Both are Semi-Professional. There are still some Professional teams, closer to top level, that are yet to answer; but there's no way I'm letting pass this chance! I choose Alcobendas Sport, no doubt. And they're expected to finish better than Algeciras, which is a nice bonus. They were also involved in some bribe scandal or something like that, I think, but who cares? This is more than dad earns per month. In fact, in a month I'll earn more than the rest of my family together.
ubQI44Q.jpg

PV6bmIP.jpg

Tk8IsTI.jpg

I'm given that translation from some tweets from the fans. Seem not to have gone as badly as I expected.

bRybbpk.jpg

Financial situation isn't good, but at least it's not too far in the red. We should get it into black with a few well chosen friendlies. Meanhwile, loans and maybe one free transfer.

M8zYs7o.jpg

rZpJF2h.jpg

JPKsIf9.jpg

Lass and Liivak were transfer listed. They're on high wages for their transfer status, but they can do very good for the team. Castelló will remain transfer listed, but I won't make an effort to sell him. The most glaring weakness we must deal with is the lack of a second goalkeeper. A fourth centreback wouldn't be bad to have.

We have no physios and only the head scout. Hiring Physios is a necessity, scouts would be good to have if they're not asking a lot. I place the ads immediately. I also send Rubén Reyes to search for a back up keeper.

aU2xIBn.jpg

Coaching is awful at the moment and with just me and Frieire, we've got too much to worry about.

bZtsSmo.jpg

This is the first tactic we'll be testing. My preferred one that I feel should get the results we need.

YQtn4Gz.jpg

This is the secondary, looking more at the squad I have. Perhaps dropping the midfielders closer to the defence.

I find out Alcobendas has no affiliates at all, so I request the board to find a parent so we can loan players without paying their wages. They accept it.
hsh7wbs.jpg

The first signing doesn't make the fans happy. There's hardly anything better that is affordable, though, and we need that back up keeper.
itwvljP.jpg

7gx0J50.jpg

The board comes to me to recommend one of four parent club choices: Liga Santander's Real Betis and Deportivo Alavés and Liga 1 2 3's Levante and Lugo. While a top division would be expected to produce the best youth players, it's also a bit reputation gap, so their players are less likely to accept our loans, therefore the choice is between the two second level teams, of which Levante is better due to their better youth recruitment. In fact, of the four, Real Betis is the only better than Levante.
FhLXMg9.jpg

iZULSlz.jpg

The staff is completed and coaching is just a little better.
oz5fVbB.jpg

Fabio Castelló is foreign player and that is not allowed in Tercera, so he must be out. But he's refusing, happy to get the cash for doing nothing. A bit of a jerk, as it's about finding another club, not losing the job. At any rate, I'll let him go to another club even if it's on a free.

Nobody wants him, even in a free, so we're stuck with him.

So far, this is what I have earned and spent, after finding this small apartment in the outskirts and getting extra clothes (yay!).
Money earned: 2.500€.
Money spent: 2.020€
Money sent home: 480€
Money saved: 0€

uimymaa.jpg

It's way too soon to expect her to learn Spanish or anything about football.

With the salary and expenses calculated, Yelyzaveta won't have any saves build up while she's on this contract.

PS - I made an important error in the Tercera Activated database, so I restarted it. In the original they offered 475€ p/w instead of 500€ p/w.

July 2016 - First job.

The next step is to use the Levante link and ask for loans of a rigth back, a centreback, a good looking midfielder and a goalkeeper. They reject the keeper for not having more than two, the midfielder rejects us. So does the fullback a day later. And the last player a week later.

Another thing I did, even before that, was to set a small league with Getafe, Córdoba and Levante, which should provide us with €60K. Three days in a row. With our limited squad and the season not too far, I'll only use the first team players for one match. The rest shall be played by the... nevermind, we don't have youth players. Fine, the second and third we'll pray to be free of injuries
hAF54.jpg

hAeT5.jpg

Ignore the three goals against. We were fairly competitive. For twenty minutes we were level on possession and had same amount of chances. Sadly, Muñoz's butter hands gifted them what should've never been a goal. He did again at the start of the second goal. The third goal wasn't because of him though, but the guy with the ratings blamed the first two on the defenders, that did their part rigth.

hAlMT.jpg

I changed instructions to minimize chances of injury. We scored a goal so I'm happy. Ferrera has some other problems. I will keep an eye on a loanee keeper who can do his job.

With those two games we're in a €59K positive balance, which means the club can pay me a coaching course!
hAkaJ.jpg

Looking forward at the normal friendlies, I think there are some teams we should avoid playing. I will be remaking the friendly schedule, though before that we still have a praying day to get through.

hAoI7.jpg

We scored another goal, and had two good plays to score again. This would've make me optimistic were not both keepers seem crappy: Perera because he's just not good enough and Muñoz because he can't catch a static, sticky ball covered with glue in his hands. The bad news is we have two players who picked up knocks: Álvaro, first defensive midfielder choice, and Pablo Iglesias, back up.

hQTRH.jpg

Iglesias' injury is just a week long. Álvaro's allows him to play through injury. I've chosen to tell him to play through it with protective equipment. However, unless he appears in great condition, he won't play.

Balance has plummeted to €14K in the red. Why? Last match against Getafe was expected to make thirty thousand more.

One idea I'm going to do to get some funds is: offer a two teams worth of players trials. Use them for one or two friendly cups or leagues and, if some of them turns to be good, I'll sign as long there is wage budget.

hQyqc.jpg

A decent match against a Segunda B team. We could've scored a second if referee didn't disallow a goal for a player that had nothing to do with it. Their goal was a gift by De Pedro, who tripped when all he had to do was put his foot in front of the ball to intercept the pass.

hQ4h1.jpg

We sign Lolo Yedra on a non contract deal. He's not young, but he's by far the best player we could bring. Fans are concerned by the great amount of centrebacks because of the many players we have on trial.
hQw6k.jpg

hQGm0.jpg

A friendly to win in which we did just that. Tested the 4-2-3-1 for the last twenty minutes. Two changes too late to test the players, just to get two tired players out of the pitch.

