darth_timon

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently trying my damndest not to delete FM2011 and hurl the disc out the window in anger- so far I have tried several tactics- both ones I've made and one's I've downloaded- and had no joy at all. Tactics which promise goals haven't delivered for me (The 'Ghost' tactic of Zero Sea, which brought a 1-1 draw with Sunderland and a 0-0 draw with Blackburn- and a 4-1 home defeat against Chelsea), and Paetoja's lots of goals tactic, which has also failed to bring goals.

I am already at the end of my tether with it. I don't know what to do.

what teams do you start with? what do you do in the transfer market? do you play Fm often, have you in the past?

First of all, calm down. Which team are you playing with? Cause if you're Blackpool or something don't expect any tactic to give you a 4-0 win every time against every team. That doesn't even happen with the biggest teams. And play more then 3 matches before jumping into any conclusions. If it's possible, because you really seem to be an impatient fellow ;)

You may want to try some other tactics which have helped alot of people here. Mr Hough's tactic, bozinis' tactic ("my first FM Base tactic"), JP's - they have done good for some people, so you can give it a try.

Also, try and give a chosen tactic some time for the team to blend into it. Start using the tactic during pre-season to get your team adapted to it. That way when you start your competitive matches, your team and tactic is all set.

Firstly, there is a thread for this: Post your Frustrations ;)

Secondly, read this. It is for FM10, but still fully applies. You need to have an understanding of how a tactic is constructed to understand why a certain tactic isn't working for your team. Despite what the creators of certain tactics may say, no tactic is 'plug and play'. It must fit the team's strengths.

Last edited:
im the king of impatiance mate lol, gets very ftrustratin at times, sometimes i just wanna grab the cd an frizbee it out me window or i wanna punch a hole through me laptop, therapy has been considered.
but at the same time i love the game an will always play it, its like a drug addiction lol.

alls i can say is stick at it mate itl hopefully pay off. iv had games where i win the league with liverpool but then struggle to get in europe can be random at times aswel.

suppose its all bout trial an error an which players who can fit into ur formation etc

I guess I can get frustrated easily- it's just that I hate losing, with a passion, and don't react well to it- especially when I'm absolutely sure in my mind that my team shouldn't be.

That said, picking Liverpool as my side handicapped me right away didn't it?

I've cooled down since this morning, but the results haven't improved.

How do I post screen shots of my team and stats?

I guess I can get frustrated easily- it's just that I hate losing, with a passion, and don't react well to it- especially when I'm absolutely sure in my mind that my team shouldn't be.

That said, picking Liverpool as my side handicapped me right away didn't it?

I've cooled down since this morning, but the results haven't improved.

How do I post screen shots of my team and stats?
Just because I play as Liverpool pretty well. I'd suggest a 4-5-1 direct with quick tempo.

Torres as the Complete Forward.
Wingers: try and stick to whoever is in form, if they're doing ok in a game but you need a goal, try and rotate others in to create a spark.
AMC: Gerrard, try and use a role which uses most of his stats, I think it's Inside Forward attack, but fiddle with it, at times other roles will fare better depending on how your wingers like to work.
Raul Meireles/sometimes Lucas: Deep Lying Playmaker, Support.
Poulsen/Lucas: Ball Winning CM
Defenders/Full-backs: Automatic. Aurelio is amazing. Use him for set pieces. If not him, then Meireles.

Try and play with the budget off for the summer window, it helps quite a bit, but if not, purchase younger players like Pastore, Corchia, Neymar. Pacy wingers help quite a bit, Junior Stanislas was massive for me and so was Mehdi Carcela who was like 3 Mil.

Biggest attribute for this game is patience. Keep tinkering, make sure your players are in the best positions for the formation etc, the basics. Then it WILL pay off believe me, and when it does, it is enormously satisfying. Just be patient and don't launch the disc. Stop playing, and you'll be missing out on a great gaming experience.

Stick with one tactic for at least 15 to 20 games to get the team used to it. I find that i get better results with a direct attacking tactic with a quick tempo.... Be patient and youll find what suits your players

You need to let the team get used to the tactic you want to use. Constiency is the key!

Also: try and use "Team Blend" for the Match Preparation part most of the time. And switch it up accordingly depending on what seems to be the problem through a run of games.

I understand your pain. I'm also a very impatient guy who got enraged every time I lose and feels like I wanna smash my laptop lol. But still I admit that patient is the key. Now I stick with Ghost Tactic and having great results with it. You'll need at least 10 match to get the tactic to work!