bluebirdboi

Reaction score
View attachment 343684

Hello, firstly I would like to apologise for the Bayer Leverkusen story I was going to start, I was halfway through season 1 and the game decided to give me a crash dump, unfortunately I hadn't saved it for a good 2 months and I couldn't be bothered to go through it again.

Anyway on to Cardiff, I am a huge fan of the team and I have the ambassador status on my season ticket which means I have been a season ticket holder for more than 5 years. I have asked roberdoo and he has said it is ok for me to do this. I think it would be a great way to compare signings.

So, intro over, I'll do a quick August update which will be out at around 9pm GMT and then the October update tomorrow

Looking forward to the story mate,
are you going to be using the update were they are in the championship?

View attachment 671991

July and August update:

Friendlies;

View attachment 343558

So... a pretty poor pre season in all don't really want to talk about it much.

August;

View attachment 343553

Good month, barring the result to then bottom team Brentford, If we beat them I'm sure we would've been top.

Transfers: In;
---
Alexander Tettey 3 million from Norwich City
View attachment 343549
Glad I could bring this guy in, will slot straight in to the central midfield role alongside Whittingham and Adeyemi.
---
Tom Lawrence season long loan from Manchester United
View attachment 343545
Will do a good job as rotation if one of my wingers get injured
---
Sondre Rossbach 600k from ODD
View attachment 343543
Future competition with Moore when Marshall retires/moves on in the future

Out;
Kenwyne Jones 4.3 million to West Ham
Etien Velikonja 500k to Rotherham
Nicky Maynard 14k p/m (View To Buy 2.5 mil) to Burnley
Kadeem Harris loan to Barnsley
Luke Coulson loan to Kidderminster

League table;
View attachment 343539
---
Joint second in the League, glad I'm in this spot early on, hopefully I'll be able to re-create what we did IRL in 2012 when we secured top spot from November until the end of the season.
-----
Player of the Month |August| (July doesn't count)

Javi Guerra!
View attachment 343538

Great start from the experienced Spaniard, had a great season last term with Valladolid and I was surprised he signed for us.​

September Update:

Transfer in:
View attachment 343504
Kevin Kampl £5 million from RB Salzburg
Will slot straight in to the AMR role pushing Noone to the Left wing spot.

Transfers out:
Adeji Oshilaja 27k to Partick Thistle
Simon Lappin released
Joe Ralls loan to Shrewsbury

Lappin got released in real life plus he was taking up some of the wages so I happily let him go.

Fixtures:
Game 1: Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City 1-0 Millwall
View attachment 343503
Good start to the month, Javi Guerra continuing his fine form getting an early goal.
----
Game 2: Sky Bet Championship
Blackburn 0-3 Cardiff City
View attachment 343501
Two goals from Kim and 1 goal from Tettey got us an easy win against the team who were top at the time. Hopefully teams will try to sign Kim in January as we are failing FFP.
-----
Game 3: Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City 2-1 Ipswich
View attachment 343500
A double from new boy Kevin Kampl on his home debut, hopefully he will be banging in more goals this season.
------
Game 4: Capital One Cup 3rd Round
View attachment 343497
Happy to get through this in the end but I was bricking it when we were on penalties, an "easy" 4th round draw against Sheffield United coming up. So far we have had teams from lower leagues, but unless Doncaster beat QPR it looks like our luck has run out.
------
Game 5: Sky Bet Championship
Derby County 1-1 Cardiff City
View attachment 343496
Not too disheartened to get a draw out of this, only stay where we are because the results around us went our way.

League Table:
View attachment 343502
Exactly where I want to be for the rest of the season.

View attachment 343494
Reward for the unbeaten month.

Player of the month:
View attachment 343487
David Marshall; Only let in 2 goals and kept us in the games so I think he is deserved of this award.
Next update should be out tonight,
View attachment 343483
Bob bank on the left and the Canton on the far right
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Could anyone give me some feedback on the layout? I'd be very grateful, thanks!​

October update:

All in all a good month, once again unbeaten and our only loss of the season so far has come against Brentford.

Fixtures:
Cardiff City 2-1 Huddersfield Town
View attachment 343384
Good start to the month with Javi getting a brace

Cardiff City 2-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers
View attachment 343383
Could've been better but I was hoping for a win here but I'll take a draw against a good Wolves team

Games 3&4: Friendlies (for fitness during international break)
Cardiff City 6-0 Cardiff City U21's
Cardiff City 4-0 Cardiff City U18's

Cardiff City 1-0 Fulham
View attachment 343382
Glad we could beat Fulham to extend our advantage at the top of the table from Magnus Eikrem's brilliant free-kick which won goal of the month
Link to the goal ---> Gyazo - 3aaa1dbb8a1810c6cc7c43ca5f2eab49.gif

Game 6: Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City 2-1 Birmingham City
View attachment 343381
Poor performance overall, glad to get the win in the end though

Game 7: Capital One Cup 4th Round
Cardiff City 0-0 Sheffield United
Cardiff City win 11-10 on penalties
View attachment 343380
Very poor performance, luckily we got through after Jay DeMerit missed his penalty, should've been an easy win though.

League Table:
View attachment 343378
Glad to be top of the league and we haven't dropped into second place since the last update

Player of the month: Magnus Wolff Eikrem
View attachment 343379
The Norwegian really impressed this month and topped of his good month by scoring a beautiful free-kick

Next update will be November​

View attachment 672920
November & December

I forgot to post the November update last night and I have already played December so I'll include them both.

November:
Reading 1-1 Cardiff City​
View attachment 342951
Ok performance against promotion rivals, not much more to say.