I choose to keep the current pitch dimensions.
hQW5A.jpg

hQsw2.jpg

I give the trialists their first chance against top division Real Betis. We hold them up fortwenty five minutes and get a goal. A few players have earned a contract, I think. Tomorrow they'll have their second chance, as this is a cup to get money.

hQuaq.jpg

Terrible first half with the 4-2-3-1. In the second half we get a few shots, even on target. There won't be more of these friendly competitions against teams we can't hope to beat.

A few players are offered contracts.

hQ2MC.jpg

Garrido hit the ball on Álvaro to gift a corner in which Díez extremely soft, he barely deviated the ball, allowed their equalizer. Later Garrido made the assist for the winner. Too many shots off target. Then again, most of the players aren't quite used yet to playing or the system. Two of the tree trialists approached for contracts have played.

hQ9eW.jpg

The first of the trialist is the left back we needed. Can fight for first choice with De Pedro. Fans are happy with it.
hQRRi.jpg

hQB8y.jpg

Next to sign is Kity, back up for midfield. Fans aren't as happy about him, but as they say, back up is his role in the squad. He provided a good assist and some good plays against Real Betis, so I think he earned his place.
hQ1AZ.jpg

hQnhO.jpg

The last is an extra midfielder to provide further depth in the middle. He should be able to play any position in the centre and adds some further versatility. I don't see why the fans aren't happy with this deal. Well, I can figure it: he's not rated high in friendlies, but he played against top division teams.
hQHtp.jpg

With the squad completed, all the remaining trials are ended.

hQxwM.jpg

The last friendly is almost the landslide it should; but I let Ferrera in for the last half hour and he showed to be a complete inutile. His technique can be described as jump flailing his arms and pray the ball hits in squarely just not in the crotch. I need another keeper and send him back to his club. Murci had a great start, until he got a bruised shin and had to go off.

hQa5o.jpg

hQJpD.jpg

Awaiting the possibility of swapping Ferrera for some other keeper, either on a free or on a loan, those are our signings. The needed to complete the 22 men squad.

hQZeU.jpg

The friendly cups helped keep the balance close enough to positive. We'll have to see the impact of the season. We also need to consider the regular friendlies didn't provide any income, just expenses.

hQVMI.jpg

hQt1N.jpg

Wait, she has improved in a lot of attributes, some already past update. I said she didn't because I was so not expecting any change after that little time, I didn't even look. Determination has gone up to 3 from the initial 2. Working with youngsters and fitness are the only coaching attributes that haven't grown. Adaptability and level of discipline are the ones that have remained in mental. Still no word of Spanish.

August 2016. Season begins.

The squad bonus is set to medium. We have no budget to increase it and I won't take from the players money.
hgwAC.jpg

We've got the goalkeeper we needed! Fans are understandably happy. What a signing. It had to be on loan, with no cost at all. Were we to get some money, I'd be happy to sign him for good.
hgTRq.jpg

hg4hi.jpg

Our best player of the squad and will be first choice from the first match. Obviously, Pablo Ferrera has been sent back to his club.
hgy8W.jpg

((FFS, no foreigners in match squad so Liivak and Lass can't be used. Gotta uodate the database >.<))

hgWLy.jpg

Murci starts as rules are nonensical and don't allow to field either Las or Liivak.
Domínguez sets us ahead with a head Pedraza lets in clumsily. They seem to get superiority in midfield from Álvaro being more worried with covering the defence than pressing the midfield, which gives them an apparent edge and they end capitalizing on a Lorente mistake to set things level.
At half time, the only change is Jony in for Murci, as the later is recommended to play no more than one half. No more changes are made and second half proves me right with Quique scoring, assisted by Jony. Later they go 4-3-3 attacking and put some pressure, but their attacks fizzle out as fast as before.
hgGtZ.jpg

The first of two strikers loans to have a back up to Murci. He's very much average. There is another waiting, so fans shouldn't be too angry.
hgswO.jpg

hgupp.jpg

The other is indeed quite good. It means Falcón will be just as an insurance against injury crises.
hg2Mo.jpg

hg9eM.jpg

hgR1D.jpg

Abad is in the bench and Yedra starts despite his lack of sharpness.
We look the better team, create the better chances. This time it's Parla's turn to gift the goal, by gratuitously vacating the rigth side of the area for no reason good or bad.
Get a new keeper who can pick a ball because the one you have can't, then see him pick one tame ball just to drop it inside goal.
hgB8U.jpg

hg1AI.jpg

hgnsN.jpg

hgHtK.jpg

hgaLj.jpg

hgxys.jpg

PS Flut by default shows some hide attributes; but I've changed it so they aren't shown. If you guys spot something like that in a screenshot, point it out please so I change to another that doesn't show anything I shouldn't show until I remove it.

September 2016.

h7SS7.jpg

Abad and Parra start for fitness, the rest are the same players.
We do nothing during the first half. But I don't see any issue from the tactics, so I keep things like they are. At half time I just turn to counter attacking style as I think they can benefit from a little narrower and slower play. They moved to a flat 4-3-3.
The change works and we get the goal in our second shot. We have some more decent attacks as do they, though ours are better. With all level I choose to close down the game in the last ten minutes moving the wingers back. Their best opportunity was stealing the ball from Parra, but that happened too close to the touchline and was quickly thrown away when Parra recovered it and sent it back to Gil.
I'm considering the problem with our system is not enough players in the attack.
h7i9J.jpg

Óscar Domínguez strained his heel in training and will be out for three weeks. Jony will then have his chance.
h7EjT.jpg

h7qGH.jpg

It seems it's standard in this league to start 4-4-1-1 and go flat 4-3-3 in the second half. We have the first, we'll see if the later also happens.
We play the best half including preseason. However, it's due to the lack of quality of the opposition. They twisted Quique's knee, which makes it clear we need a winger. The third striker can play there.
Second half almost sees them scoring, between their increased aggressivenes in attack and our players' disinterest. They don't change to a 4-3-3 though. I make the final two changes with the goal of providing match fitness.
h7KOc.jpg

