From the Icelandic lower leagues to unknown!

Jacob7777

Reaction score
Why Iceland?

View attachment 369622

The Iceland national football team has never qualified to world cup or european championship. Their best effort do this was playoffs to 2014 world cup,where they narrowly were beaten by Croatia.

Why lower leagues?

This is a far better challenge than for example starting with IA. The top divsion has been dominated in recent years by both KR and FH.

View attachment 369615 View attachment 369614

So we will start with 5-th tier Stokkseyri, which was founded in 1908 making it one of the oldest Icelandic football clubs.

View attachment 369602

Despite that they never had won a major trophy.

2013/14 squad

Oldest player: Predrag Milosavljevic (40)
Youngest player: Bjogravin Garoarsson (21)
Icelandic players: 18
European players: 2
African players: 1
Asian players: 1
Oceanian players: 0
American players: 0

Note: Some midfielders can play as strikers or strikers as midfielders. I put where they will play in my team.

I'm definitely following this.

I'm assuming your club is amateur level and not semi-pro like the Premier & first division sides.

I've got a KR save going and i'm in the year 2035, yet I've still never heard of Stokkseyri.

They are amateur and the 8th least reputable club in Iceland. Odds to win the league 5000-1...

Cup "run"

Let's how we did in our domestic cup:

First I had to face fellow 5th divsion side Einherji:

View attachment 369495

Despite they got more possesion and shots we had the cutting edge and we won!

2nd round was against Grindavik, the 2nd tier giants! Well they trashed us....

View attachment 369494

I'm not too upset, as i did the first season objective:

View attachment 369493

Half of the season

I have finished the first half of the season.

League Table:

View attachment 369486

So far we are 6 points clear of Kongarnir, who also had 5000-1 odds to win the league!

Best result:

View attachment 369485

Maybe not the highest vicotry, but it is very important! It leaves us 6 points clear of them!

Top scorer:

View attachment 369484

I honestly didn't expect midfielder to be the top scorer! Hope he can conitnue the form he's in!

Full fixture list:

View attachment 369483

So far very happy :$

Hahaha I think this is so funny, because actually I've played with your main goalscorer, Barthosz Hoppa, in real life, with Stál-Úlfur team that plays in the 4th division in Iceland. He's an ok player at this standard, but he doesn't play anymore. I wonder how you got all the lower Icelandic leagues? Can you send me a link of the download? Wonder if I am in Stál-úlfur in this database you're using, you can check me up if you like, the name is: Gunnlaugur Jon Ingason...maybe send me a screenshot if I am :)

Cheers!

I will follow your story as I did with the one of Kerguelen.

Went to Iceland in may, wonderful country, go if you can ! ;)

Thanks guys! There is a twist, because my file crashed, so i will start with the other lower league team if you aren't angry ;). I won't tell you the name now, but I can tell that the club isn't a good one :p not even close!

I took the file from FM-SCOUT.COM the link is: Iceland to level 5 for FM14

Glímufélagið Ármann

The club i took is Ármann. It's a multi-sport club based in Iceland capital: Reykjavik. The club has a good basketball section which won Iceland championship in 1980. However, the football section hasn't won a major trophy. It has been playing in 1 delid (2nd divsion) in past, but now the club has fallen into as low as 5th divsion (4 delid).

Info:

Small stadium, bad facilities, much to improve here!

Pre-season odds:

We are predicted dead bottom, but to be fair in league this everything can happen!