From the Depths of League Football

FC Shorty

Reaction score
Cambridge United FC
draft_lens2152141module11423657photo_1220974794cambridge-united-logo.jpg

*This is my first try at one of these storys and also one of my first trys at a Lower League team. This will my done in kinda of a diary style from the managers view

4th July 2008
I've just been confirmed as the new manager of Blue Square Premier League team, Cambridge United. This is my first job as a manager, I hope to bring this club back into the Football League and maybe one day the Premier League. I know that I have a tough job on my hands but I think that I'm to it. Some of the fans are excited about my arrival and hope that I can bring take the team to the next level. But most of the fans are worried about appointing such an inexperienced manager but I plan to win a few of them over during the up and coming season.

I have a tough start as manager with games against League One sides, Oldham and Swindon, before I play Wrexham in the first game on the season. Those matches should give me a better look at the team and help me decide who should stay and who should go. The board expects me to grab a play-off place and have given me a mear 9,000 pounds to work it so I'll have to be looking to grab a few frees and loans.....

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:48 PM ----------

A Good Start
16th August 2008
I've settled in as manager of Cambridge United and its been as good as a start that I could have wished for. Pre-season went well with a 5-1 win over Hyde, a 3-2 win over Swindon and a narrow loss to Oldham 1-0. The lads have seemed to gel quickly and I was delighted with the win over League One side, Swindon. The League also has been going well. I started with a 2-0 win over Wrexham and another win over Lewes which has left me currently 2nd.

I've also made a some very good signings. Jack Wilshire, Luke Cornwall, and Julien Corti are some of the more notable ones. Wilshire is only on loan from Arsenal but I hope that I can make the deal permanent in the future or atleast get him on loan again. Cornwall spent six years at Fulham at the start of his career and has brought that experience to us. He looks like a real bargain and has already scored two goals.

In:
Mauro Coppini - Free
Luke Cornwall - Free
Julien Corti - Free
Adrian - Free
Joao Araujo - Free
Frederic Baldi - Free
Danzelle St. Louis Hamilton - Loan - Stoke
Jack Wilshire - Loan - Arsenal

Out:
N/A

how did you get wilshere on loan, it says cant loan him when hes 16