Quique is out for two months.
h78Vk.jpg

Raúl Díez joins the injury list for a couple weeks next.
h7rz1.jpg

h7Fn0.jpg

Óscar Domínguez is in the bench with the idea of giving him a few minutes towards the end of the match. Most other teams have played, a win means going up to second place.
We start strong, though San Fernando isn't a bad team and level things after some minutes. However, our chances are better and we get the goal, while Gil shows is quality picking the ball from a striker that took advantage of Parla's missed header.
Second half follows same pattern, with a penalty by Yedra making their best chance, also missed. We get several good chances that go narrowly wide or saved, so it's a bit annoying when the goal comes, it is a lucky rebound.
That's second position. It's good to see Domínguez return with a goal.
h7IcA.jpg

h7eF2.jpg

We again play Sunday, meaning we know a win sends us top of the table. Domínguez returns and Jony moves to the right, otherwise the same team. Raúl Díez is already training, but not yet fit to play, besides Parra made a great match against San Fernando.
This time the start is poor and I have to order to play counter. Soon after Domínguez scores a superb lob from a narrow angle.
In the second half we have more chances, but even more wasteful than when they didn't train attacking moves. Near the end then Gil stays too much on his line and the centrebacks push up too much and allow a side to side cross for their equalizer. With changes already decided I went more offensive but still some good windows of opportunity are wasted with poor decissions.
Chance to go top missed, but we're now level with the teams ahead.
h7ojC.jpg

h7l9q.jpg

h7zfW.jpg

hXwGi.jpg

It seems that the season hasn't improved the finances. It will be hard next season unless we can get some profitable friendlies.

hXyZZ.jpg

hX3Py.jpg

She still doesn't speak a word of Spanish.

October 2016.

hE88t.jpg

We visit ninth placed team. Deep midfield, on one hand I might do well closing down more than usual; on the other hand, dropping back might attract the strikers to increase their gap from midfield. We'll go as usual and see how it goes before making any change.
It's a good half in which things work without changes. All front three score and Nevado gets very close. However, we concede twice: one from a good shot from a free kick and a **** joke in which a centreback gets the ball of their striker, who falls down, then smash the ball at him and it rolls slowly past Gil.
Second half sees them scoring from a corner and I fear they'll pull up some second joke to concede the equalizer. Luckily that doesn't happen. Instead, Murci scores our first goal from corner, which is also his first of the season. That after I made changes to kill the match: simply keep the ball and dribble less.
We go second, drawin only with the top team. A great match in that we got a very good ratio of our shots on target. Disappointing though that Gil didn't save any shot on target, just one that was going wide, gifting them a corner.
hEqAS.jpg

Lorente asks for more first team football. He's fast but not too good in the air. Yedra hasn't shown to be great anyway. I follow Franco's advice and he accepts the reasoning.
hEEej.jpg

hEf1s.jpg

Same with Muñoz a couple of days later.
hEiMK.jpg

hELpN.jpg

hE5wU.jpg

Raçul Díez makes it back to the starting eleven and Lorente is in the bench.
It's a bad first half in which we let Rayo look the better team. Falcón wastes our only decent attack, which was a counter, losing the ball in the corner of the area when he had a clear pass to Abad.
The small changes done, Óscar to attack, Jony and murci in for Falcón and Abad, aren't enough. We get a few shots at the end with a few more changes (Óscar set to attack, Murci as deep lying forward and asking them to shoot more from distance), one wide by a small margin.
A chance to get beyond a match from Rayo B lost; but they're one of the better teams so I'm not unhappy.
hEO5I.jpg

hE7hM.jpg

Aravaca are twelfth. We're favourites. Álvaro is suspended and Pastor comes in for him. Iglesias and Kity are tired from the U19 friendly I scheduled to build their fitness. Jony had poor matches, so Falcón is starting in the wing.
Poor first half, in which we almost get lucky twice. Abad is told to play a bit deeper and Parra comes in for Díez due to his card.
We are again about to be lucky at the start of the second half and, though further changes make things look better and they get a man sent off near the end, we fail to get a good attack.
With this result we may drop beyond a match of the top place. Not good.
hEMqo.jpg

hEcRO.jpg

Mid low table team comes from our own city. Team is unchanged except by the return of Álvaro. Friendlies in the U19 are helping build sharpness of the bench players to start rotatin soon. There are a few tactical tweaks: Abad plays deeper and Nevado will roam and all will pass longer.
Again I see a poor first half. Passes are too long and too often lost, also I suspect by holding the ball, the wingers are making their life harder.
We look better in the second half, Murci misses a couple of very good chances to score. But seeing the goal isn't coming, I ask them to attack, though not playing faster and make corners different. We end winning in the later minutes from a corner.
The result is good; but not so the performance. This has helped to see that the players aren't comfortable with a long passing game and neither winger does well holding the ball. Trival Valderas drew their past game so we stay two points behind, now in second place.
hEdAp.jpg

hEQMZ.jpg

We visit Atlético de Madrid's B team. They're the favourites but I still field the same system, with lower pace this time. Lorente has his chance. Murci comes in due to Abad's poor recent matches.
This is the reverse of past match so far: good performance but bad result due to a De Pedro mistake that forces Lorente to leave his position. Jony had the equalizer but it was brilliantly saved. Nevado also had a good chance. Only change will be bringing González for Parla to avoid risk of a second yellow.
We have more quality chances during the second half, but one is saved, one hits the post and the last went very narrowly off target.
Truthfully an unlucky match. Any other day we'd have won comfortably, today we'd not have lost without De Pedro's mistake.
hEUey.jpg

hE6wW.jpg

I think we've noticed the absence of Quique with those scoreless matches.

hEAai.jpg

hEvh2.jpg

Our first full league month and finances keep going down.

hEmqA.jpg

hECmq.jpg

She has started to speak a little Spanish.

Last edited:
November. 2016.

