The Icelander

Reaction score
Entry 1

Dear diary, today was excellent, me and the missus took the kids to the park and we had a great time, little Erik really seems to have football talent from his dad. As for our younger daughter, Andrea, she just keeps growing and growing and I am ofcourse extremely proud of her. Let me start though by telling my story.

It all started when I was just a little boy in my home city Berlin, my dad had passed away before I even remembered myself so it was only me and my mum. In my early days I always loved to play football, I played everywhere, all the time, with anyone who was willing. So as soon as I had the chance to play and practise for the Hertha Berlin junior squad I jumped at the chance. I was always the smallest, weakest guy but I quickly learned to use my pace and acceleration to get away from defenders and I adored our coach, Martin Lufthausen, a world renowned talent finder.

I grew through the ranks and started training with the senior squad at only 16 years, the senior players taught me alot and this was probably the era where I learned about 50% of everything I know. I kept playing regularly with the youth squad and Martin usually played at the right even though I fancied myself as a striker, I kept using my pace to asisst alot and score regularly. Eventually my chance with the senior squad came, a cup game against some minnow side that we were strong favourites for. I started on the bench but I had been promised atleas 30 minutes to showcase my skills, at halftime the score was even, 1-1. I was sent on and I have probably never been so nervous in my life as the first 5 minutes. But I quickly adapted and even got an assist as the game ended 4-1 for Hertha Berlin. After that the road was only up as I became a legend for the team, massing up 620 appearances, nearly 200 asissts and captaining the team to 3 german league titles.

I retired at the age of 34 and I was properly bored with football and despite a very generous offer from Hertha to become a coach I went on to other things and married a lovely cockney girl and we have two gorgeus kids as I have already said. Now that you know my story I say good night.

Hanzol Heinz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write notes;

Any criticism is well appreciated.​

Last edited:
Entry 2

Dear diary, today I recieved from my good friend Martin Lufthausen, I had not heard from him in ages and after alot of chit-chat he told me why he had called me. Appearently he had won a lottery a while ago and decided to invest in some company that nobody had even heard of, but after some time the company burst on the scene and Martin made billions, yes billions. My good old friend Martin Lufthausen was a 72 year old billionaire, I of course congratulated him and then he gave me the bombshell, he had bought the entire club that is Hertha Berlin. He then went on to offer me the job of manager, I politely declined as I had no interest in going back into football, I had plenty going on for me at home. He said he understood but told me none the less to think about it and getting back to him in case I change my mind.

As I told my wife the news she seemed abit upset and she said she didnt want me to put my dreams on hold just because of my family, she was fine with moving to Berlin. I assured her that the only dreams I was having was living my life in peace and quiet with her and the kids. I am happy with things excactly the way the are.

Hanzol Heinz