Cardiff City 1-0 Middlesbrough​
View attachment 342950
Good performance against a mid table team, glad to get the 3 points

Wigan Athletic 1-1 Cardiff City​
View attachment 342949
Another mediocre performance, would've liked to get a win but hey-ho

Game 4: Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City 2-1 Charlton Athletic​
View attachment 342948
Good performance, hopefully we can extend our unbeaten run to atleast January.

December:

Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Cardiff City​
View attachment 342947
A good win, rare goals from Tettey and Fabio which was very pleasing

Cardiff City 1-0 Norwich City​
View attachment 342946
Very, very even game, 50/50 possession and 10 shots each made it very close. Lucky to get Bassong's own goal to clinch the win

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Cardiff City​
View attachment 342945
Was wondering when Guerra was going to get on the score sheet again. I really need him to start scoring more goals now as Kevin Doyle and Jordan Rhodes both have 18 goals while he is on 10.

Game 4: Capital One Cup Quarter Final
AET: Everton 1-2 Cardiff City​
View attachment 342944
Ecstatic was what I was feeling when Whittingham scored in the 99th minute. His goal could've set us up against either Arsenal or Man United but luckily, like in 2012, we faced Championship opposition.

Cardiff City 5-2 Blackpool​
View attachment 342943
Great performance, decided to play my third tactic which has 2 strikers and we dominated. Rhys Healey an U21 player started as most of my other strikers (Le Fondre, Guerra and Burgstaller) were struggling for fitness and ended up scoring straight after half time.

Game 6: Sky Bet Championship
Watford 1-1 Cardiff City​
View attachment 342942
Meh, I'll take a draw from this.

Game 7: Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City 0-2 Bournemouth
View attachment 342941

Shocking result, Best I move on from this I think...

League Table:
View attachment 342940

Happy with this, would've preffered to have been 4 points clear maybe even 6 if we had beaten Watford but oh well.
Sorry for the late update, I wrote this update before I left to go to watch Cardiff vs Wigan but I just had to add in the Screenshots. Next update should be out tomorrow sometime.​

If anyone is reading this story could you give me some feedback on how I can improve?

January:

Transfers:
In:
For some reason the game wont let me take screen shots of the players so I'll just write them out;
Stefan Strandberg 500k Rosenborg
Leandro Bacuna 4.9 million Aston Villa
Magnus Lekven 625k Ejsberg fB

Out:
Ben Turner 1.8 million QPR
Kim Bo-Kyung 3.5 million Freiburg
Adam Le Fondre loan QPR (surprise surprise)
5 youth players out on loan too

Fixtures:

Cardiff City 0-0 Nottingham Forest
View attachment 342554

Game 2: FA Cup
Cardiff City 1-0 Crawley Town
View attachment 342553

Game 3: Capital One Cup Semi Final First Leg
Cardiff City 2-1 Blackburn
View attachment 342546

Game 4: Sky Bet Championship
Rotherham 0-2 Cardiff City
View attachment 342543

Cardiff City 1-2 Leeds United
View attachment 342524

Game 6: Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg
Blackburn 2-1 Cardiff City (Blackburn win 4-2 on pens)
View attachment 342523

Game 7: FA Cup
Cardiff City 0-1 Leicester City
View attachment 342522

Game 8: Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City 0-0 Brentford
View attachment 342521

Well I was glad the month is over as it was very long, not very happy with the losses, glad we are out of the cup competitions though as it gives us a chance to focus on the league. I will be changing the training focus of the team to fitness not tactics as the team were getting low on fitness as the second round of cup games came around. Hopefully a fully rotated team will be available to me because of the transfers that I made. I was glad to get 1.8 million for Ben Turner and also happy for getting 3.5 million for Kim. They were both in the reserves and not getting played so I thought I might as well get them off the wage bill.

League Table:
Sky Bet Championship
View attachment 342520
Doesn't bother me that we are second in the league, hopefully we can win our game in hand over Brighton and retake top spot.

MOTM(onth)
Alexander Tettey

Solid month for Tettey, played really well despite the poor performances from the team.​

I love Srandberg buy, he always plays good for my side and you can sell him for at least 10 times you spent for him. it seems that you need better scorer...I wish you luck for re-taking 1st place

Yeah, I tried getting in a new striker as Guerra only seems to score every few games, hopefully I'll be able to find a way for Macheda to get scoring more.

Got my year 10 gcse results today and I'm going out for a meal later so I most likely won't be posting an update today. Also I may just go to an end of season update, and when I start the next season I may only do 3 monthly updates. Any thoughts?

Got my year 10 gcse results today and I'm going out for a meal later so I most likely won't be posting an update today. Also I may just go to an end of season update, and when I start the next season I may only do 3 monthly updates. Any thoughts?

3 Months update is fine, more than enough

Season 1 review

I decided to get season 1 over and done with as I felt that I couldn't keep on winning and I needed to have a challenge, so 1 big review for the season.

Fixtures:
View attachment 341684

League Table:
View attachment 341683
Player Of The Season:
View attachment 341681
Reason:
View attachment 341680
He's Scotland's no.1 for a reason and keeping an incredible 25 clean sheets in 45 league games, looking over now I don't understand how he didn't get into the TOTS.

Young Player Of The Season:
The player of the season was a breeze to choose but this was so much harder, I'm going to give it to Mats Daehli but it easily could've been Kevin Kampl, Aron Gunnarsson or Federico Macheda.
(Pic not working again for some reason)

Total season awards:

View attachment 341648View attachment 341647View attachment 341646View attachment 341645View attachment 341644
Next update will be the new season​

Congrats on title and new record, now its time for some signings to be competent in BPL