Fulham admit interest in Bellamy

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Fulham boss Mark Hughes admits he wants to sign Manchester City's out-of-favour striker Craig Bellamy.

More...

I was hoping Newcastle would put an offer in for him. Nothing has been mentioned yet though.

I was hoping Newcastle would put an offer in for him. Nothing has been mentioned yet though.
Doubt you could afford his wages or the transfer fee if you've got no transfer money to spend..

Why are we selling him!?

He was a key player last season, look at his performances against Chelsea and United! Terrible decision if you let him go Mancini, great player, and we really cannot rely on David Silva and Adam Johnson to perform week in and week out on the flanks, hope to **** we keep him.

Bellamy is a good footballer but his temper makes him viable. Every club he goes to he either falls out with the manager or a fellow player. The only manager he didn't fall out with was The legend Sir Bobby Robson as Wor Bobby put his arm around him and When Sir Bobby got sacked :( Bellamy didn't want to be at newcastle and he then fell out with Shearer. I'd have Big Al over bellamy any day and I hope he doesn't sign for newcastle. His performances on the pitch are fantastic though so he would be a good signing for fulham and will inject pace into their frontline and add 15-20 goals per season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6287530,00.html

Chris Hughton: "We need to make sure that we have a squad that has the depth to cope with the Premier League. We still need to strengthen. There is money to bring in more players and we expect to do more business."
It still doesn't highlight a figure though, thats what I'm saying. Bellamy's wages will be quite high as I doubt he'll take a pay cut from City, if he does then not a big one and his wages will still be high, and after last season I think they'll look for atleast £7M+ tbh.

I'm not saying we'd have enough to buy him or pay 100% wages, just showing that funds are available. With our wage cap and other policies we'd probably never go for him again.

Why are we selling him!?

He was a key player last season, look at his performances against Chelsea and United! Terrible decision if you let him go Mancini, great player, and we really cannot rely on David Silva and Adam Johnson to perform week in and week out on the flanks, hope to **** we keep him.

He's not in your 25 man squad, well won't be come August 31.

Why are we selling him!?

Money and flashy names is what happening at your club.

On Topic., Any club that gets him will get very good player, all he wants is Manager who makes him feel wanted. Mark Hughes was excellent for him, i wont be surprised if he takes pay cut to join Fulham,

He's been left out of Manchester City's Premier League squad.

Incidently Robinho has been included in the squad, so maybe;

Given/Hart
Boateng - Toure - Kompany - Kolarov
Toure - Barry/Milner
Balotelli -Robinho - Silva
Tevez

Scary looking line-up that..

He's been left out of Manchester City's Premier League squad.

Incidently Robinho has been included in the squad, so maybe;

Given/Hart
Boateng - Toure - Kompany - Kolarov
Toure - Barry/Milner
Balotelli -Robinho - Silva
Tevez

Scary looking line-up that..

Yeah, but would be interesting to see how good they are as a team, the weak link imo is Kompany, so they could do with a Centre Back, also a back-up right back up.

But I don't know about De Jong, they can't leave him out, especially after he's been in the World Cup final.

Maybe, Yaya would slot into the back four and De Jong would partner Milner?

They don't even need Milner, they're just abusing the power they have, which is all well and good for City, but maybe players like Milner, De Jong, Kompany, Balotelli don't want to sit on the bench.

If I were to move to City, I'd think about it, alot.

IMO

Bellamy, would be great signing for Fulham
If Hughes can use his influence at Man City to get cheap deal say £2m. Bellamy always did well with hughes at Wales and Man City

He can certainly come to Fulham, plenty of quality Golf courses in Surrey as well, he is a similar type of player to Dembele who is having a medical though so it may not happen. He'll have to drop his rumoured 90k a week to at least 40k though.

Would be an excellent signing for any club in the premiership, and i mean that.

He adds superb pace,power and can finish. He would be a fantastic signing for Fulham and I hope they get him.

I want him to go to spurs, cos then Sunderland can sign Crouchy :'(

Back