bigtukker

Reaction score
From the Lowest of Lands

4e0b3ac19f8ba.png

Hello guys.

My name is Thomas, and this will be my first and maybe only story for FM 2014. I will start in the bowels of the Dutch competitions and hope that I get better and better jobs during the many years I hope to play this game. I?ve done this challenge before with VVV and later got to Twente, Club Brugge, Ivory Coast and Bayern. Now I hope to get more clubs under my watch.

This year I?ve loaded the Belgian, English, Dutch, German, French, Italian and Spanish leagues, all to the second level.

This year I?ll start with Sparta Rotterdam. It?s a club who always play for promotions in the Dutch First Division, but haven?t been promoted for several years. I hope to promote with Sparta and stay there for at least two years.

View attachment 462061

---

Pre-Season

Squad

16vRfKH.png

When I took a look at my squad I realized I had a lot of talented defenders. Especially the DC and the DMC were heavily occupied. That?s why I tried an inconventional tactic: 4-3DM-2AM-1. I only needed an extra DM for that for back up.

Transfer

WLBF2UA.png

My eye fell on the Spanish Ram?n Arcas. He seems talented and could also close gaps when necessary right now. He was on a free, so I decided to offer him a contract, which he signed.

Fixtures

WLBF2UA.png

My pre-season was cluttered with big matches (including FC MF Barcelona). I decided to drop some (like Bremen and RKC) and added an amateur team. The pre-season didn?t go as I hoped as I lost to Capelle. On the other side I think I overperformed at Frankfurt by defeating them 2-1.

Last edited:
The first matches in the Jupiler League has been played and it?s time to look back at these four matches. The fixtures were Fortuna Sittard, Young PSV, Achilles '29 and De Graafschap.

Results

Kz86e0P.png

We?ve started really well. Drawing away against Fortuna isn?t a shame and keeping the nets clean in the consecutive three matches isn?t a small feat either, especially with being forced to use the backup goalkeeper.

Table

lDvZMbI.png

These three victories and one draw brought us to the topspot for now. A good place to be as the first period end in three matches and if we win the period we already got an early spot in the Promotion/Relegation Play-Offs​

Last edited:
Rather randomly I have chosen Sparta as well. I'm hoping to do the "Toast Of The City" challenge and overtake Feyenoord as the best team in Rotterdam. I have only just started but will do a story as well (my first!).