With the finances getting worse, the money received from transfers won't go to the transfer budget any more.
hkNZs.jpg

What? This is outraegous!
hk9Gj.jpg

((The database has an issue in which second season's play offs don't get played. This year editor didn't generate an error with end dates like in the past and I didn't simulate beyond the second season starting :())

hkROS.jpg

Yedra is back to starting team and so are Abad, Falcón and Parra. Quique recovered from his injury but it's still far from fit, so he's in the bench.
Again a very quiet first half with little happening. Small changes to the midfield movement instructions for some less roaming improved things but not enough.
Second half had changes with mixed effect. The changes had the midfield working better, but leaving the front line isolated. Quique came in and made things better, but I also brought Murci in for Abad. Murci got in much better positions, but his finishing was woeful.
More dropped points and a missed chance to get up along Trival.
hkDH4.jpg

Pablo Iglesias got a three weeks injury in the U19 friendly.
hk1zt.jpg

hknc5.jpg

We can't play Gil because he's loaned from them. Lorente returns as this match I want to see what about using a high line with the two fast centrebacks we have.
Things work much better this match. We reach half time still without a goal, but the quality of play is much improved. Midfield supports the offense well, the front three move much better and we recover the ball better, though Getafe B prove to be a good team and manage to create some chances, though not great. We have the better ones, but their defenders are fast and arrive for last ditch tackles that prevent two easy tap ins.
Second half follows suit. When I'm considering moving to a diamond Abad put us ahead. It was disappointing then to concede from a free kick that few straight into the corner behind the barrier. I guess I can't blame Muñoz, who otherwise has made a good match. Luckily, Abad brought a penalty in the closing minutes that Nevado converted.
Back to play off spots. I think Lorente has earned his request for first team football, despite not getting a good rating (6.4 before Abad's goal), as the system seems to have worked much better with a high defensive line and he's the only fast centreback along Parla to implement it.
hkpNT.jpg

We lose Óscar Domínguez for a month in training.
hkHFJ.jpg

hkxj7.jpg

Murci returns after Abad's poor recent form. Lorente repeats with the high defensive line.
The match started looking very well, but soon it went to ****. First Quique got a knock and I had to get him out to protect him from worse injuries. Then Álvaro stupidly picked two yellow cards. From there nothing could be done. Muñoz did very well in his new chance to impress, but I think Gil will be back.
hkJfH.jpg

Quique is out for two month. This is the end to our season.
hkZGk.jpg

hkmZc.jpg

We're again favourites to win. We keep the system with the necessary rotation. I may change to a narrow system while both Quique and Domínguez are out. I also need some new winger.
This is another disaster, except without starting good. Players keeping the ball, standing still till ball is taken. Then Lorente does it and they pull a play like they were Benzema and Ronaldo to get ahead. Instructions to stop that silly behavior do nothing and then it's De Pedro's turn to get two yellow cards. This time changes gave us three good attacking plays; but one sees Murci leaving the ball behind for the defender to pick, the second Abad shooting from a bad angle when he had a clear pass and the last is Falcón in front of goal sending the ball wide beyond the area.
hkvz0.jpg

hktP1.jpg

A very bad month, like this we won't do anything.

hkjd2.jpg

Top of the table is now way far. No winning the group. Falcón and Murci need replacement.

hkbHA.jpg

But here's the problem: finances are poor.

hk6Fq.jpg

hkQNC.jpg

She finished the coaching studies and now has National C.

P.S. I said I'd not make searches by attributes; but I forgot to mention the exception to that: "search players similar to" will be acceptable as it's not something in which I can set them. Often when I use that it looks for some attributes I'm not interested and the other way around.

Last edited:
((Ehm... I posted the update for November in the database thread. I've moved it to the post above, editing the last entry that I place here. I also notice the December entry is missing. I don't know if it was eaten when trying to post or I also did in the wrong thread. It is sadly the first, so I can't recover the post Here is the fixture list and table, not shown the two months long injury to Falcón:

sylR0.jpg

syIMc.jpg

s3whq.jpg
))

January 2017.

su21K.jpg

The second half of the season starts against the bottom team. Domínguez is match fit, bit not so Quique, however I keep the 4-1-3-2. Depending on how things go we may move to the 4-3-3 or advancte the defensive midfielder to attacking layer.
A bad initial minutes in which we let them have two chances precede a turn of the tables and we control the rest of the half, with Falcón scoring one of the several chances.
We reach the half time looking good and keep it during the second. Though our lead is just one goal, I change the two men front to give some fitness to Domínguez and Abad, moving to the lopsided 4-1-3-1-1 we've used already. Abad's first action is to get a penalty that Yedra scores. But this wouldn't be a match of Alcobendas if the defenders didn't switch off with an advantage, Yedra then gives a penalty and later shows he doesn't know how to turn to allow them their second. Luckily between those two goals, Domínguez made a superb assist for Abad, so we end winning. Still, those two goals aren't just silly defenders, it's also weakness of the system that let a lot of space behind.
A good performance stained by two poor defensive plays that sends us back to play off. Not unhappy in the end.
suskN.jpg

Yedra gets a cold and again he's sent home without asking me even if Lluna says I can decide.
su9Qj.jpg

Then Falcón is out for a month and a half. I probably should look to loan another striker.
suNKs.jpg

su1sS.jpg

Same system and only the rotation demanded by injuries. With the wingers back in fitness, I will likely make some tweaks to the 4-3-3 and return to it in the next matches.
We are the better again, Murci takes a deflection from a long shot by Díez to score easily; but later they send a ball over the defence and Gil somehow gets the idea that throwing himself flying horizontally at the striker instead of low to cover the likely low shot is a good idea. So much for fast defenders.
With Pastor in for Iglesias (yellow card) and Domínguez in for Abad (match fitness) we get an instant result and recover the advantage. We keep the dominance with several chances that are narrowly missed. As they change to a 3-4-3 I go 4-1-4-1 to try close the match; but they make one great play and Gil doesn't quite cover his post well so we end throwing two more points again. Murci had a last minute chance with the 4-3-3 but he missed.
If the first goal had been like the second, I'd be satisfied with the good performance, but given how Gil made a clown of himself and these "fast centrebacks" don't seem able to catch a rheumatic tortoise if they're closer to our goal with the ball, not so much.
suBvt.jpg

suDi4.jpg

Small changes and I decide to keep the 4-1-3-2 as a better choice against their formation. Yedra returns even if not quite match fit and Pastor comes in for Álvaro.
First half proves me right and we dominate them. All they can do is two bad shots.
Second half is Domínguez in for Murci and the variation on the system and then we batter them, but finishing is failing, until the 74th, when Abad finally takes one of his chances. But one goal isn't enough, because the defence has always to try ruin everything, as Yedra stays too far ahead with Lorente too deep and doing nothing to intercept a cross and we end throwing yet more points away. They're lucky this isn't baseball so I don't have a bat at hand to break their #$%& legs.
suaxJ.jpg

