From playgrounds to sell-out stadiums - A tale of 6 players

Sorry its a bit late had my driving test:

Tug of war...
With Lukas andSolid, starring for the respective clubs, reserves, it was time for someoneelse’s opportunity. Youngster Mihai has been on trials with Doncaster, Arsenal,Charlton, Sheffield United, Wigan and Reading. Now the pacey winger is wantedby three clubs, with Reading, Wigan and Sheffield United all bidding for theteenager.
tug-of-war.jpg

We hadgathered at Mihai’s house, well myself, Daniel, Christian and the other twowere only a phone call away. “Guys I don’t know what to do. Reading, Wigan andSheffield United all offered me contracts…who do I pick?” Mihai said. “What’sthe pay like?” Christian asked inquizatively. “That’s your question!” Danielintervenes. “Its all similar” Mihai replies. “Do you prefer any particularclub?” I asked. “No, there all the same. I don’t really support any of them.This is my chance who do I pick?”
Ring…ring…itwas Lukas on the phone. Mihai quickly answered it and put it on loud speaker.
“Ola,*******”
“You pickedup the language pretty fast.” Daniel replied. “I heard Mihai got some offers.Well done mate, proud of you” Lukas said. “Who do I pick?” Mihai shouted. “Lookmate, follow your heart. Just pick whoever’s right for you.”
“Wow,touching” I replied, while Christian rubbed his eyes. “Crying, Christian?”Daniel asked. “Nah, just a lot of dust in here” he replied.
iStock_Something_in_my_eye.jpg

“Look guys,I gotta go. Got a dinner with a few of my club mates” Lukas said. We all saygoodbye to Lukas. It was getting late, so we each left the house as welltelling Mihai our thoughts and opinions; hopefully helping him make hisdecision.
As he satthere on his couch he had one of the toughest decisions to make. Which clubwill he choose?
10125618-businessman-waiting-with-his-head-in-hands.jpg

I think i'll pick Wigan xD.

„Ola,*******”- best part

Wigggggggggggggggggaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!

Unexpected guest...
Knock…Knock

Mihai quickly opened the door. “Brian McDermott!” Mihai exclaimed. “Hi Mihai, can I come in?” he replied. Mihai let him in and they both sat in the living room. Mihai was feeling uncomfortable, he was still in his pyjamas; he wasn’t expecting company. “So…do you want a tea or coffee?” Mihai asked. “No I’m fine thanks” McDermott replied. “Look Mihai the reason I’m here is because the club want to sign you up and we know you receive offers from various other clubs.”
_58624048_tim.jpg

“Ok” Mihai said confused. “Alright Mihai. We have grand plans for Reading with a new owner coming in, we are looking at the future of the club and players like you will help us move forward. I know you got an offer from Wigan but I feel Reading is the right environment for you to develop.”
multiple-job-offers.jpg

“But Wigan are in the Prem” Mihai replied. “I know that but in the next few seasons Reading will be up there!” McDermott replied. “As you are an exciting young talent. We want to offer you £500 per week, plus we will sort out the accommodation in Reading to make you feel more comfortable.”

“£500!” Mihai exclaimed. He worked part time in a restaurant; it would take him a few months to get that much money! “Deal, where do I sign?” Mihai asked. “I brought the contract with me for you to sign. But this is your decision, there are still clubs eyeing your signature; if you don’t want to make your decision now I understand.”
6a00d8341c562c53ef0163022638ce970d-800wi

“Reading are a great club. I think it is the right decision.” Mihai replied. “Alright then…sign on the dotted line” McDermott said. Mihai quickly signed the contract and McDermott quickly left. “Oh one thing before I go Mihai, with your first pay check, buy some new pyjamas.” Mihai quickly looked at his stained, ripped pyjamas; embarrassed but overjoyed at the prospect of joining Reading.
adult_pj_2.jpg

Sorry accidently wrote it on my brothers account who was logged onto FM base, if you are wondering why there is a different name writing the story!

The Rest of us…
After Mihai, Solid and Lukas all got professional contracts, it was our turn. I get the opportunity with Leeds, it was no Sunderland but hey you got to start somewhere. I impressed in the trial controlling the game and even popping up with a goal. Neil Warnock came up to me after the trial match and told me he was impressed. “You’re the next Paul Scholes” he told me. I was honoured to even be compared to such a legendary player. The next day I got a contract and now I’m playing for Leeds. The only downside is Neil Warnock spits when he talks. Yeah to most footballers that wouldn’t be a problem, but when he comes to personally congratulate every time you do well, it’s like having a shower!
neil-warnock.jpg

Daniel got a trial in Portugal, sunny Portugal! He had been offered a trial with Boavista, no Valencia but a decent side. It was very different from his trial with Sunderland. There was lots of endurance and fitness training which he strived in. He also got the chance to bag a hat trick in the practice match. If he didn’t get a contract I would eat my own hair. Well Lukas said it literally and had to swap the traditional Paella dish for a plate of hair!
200px-Boavista_F.C._logo.svg.png

Finally Christian, the last guy in our group. A few weeks after me and Dan signed for our respective clubs; Christian got his opportunity at Hull. Originally it was devastation as the Hull manager turned him down as his height and strength were not suited to such a rough league.

However, Nick Barmby gave him a shot with a pre-contract setup for when he reaches his 18th birthday. We had all signed!

To celebrate all of us achieving contracts we decided to celebrate in the best way we knew how – a trip to Nandos!
nandos.jpg

Mihai and Daniel were already there. Their height difference made them look like an odd looking couple. Next me and Christian showed up to sit at our six seater table. Just waiting for Lukas and Solid now.

About ten minutes had passed we were sharing a plate of Nachos, when Lukas showed up with a brown tan, a classy suit and a hot woman by his side. We all stared in amazement at this model he was dating. He could barely talk to girls at school and now he had a goddess by his side.
gisele_bunchen.jpg

Finally, Solid showed up in a luxury Audi. I was slightly embarrassed as he parked his car next to my second hand Vauxhall Astra.

As we ate our meal, Lukas set a toast, “To the future and whatever mystery it may bring.” We all held up our glasses not knowing what our futures will be like.
cutcaster-photo-801007609-unknown-future.jpg

Nice i thought u gave up, but now its getting interesting since we all signed a contract :D

Nice i thought u gave up, but now its getting interesting since we all signed a contract :D

Thanks just been a bit busy: got a job, passed my driving test and finally got into Uni so this has been a bit hectic!

Sweet story!
What car you getting? :) Well done for getting onto Uni, you gotta keep up with drinkings in freshers week and beyond!