From the Lower Leagues of Luxembourg to the FIFA World Cup

HamoudiLFC

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am starting a new save and I have been thinking of what type of league, country, or continent I should conquer/play as. I decided to look at the worst leagues in the World on FM, (half star rated) and the Luxembourg Lower Division was there, so I decided to use a club in the Promotion Division/Division of Honour (2nd Division of Luxembourg) and the NT of Luxembourg.

Luxembourg Current Ranking: 111 (on FM)
World Cup: Never Qualified.
European Championships: Never Qualified.

So Luxembourg dont have a national history to boast of, and they have only won 19, drawn 26 and lost 251 out of 296 international games. They have scored 171 international goals, 16 of those by top scorer of Luxembourg, Leon Mart. The person who has had the most appearances for Luxembourg is Jeff Strasser with 98 caps. Of Luxembourg's 19 international wins, their most notable ones have come against France, Germany, Belgium, Portugal and Netherlands twice.

I have also taken charge of Luxembourgian (is that correct? lol) club CS Oberkorn in the 2nd Division, The Division of Honour.

They are a semi-professional club and they play at that Stade Municipal, in Differdange, Luxembourg.
View attachment 322766View attachment 322767

This seems like an easier version of the San Marino challenge, but to win the CL you will need to qualify for the EL like 3 times or something

This seems like an easier version of the San Marino challenge, but to win the CL you will need to qualify for the EL like 3 times or something

Yeah it is similar to the SM Challenge and easier internationally but club-wise I want to make the Luxembourg National Division one of the best leagues in the world, while when youre San Marino you'll reach the Serie A which is already in the top 5 leagues

JULY
No new signings, just a new chief scout. Although I terminated my Assistant Manager's contract and now no assistant manager wants to have talks to sign for the club.. so Im screwed for now...

Anyways we played a friendly, against AZ Alkmaar Reserves.
We are currently in July, and after this I will give monthly updates.

FRIENDLY:

(Home) vs. AZ Alkmaar Reserves
Score: 0-1, AZ Alkmaar
MOTM: Alexander Semedo Borges

Boring match, only 2 key highlights. The goal and a shot that hit the post, we were unlucky to conceded in the 90+2 minute, but good result considering they are Dutch League Reserves.
Alexander Borges, the man of the match... he seems to be like a really good player, my assistant manager said he was our best player, and now there is no scout report on him since I have no assistant manager...

NEXT UPDATE: END OF JULY-AUGUST