The board has increased the transfer revenue retained due to the low wages. Not that it matters much, as I doubt I'd get any relevant amount of money from any sale at this level. Still, it's appreciated and might just be enough for some deals, once they have their non foreign manager nanananana we're not xenophobic nananananana.
suHy5.jpg

sup7T.jpg

We finally go back to the 4-3-3 after the 4-1-3-2 caused some more missed points through poor defending, for which lack of winger support for the fullbacks may have been a cause. It is tweaked a little trying to match the offensive power of the other formation, with Nevado no longer asked to run forward as a means to have better support and Domínguez set as an inside forward. Also players are instructed to not dribble if they have another choice available. Murci starts due to Abad not being quite in form.
No more offensive power than before but the same defensive uselessness as Díez doesn't even try to contest the cross. Murci gets a stubbed toe to boot, so we're back to the 4-1-3-2 variation, with Abad in for Murci and Pablo Iglesias in for Nevado. It does work to get us level at half time.
The improvement isn't much, but it seems the rule is making an idiotic defensive play per system used, as Iglesias, just on top of the target of an indirect free kick, instead of jumping to contest it against their player, moves away and DUCKS. Moving the middle midfielders one layer up we eventually get a superb movement between Quique, Abad and Domínguez to get level.
suVBH.jpg

Murci will be out for almost two weeks. With no strikers of worth wanting to come on loan, we're elft with one.
suxk7.jpg

suZQk.jpg

Just one win, this is not worrying, is annoying and infurating at times.

sumKc.jpg

suvu1.jpg

Now this is perhaps the piece of news about the club that are more distressing, apart from me losing the job over the stupid rule changes. With this increasing debt, there's a chance there will be others losing their jobs and I don't see anything I can do at the moment.

suCv0.jpg

subiA.jpg

Last edited:
February 2017.

sBQ7o.jpg

Murci can play one half, but I don't want to risk him, therefore Domínguez will start in the left wing.
((****, forgot again to get Parla in))
First half is good in that we dominate them completely, but finishing is again too imprecise.
During the second half I just change the three players appearing uninterested or complacent. The change isn't responsible for the goal coming after, that starts with De Pedro recovering the ball deep in our half and hoofing it for Domínguez, who reaches their area and makes a back pass for Abad. Second goal comes from Nevado for Abad in clear offside position.
Finally a win, though teams ahead don't fail and we remain sixth. In next matches we'll play this 4-1-3-2 and once ahead change to the 4-2-3-1 I tested in friendlies but have not used in the league yet.
sBUlM.jpg

sBcDD.jpg

Murci and Falcón have recovered from their injuries, but match fitness concerns makes it so Murci starts at the bench and Falcón isn't called up. Parla returns to the starting team. Teams ahead played yesterday and most of them dropped points, so this is a chance to catch up.
The first half has two parts: the first they control the match and we can't keep hold of the ball, not helping the order to pass shorter; the second where I decide the issue is players aren't looking for passes far enough and playing too fast, so I order them to play slower and play long passing, then out retention of the ball improves vastly and begin to have chances and to be the better team. That is sealed by Abad from a pass from Quique after a superb dribble.
The doubt for the second half is keeping things as they are, considering we maintained the control after the goal, or give the 4-2-3-1 the chance. I think I'll do the later as we have the players to do so. It seems frail at first, letting them come too easily. It improves by not dropping as back and closing down more. Later I set all advanced midfield layer players in support to encourage them to drop to help the defence. Parla still has some decent attacking plays but fall quite short from being dangerous. For the closing minutes I just drop the wingers one layer down for further safety against crosses that costed us so many wins.
Finally we managed to hold to a one goal lead. This places us back in play offs.
sBMrU.jpg

Santboiá has made a non negotiable offer to let them Castelló for nothing. He ends contract this season and I've accepted just to take his wages off.
sBdUI.jpg

The transfer revenue retained has been reduced again.
sB72N.jpg

sBXCK.jpg

Murci is not fully fit yet, but I'm giving him a start. Falcón is too unfit so he's not with us and will play friendlies with the U19. A bit of rotation at the back to keep players in competitive mind.
We're dominant the first half, but their keeper does a good job and we lack a bit of luck and perhaps are taking things too slowly.
The change of Domínguez in for Murci works and we get two goals before they hack down Domínguez and I have to take him off, so we down ten men when they should've be the ones with ten after a vicious foul by Iu during the first half. We concede one but manage to keep the win.
We get back in play off positions, with three points margin to boot. Domínguez's injury not being serious would make it a perfect day.
sB54s.jpg

Two weeks. Could've been worse.
sBOEj.jpg

Muñoz has become restless over his lack of first team time. Sadly we're about to get in a run of matches against top teams, so I can't commit to give him the chances he'd need at this moment.
sBLJS.jpg

sBiXt.jpg

This is the first of the big team matches. Rayo B are in second place less than a match from the top. Kity comes in to build his fitness, as the U19 friendlies don't seem enough.
The first half is a damned joke of defence. Parla first is unable to send the ball out of the pitch and then Lorente waits for the ball in the area, because that's not a place you want to get first to the ball, right? Making it 1-0 for Rayo. Then De Pedro gets this idea that the best thing is to clear the ball weak eight yards in front of goal where the rival striker is for the 2-0.
Second half is just marginally less bad: at least this time their goal is not gifted to them and happens despite Parla's best effort.
sBfD5.jpg

sBEo4.jpg

sBqYJ.jpg

sB80T.jpg

sBr27.jpg

sB0bH.jpg

March 2017.

The new month begins with Falcón getting injured for more than a month again.
sJSmU.jpg

Villalbés offers a contract to Kity. The problem in this level is that, since it's not professional, this can happen.
sJEWI.jpg

sJf5N.jpg

We'll play the version with Jony on the left.
We have a good first half, but with the left post of their goal seeming to have a magnet.
For the second half they are a bit more defensive and we don't get as much. The subs made didn't improve and tactic changes didn't seem to work or be too late.
sJ8TK.jpg

Kity rejected Villalbés contract, so we don't need to worry about replacing him.
sJKaj.jpg

sJrMs.jpg

Aravaca are right behind us, four points away. This is a good chance to open a gap. Would've been better if that'd be the case with us one place ahead, but it's something.
What a damned joke of a match! So the new fad among defenders is duck with aerial balls? First cross with two in the right place... they duck. Then free kick, player who wasn't to challenge but could block with the head, ducks.
Second half is just no ******** around, but doing very little. These idiots just ambling about without really trying ever.
sJ0IS.jpg

Another team comes for another of our players, this time it's Jesús Pastor. He's played less than I expected, but still he's a player I'd like to keep.
sJIRt.jpg

I start talks with him, but he wants me to promise several things I can't give him.
sJeA4.jpg

But I can cut them down, removing the promise to play him how he wants and to improve coaching as the board doesn't allow to hire more.

