From Scottish Third to splitting the Old Firm...or so I hope

Withnail316

Reaction score
Evening all

I'm pretty new to these forums, but I must say it's fantastic to find people who are as addicted to this **** game as I am! I am an old school Lower League Manager, it's all about the romance of taking a tiny club to the very top. (Never understand those who pick United and just dominate...they do that already! Anyway, I digress...)

Normally I stick to England, starting no higher than LG2, but I decided to move north of the border and try and break the stranglehold that Celtic and Rangers have on that league, but of course start at the bottom. Just to get the details out the way, I haven't patched my game so I'm playing the disc version (11.0)

I've loaded up the English (PL to BSS/N) French (LG1 and 2) Spanish (LG1 and 2) Italian (A&B) and obv Scottish. It was then left to chance and the magic 'pick a club for me' button, and I'd take the job of the first Scottish Third club it gave me. That was Annan Athletic, so away we go.

My board wanted me to finish midtable, and offered me a transfer budget of £1k and a wage budget of £2,300. I told them I could finish top half, which increased my transfer budget to £1,500 and my wage budget to £2,600. (Even at Dartford I'd got £4,500 wages, so this is going to be tough!)

Looking at the assistant manager's report, I've discovered my entire team is rubbish, so I need to rebuild from top to bottom! Fun, fun!

I've gone for pace up front in my 4-3-1-2 system, so I've signed Badawassi Lorie as my target man, and Roscoe D'Sane as my poacher. Both took contracts of less than £100 a week which helps, and I've followed that up with James Ashmore (brilliant player even in League One in England, yet he'll sign for absolutely everybody) and Jo Tessem as a player-coach. Next I signed New Zealand keeper Phil Imray and Congolese defender Eugene Kangulungu and Kuami Agboh for my midfield, and I'm about ready to go.

I'm going to accept any bids for my other players and bring some of the youth team through, as to be honest they're just as good as the horse sh*t that are already at the club!

I think this may be my toughest career to date, and I'll keep anybody who's interested up to date as often as I can.

(PS if you can let me know how to add screen shots I'll gladly oblige...cheers)

From what I can see, those blogs are a graveyard....not a single response to any on the top page!

From what I can see, those blogs are a graveyard....not a single response to any on the top page!

I know what you mean. But I'm not sure the FM-Base staff would appreciate a story that's not in the blogs section, sorry.