Runeaa

Reaction score
Hi guys! Does anyone have a tactic that actually works?? Or, in other terms, can someone tell me what im doing wrong?????

I have tryed all tactics available on this forum by now and i STILL cant find one for my beloved Man United that can both attack, and defend. Some tactics wins 7-2, 5-3, 8-0 at home and loose all games away. Some have crazy setups that just looks silly! Some have false nine`s and box to box wich makes it impossible to find players for the positions.. Im completely lost people!

All help apretiated!

All im asking for is a decent tactic that CAN win something, and a decent away tactic aswell so i dont loose 90% of all away games...

best tactic I have used is supreme tottenham by zvone, you must find it on this site, GREAT tactic, I use it with Anderlecht & Sparta Rotterdam, and have very good results, I have promoted Sparta from second to first league, and what is the best thing, I have very low budget, and not so good players, and in 1st league I'm at half season on 5th place for now. Try it!

Why not create your own tactic, one that suits YOUR players? And make sure you give your squad time to adapt to the tactic, I'd probably say stick with it for 12 games, and you'll see results improve.

*sigh*

I sued to be like this (don't get me wrong, I STILL get frustrated as ****!) - but then you realise there isn't 1 perfect tactic. Different teams, different setups/tactics, different players different abilities, styles etc - means there isn't the be all and end all. Anyone that says so is selling you snake oil or is the emperor's new clothes effect.

Some tactics are more solid balanced than others. But stuff like that doesn't last due to jadedness, morale, etc and players you have, suitability for positions etc etc etc. Seriously, this game is deep.

Plug n play tactic only exists in FIFA.

A good way to start, think of how you want to play the game. Buy the players suited to that particular style. There WILL be trial and error. Trust me. And even once/if you've "mastered" something, don't expect to go unbeaten.

Understand this, and you will find where you need to go. :)

Don't expect tactics to work for long. You have to change them every 10 games or so or they stop working.

*sigh*

I sued to be like this (don't get me wrong, I STILL get frustrated as ****!) - but then you realise there isn't 1 perfect tactic. Different teams, different setups/tactics, different players different abilities, styles etc - means there isn't the be all and end all. Anyone that says so is selling you snake oil or is the emperor's new clothes effect.

Some tactics are more solid balanced than others. But stuff like that doesn't last due to jadedness, morale, etc and players you have, suitability for positions etc etc etc. Seriously, this game is deep.

A good way to start, think of how you want to play the game. Buy the players suited to that particular style. There WILL be trial and error. Trust me. And even once/if you've "mastered" something, don't expect to go unbeaten.

Understand this, and you will find where you need to go. :)

Right on the spot !!!

I’ve been playing football manager/championship manager since the very beginning
And I’ve been playing Football manager 2014 since it came out
This is by far the worst game in the series
If fact I’m going to sell it to some mug on e bay & go back to football manager 2012 – the best game
And I don’t think I will ever bye this game ever again
It just to hard – looking at the game when it’s playing the players always make the same stupid passes loos the ball
I don’t want a game that’s so hard its unplayable -I just want to enjoy it?
FFS

*sigh*

I agree somewhat with what you've said except this... that's FM snobbery.

FIFA does not have plug and play tactics - you choose a team, I choose a team, you tell me your team and watch you belt you to next Wednesday and claim your job seekers allowance ;x point is things like "work rate" still make a difference, etc... people are too short-sighted. Not only that? The players they choose are wrong. The fact that they sign 50 players is wrong. Etc. etc. etc. It can be done.... don't get me wrong... anything can be... but 99/100 cases you're wrong... which brings me back to why I "somewhat" agree with you in that the one person who does get it right understands that football is more about "juggling variables" than it is about kicking a ball (at least in a FM aspect, lulz).

Here's my one main tip I love giving out...

SOME ATTRIBUTES MAKE SOME PLAYERS "WORSE".

Take that how you will.

Look at some recent screen shots of my save (minus the tactic... because although specified, it also worked and was originally developed with my HSV side... so I'd hate to see it get loose and me not get the credit). Note that defenders aren't scoring/assisting dozens (Monreal got 3 in a 2 legs against Grasshopper in UCL qualification... they are weak and I predominantly keep possession/"attack" from the left hand side)...

I promise this is the last time I post screen shots today XD

View attachment 372111 View attachment 372110 View attachment 372112 View attachment 372109

No save/load etc. Not revealing tactic (my own). Been playing manager games since dark ages so I'm no amateur (A)

I just noticed how important it is to make sure you do everything in this years release. Media, pre match, half time, post match, praising, criticising, resting, changing training, keeping an eye on training levels, having an understanding of training levels, having an understanding of tactics, having the right players, keeping cohesion, making sure you have the right coaches (no point if they have no adaptability/speak the language) and about a trillion other things. Variables, it's what makes the game we love also the game we hate ;)

I agree somewhat with what you've said except this... that's FM snobbery.

FIFA does not have plug and play tactics - you choose a team, I choose a team, you tell me your team and watch you belt you to next Wednesday and claim your job seekers allowance ;x point is things like "work rate" still make a difference, etc... people are too short-sighted. Not only that? The players they choose are wrong. The fact that they sign 50 players is wrong. Etc. etc. etc. It can be done.... don't get me wrong... anything can be... but 99/100 cases you're wrong... which brings me back to why I "somewhat" agree with you in that the one person who does get it right understands that football is more about "juggling variables" than it is about kicking a ball (at least in a FM aspect, lulz).

Here's my one main tip I love giving out...

SOME ATTRIBUTES MAKE SOME PLAYERS "WORSE".

Take that how you will.

Look at some recent screen shots of my save (minus the tactic... because although specified, it also worked and was originally developed with my HSV side... so I'd hate to see it get loose and me not get the credit). Note that defenders aren't scoring/assisting dozens (Monreal got 3 in a 2 legs against Grasshopper in UCL qualification... they are weak and I predominantly keep possession/"attack" from the left hand side)...

I promise this is the last time I post screen shots today XD

View attachment 607225 View attachment 607228 View attachment 607222 View attachment 607231

No save/load etc. Not revealing tactic (my own). Been playing manager games since dark ages so I'm no amateur (A)

I just noticed how important it is to make sure you do everything in this years release. Media, pre match, half time, post match, praising, criticising, resting, changing training, keeping an eye on training levels, having an understanding of training levels, having an understanding of tactics, having the right players, keeping cohesion, making sure you have the right coaches (no point if they have no adaptability/speak the language) and about a trillion other things. Variables, it's what makes the game we love also the game we hate ;)
Oh I'm not being a snob. I do still play FIFA on the regular. ;)

But put it this way, it's much easier to paly tactic vs tactic, and it matter to a lesser extent (than FM) because my stick skills and timing within the FIFA engine will more than likely trump an opposition's tactic/players. In fifa, find someone with SPD/STR - you're pretty much set.

In FM, you really do have to look into every little thing; at least infinitely more than you would in fifa.