The youth candidates have a few interesting players; but I will let the staff decide who stays.
sJkq5.jpg

sJohJ.jpg

And now against the top team. We'll try the 4-2-3-1, perhaps testing it as 4-4-1-1.
This half is much better! No joke defending. Risking a tactic like this aimed to attract him hasn't backfired as I feared and we're two goals up, moment I went 4-4-1-1 to provide a little more cover to the fullbacks, who seemed to have a bit too much work.
We keep the good performance in the second half with the new system, with the expected increase in defensive strength.
Finally a result to realy be happy with! I was not expecting a win, but as much to keep a point. It's all rounded by getting back to play off spots.
sJztT.jpg

Pastor signed our contract.
sVT57.jpg

Nevado gashed his head in training and will have to play with a helmet.
sVywH.jpg

sV3ak.jpg

Against tenth team, Muñoz will have his chance, as the loan doesn't allow Gil to play against tem. Nevado is in the bench as only good replacement to come behind the striker.
We begin well, with an excellent cross from Jony for Abad to do the hardest thing: miss it. Later he'll reddem himself with a superb shot at an indirect free kick and a tidy finish off Oscar Domínguez pass at the end of a good counter. We end conceding one back from a corner due to a man being left unmarked, though it's more of a good corner by them.
Second half is as good, without conceding a goal and just scoring one more to complete Abad's hat-trick.
Another good match to be happy with. Should Alcalá fail to win their pending match, we'll be one place ahead. Top two, however, have gone too far, so a third place is all we can hope for now. Also worth mentioning that Muñoz has made a good match, without responsibility in the goal conceded.
sVGe1.jpg

sV4Mc.jpg

sVhR0.jpg

Top scorer is as good as decided.

sVsAA.jpg

Money keeps leaving the club, so the future doesn't look too bright.

sVu82.jpg

sV9hq.jpg

April 2017.

sCTHN.jpg

Parra is suspended, Díez returns, which was planned anyway. Garrido also makes a start left. Falcón can play but is not fully recovered. Muñoz has a new chance to impress.
It's clear from the start that going defensive against them won't work, so we change to a more offensive way of play. It improves but not enough. Pastor gets an early yellow so he gets an early sub.
Second half sees things improve a little, more in that they find it harder to reach our area, though we get a second good shot that forces a great save. Not much other than that. We got lucky to get a penalty that Murci converted, then we changed to 4-1-4-1 as they began to be more aggressive in their attack.
The result was decent, but not the performance, apart from the defence, that made a great job, including Muñoz.
Three point advantage from fifth with six games, not too much.
svozU.jpg

Sigh. Falcón had just got back from injury and he gets another for two weeks. Now I'd be for sure sending him back to his club, but we pay nothing so he can as well stay in case he gets healthy some day.
sCwcK.jpg

sCyFj.jpg

Nevado returns along De Pedro and Parra. Some in the bench need to build up match fitness. Muñoz has another match as he's earned playing, but next Gil will get back.
The first half isn't too bad, though I suppose it could've been better. We had a fair number of good chances, even if total shots is too low. We score with a rebound from the barrier in a free kick early and they are limited to poor shots.
In the second half we get a bit more but with less quality chances. For the last quarter of an hour, as they become more aggressive in their attacks I make some changes to a 4-1-4-1, though it doesn't shut them out enough. Muñoz is forced to make some quality saves which made me rethink who's going to start next match against Alcalá.
sC4Ns.jpg

Muñoz is now happy with his time playing.
sCGjS.jpg

sCWft.jpg

One of the more important matchs left in the season. Alcalá are one point ahead, so winning this match is vital to not be far behind more of the teams in play offs.
We start with a good counter to get ahead. Follow by Abad missing when it was the hardest thing to do. Gil gets a strained wrist but stays on the field because I don't want to lose substitutions to change tactics if needed, then they score from a corner and we miss a chance for a great counter when Quique shoots from midfield instead of sending a through pass for Abad.
Second half we have several great chances, all blow up, including a penalty over the bar by Yedra.
Disappointing not to come out with three points, but at least we didn't lose. Trival is too close now.
sCsW4.jpg

Gil will be out for two weeks- If Muñoz keeps his performances up, it's no problem. Also, there's a week without match coming, so he only has to miss one game.
sCuZ5.jpg

Jorge González will retire at the end of the season. I should've given him some more time.
sC2PJ.jpg

sCNTT.jpg

This match will be followed by three matches separated by weeks, almost a month, what in the...? Gil is back from injury already, but tired, so Muñoz starts.
Another match that starts brilliantly, we go ahead, then concede a set piece goal, not sure if in offside, and then begin a feast of missing easy chances. I should change the forward players for random people picked in the streets. In the second half they had a man sent off, this time with minutes to do something, but they kept missing easy shots.
sCRH7.jpg

sC1dH.jpg

Look at the dates of the three remaining matches. Crazy.
With the database bug, I will resign there regardless of result and remove Tercera from the game.

sCBFk.jpg

That last draw was a missed chance to overtake Alcalá and get more than a match advantage over Trival.

sCnNc.jpg

sCH61.jpg

[/color]
sCaf0.jpg

Very interesting story, keep up bruh!

Thanks, will try to!
_______________________________________________________________________​

End of regular season 2017.

In good news, the league restructuration has been called off, so I may keep working here next season even if we don't get promoted.
scLZc.jpg

The board offers a new contract. No pay rise unless we go up; but it's another year of work and I can't afford not to take it.
sciP1.jpg

scEz0.jpg

Muñoz and Lorente start due to their recent form, even though Lorente's hase been in friendlies; but others have also played friendlies and haven't been as good.
A poor first half that ends without goals and doesn't show a clear favourite ends with the midfield pair with yellow cards.
Second half is an improvement and we are close to score, but sadly the finishing isn't up to the build up. It's clear some starting instructions are not working well, as every time I tell them to stop clearing to flanks and passing to space, things improve drastically.
scfHA.jpg

Murci twisted his ankle in a friendly and will be out for the rest of the season.
scqd2.jpg

sc8Fq.jpg

We play after everyone else. We need at least a draw so in the last match we can get through with a draw, winning will only give a chance to be third, but won't maker our qualification more assured. Álvaro hasn't been that good, he's picked a lot of cards and he'll be reserved for the next match.
A quiet match all around. We have the better chances, theirs being from a distance; but yet again we don't get the goals.
Next match is against Trival, right behind us. A draw will be enough as long as it's without goals, otherwise they will be ahead.
sc06W.jpg

Pablo Iglesias won't be able to play against Adarve because of his yellow card.
scrNC.jpg

scFfi.jpg

Most important game so far. A goalless draw or a win means we go to promotion play offs; a defeat or draw with goals, we miss out. Parra makes it into the team as a better tackler than Raúl Díez. Óscar is in the bench as a tool to shake things up if we find ourselves in dire need of a goal.
First half looked good until the defence became lethargic and let their striker receive in space and take his time to aim. It's all going for goals in the second half.
The forward players once more ruin a good second half with their incompetence. We have several decent chances to score, probably not as good as to say they should always be goals, but there's no way they can score a goal if they keep sending it to the keeper at snail speed. Five shots on target, not once their keeper was tested.
It's not a big deal missing on promotion play offs, given they can't get the ball past a turtle.
sdyID.jpg

Yedra also got injured early in the second half, but only for two weeks, not that it matters much anymore.
sceWZ.jpg

sckmy.jpg

sczTp.jpg

sclPO.jpg

sdTHo.jpg

sdwdM.jpg

She now speaks good level of Spanish.

Great you got a new contract - I am enjoying this save a lot. Hopefully next year automatic promotion and better finances!

Great you got a new contract - I am enjoying this save a lot. Hopefully next year automatic promotion and better finances!

We'll have to see what I can do with friendlies. Past season they didn't help that much, I think. For all the benefits the first matches provided, the last always had the finances plummeting. I'll probably have to depend on loans.

Summer 2017.

Fans' team and players of the season have only one surprise: Parla being chosen the player of the season. Otherwise, all as expected.
sS9cK.jpg

I tried to sign David Barca to replace Abad, but at the moment the maximum wages I'm allowed to offer are way too far from his demands. I will wait for the end of contracts so I may be able to offer him more.

Preseason will last the maximum five weeks, so they have some training before the friendlies begin.
sS2HN.jpg

Qatar World Cup has been moved to Morocco. No calendar weirdness.
sSNFj.jpg

We lose some money from the kit sponsorships.
sS1Ns.jpg

New budgets announced. This leaves me with no choice but to live on loans. Almost half of wage budget has been cut off and now we're over the limit. This means I should break with De la Rosa, whose contract ran out but is still linked and receiving some three hundred euros per week. But that means leaving him without a job and, since he's not with us, I can't offer him to try find him a club.
sSBjS.jpg

We get Joan loaned from Levante as the first deal. Fans aren't happy. Useful in having a little more depth behind the striker.
sSDft.jpg

Next comes to confirm it the goalkeeper, which makes fans happy. This is very good, a key position we needed filling as we only had Muñoz and Gil is a free transfer with no intention to join. What we really need now is a striker. A centreback, rigth winger and third striker would be nice bonus.
sSHW4.jpg

As the squad returns from holiday, it is time to bring two squads worth of players on trial as help to scout and to organize some friendlies against huge clubs in short time. They take the risk of injury out of my main squad in exchange of a chance to get a job.

La Roda gets Gonzalo Garrido, who asked too high bonuses. We now need a left fullback.
sSaZ5.jpg

Jesús Pastor got angry and reported some altercation with me even if he's not talked recently? Though he did long ago ask to reinforce midfield. How? We got no money, we've not yet found anybody worth to fill the needed second striker spot.
sSpPJ.jpg

Josep Cadarso joins the team just as a back up in case of injuries. As fans say, he's not prepared to play first team regularly, but we just can't bring anything better.
sSJTT.jpg

From the free trials I brought, I just asked for whoever till getting two teams and I got all veterans. Which is a pity as two of them deserve getting a contract. In a cup match against Deportivo, Aliaga makes a good show. We lost 0-3 but had a decent match, they didn't get a huge load of shots and we had a few, including a very good chance.

We managed to get the second striker, Ignacio Acha on loan.
sSVH7.jpg

Squad bonus is set to average.
sSZdH.jpg

Alicante gets Parra, after we couldn't offer him a contract close to what he asked.
sSmFk.jpg

The friendlies end with Nevado picking a month long injury.
sSvNc.jpg

We had some matches against huge teams, using free trialists the first two and our main team against Levante. We lost them all 0-3 but I'm not unhappy with them at all. The defeats may have been heavy, but we had long spells in which we looked competitive. We almost scored once against Deportivo, three times against Lugo and Levante didn't have more than a handful of shots during the second half, not many over the full match.
sSC61.jpg

The cup served to earn a little money, but situation is very bad.
sS6WA.jpg

sSbf0.jpg

sSAm2.jpg

She finally speaks Spanish like a native.

Start of season, August 2017.

Mancha Real has offered a contract to Kity, so we have done the same.
sFaKN.jpg

I'm not asked about what I think we could reach and the board straight out demands we win the group.
sFxsK.jpg

sFVis.jpg

We begin the season playing the other team from Alcobendas. De Pedro is suspended and Lorente makes it to that position before Cadarso.
We have a good first half in which we look the better team, even if we don't get that many chances out of it. This time is not the defenders that mess up, but the referee allowing a foul in a free kick to let them a goal they shouldn't have.
Second half goes similarly, but with Acha missing his one great chance to score the second. We have another good chance saved after moving to a 3-5-2.
sFJvj.jpg

After the match, the loan of Espanyol's Marc Navarro is confirmed. This leaves us with only one more place to fill, currently occupied by an U19 centreback.
sFtxt.jpg

Then we lose Kity, freeing a spot for de la Rosa, meaning we can end Cadarso's loan and search for two loanees.
sFmyS.jpg

It's going to be an intense set of days scouting for players to loan. All midfielders we might be able to bring are so rubbish I could as well bring some youth up.

sFv74.jpg

We lost play off positions to this team. Today we're considered heavy favourites. Navarro will start in the left. The rest of the team is unchanged, with de la Rosa registered making it to the bench. I think now we have a better selection for the bench to change matches or react to injuries or red cards.
We start slowly, letting them get close, with a post hit from a corner; but soon we start to push them back and produce chances, with a crossbar hit, too, denying our goal. The worrisome point is both centrebacks picking up yellow cards.
Come on! Second half we improve massively. We take total control of the match, we make good plays, we get to their area consistently, including four great chances, but their keeper just was having his day.
The best was the players have shown they have what it takes to win this group; the worst is Quique had to come off due to a strain walking the ball.
sFCk5.jpg

Well... maybe we can forget that about winning anything. Quique is out for three months because I'm sending him to the specialist. "Striking the ball" for crying out loud, he just touched it to place it in front for the next step. He's been the man who made our team work.
sFjBJ.jpg

sF6UT.jpg

sFUuH.jpg

sFAK7.jpg

sFYvk.jpg

I also decided this past summer, I won't go to Asia, except if it's an offer from South Korea maybe. I won't go either to work at Russia, I don't fancy either shutting up or looking beneath the car, Ukraine because of war or Belarus because it's as small a league as Asians.

sFcic.jpg

P.S. - Forgot to mention in the summer update: since I'm yet to install that extra RAM, I unloaded some leagues: most Asians and Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Some will take effect next year or next season, though.

Something is up with my computer - I am no longer able to see the screenshots that you post.
If you do not want to go to Asia or Russia, where would you like to go next?

Something is up with my computer - I am no longer able to see the screenshots that you post.
If you do not want to go to Asia or Russia, where would you like to go next?

I figure she'd ideally want to stay in Spain and move up there or get some offer from some top league of a small country where she may get some European qualification in a good season. For now, she'd be happy just with a Segunda B job or English League X. A move to South America would only interest her once she has enough to have a chance to manage top level. But that's more of a "if things go really well" thing. With the team in fourteenth place, it doesn't seem to go that way.

At the start of the save, with no coaching licenses whatsoever, which is the first I start a save with none, I was expecting to start at something like some Asian country or Peru. Then forgot Spanish Tercera has such low reputation it's down there with that kind of country.

P.S. - I've opened the page with another browser to confirm I don't see them because of being cached and it loads them too.

Last edited:
September 2017.

Tenerife B makes an offer for Pablo Iglesias, but he wants almost rhree time the maximum we can offer.
seF8U.jpg

We're lucky and he rejected the contract.
seesN.jpg

sektK.jpg

We're big favourites again, we'll have to see if we can get the goals. Abel González makes it into the bench, he's one of the youths promoted to fill the 22 man squad. Due to fitness issues the starting team is unchanged.
Now this was an excellent first half. We dominate, we get to their area, we shoot and we score.
What the ****? I hate this team!! Seriously, we're steamrolling them, then referee allows them an offside position, if very iffy, Aliaga makes an exit with no reason to complete their goal, Parla makes the second, but then Aliaga just is napping in goal and doesn't react until it's already in so I have to bring Muñoz and turn to the defensive 4-1-4-1. Then in injury time, despite it being a system to keep men behind they all bomb forward and then stand napping as soon the ball is lost in their area and just stand around or walk at best. DO THEY MAKE THIS ON PURPOSE?! If I had any money saved I would sack them all in the spot and then resign.
selLj.jpg

Valladolid B also offered a contract to Iglesias and he rejected that too.

sezys.jpg

Only the goalkeeper changes, due to lack of fitness. Aliaga was bad past match and Muñoz is fit and took his chances past season. De la Rosa suffers from food poisoning so he's out of the side.
This first half is not as good as the previous, but we get the goal fairly early and then make it look solid.
This time we keep that solidity through the second half, in which Abel González got a chance and he didn't do bad.
First win of the season that sends us to ninth place. Good to finally get it, unhappy it wasn't before and we're up there among the top four at least.
skTpS.jpg

What? Abel González is out for almost two days with an injury picked in the match. What a tough guy! He made no sign of it.
skwgt.jpg

Murci is out for two weeks after a friendly to get match fitness.
skyk4.jpg

Atlético Astorga offers a contract to Lolo Yedra. This is grave, he's a top defender and I really feel we need him.
sk415.jpg

skGQJ.jpg

We're again expected to beat them easily. Still no changes to the starting team.
First half is normal business. We start strong, get a goal, get more great chances we send out, then a defender runs out of position and allows them an easy shot.
Second half is a copy. First they get a goal disallowed with an offside call I think was wrong, then we go ahead only for the other defender to watch the ball without turning to place himself between striker and goal nor moving to intercept the pass. Finally Óscar Domínguez is taken out with a hard foul and we end with ten men, still one more quality chance sent over the bar and another weakly at the keeper.
Luckily the top teams aren't winning too much, so we are not out of the fight yet.
skss7.jpg

Domínguez will be out for a month and a half in the specialist.
skWKT.jpg

Yedra takes our new contract offer, so we're safe there.
skuvH.jpg

sk2Lk.jpg

Yet again same starting line ups. This will possibly continue for a while, though I may start deciding to play unfit players anyway, since the U19 friendlies don't seem to be doing much. Only Aliaga returns to prove himself.
The first half is a load of ****. Jony scores with a superb shot but that is all, the rest is giving the ball away and Aliaga proving himself unworthy of playing.
Changes are made in second half, at first with little result, but when I go to a lopsided 4-2-4 strikerless it begins to work really well, we begin to make chances and Joan finishes a very good team play.
This should've been a more comfortable win, but getting it was the important thing. With it we've got in touch with the promotion places.
skNyc.jpg

Abel González will be out for a month with the injury he picked in the match.
skRx1.jpg

sk1g0.jpg

sknB2.jpg

skBkA.jpg

They seem to be slowly improving. Still, they're quite bad.

skHQq.jpg

skaKC.jpg