Fulham complete Schwarzer signing

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Fulham manager Roy Hodgson makes Middlesbrough goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer his first signing of the summer.

More...

Yeh he is a bit. Are Boro going to be getting a new keeper because their backups are even worse.

yeah i was happy as larry when i heard he was leaving and we were going to get robinson or isakkson or someone as i thought it was time for a change and he isnt the best keeper and certainly isnt as good as he used to be. but when southgate came out and said we wont replace him and we will let turnbull and jones compete for the place i really wanted him to stay!

brad jones is one of the worst keepers ive ever witnessed and turnbull is only young and is meant to be rated but in the few games hes played i havent felt too confident.

i think not replacing him shows a huge lack of ambition, if i was on the fence about getting a season ticket next season , having jones or turnbull in goal would seriously make me not get one and i think the club are letting the fans down not getting someone. we need experience in goal or i can just see another season of struggle and disappointment i mean ever Sorensen is available on a free, now i know hes not the best keeper in the world but if we are skint id rather take his premiership and international experience over brad ******** jones

really annoyed that we arent replacing him

Yeah don't think Jones or Turnbull can cut it, really need to sign a new goalkeeper. Shocked he did go to Fulham actually, but they gave him what he wanted: two year contract.

Haven't Fulham still got Niemi? Niemi>Schwarzer

Bad move if Boro don't replace him if backups are ****. Sorenson would be agreat free signing

From reading around it would seem that Southgate never intended to have Schwarzer as #1 next year anyway - handing him a 1 year offer - saying his experience would have been good influence on the others.

Haven't Fulham still got Niemi? Niemi>Schwarzer

Bad move if Boro don't replace him if backups are ****. Sorenson would be agreat free signing

thats true but he has been struggling to stay fit these days :(

i really hope boro sign someone like Sorensen,Isakson,robinson or maybe Carson on loan since nobody can afford to sign him or Ben Foster?

Guess i was wrong, we offered him a 2 year deal. But obviously he was never going to be first choice! Southgate must see something in Jones that we have yet to see.

Crewe keeper Owain Williams has been mentioned quite a bit.

We didn't do badly out of the Schwarzer deal, £1.25 for ten years service. 36 this year - cracking on a bit.

Helped us win the Carling Cup even after an awful error and got us in the UEFA cup...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/effEHnYEY3s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/effEHnYEY3s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

that keiran westwood from carlisle looked class when i saw him on tv recently

Neimi lost his place to Keller....Schwarzer at best is an okay goal keeper. Mark S is brilliant at saving penalties and his plays well for the NT. He got offered deals from Bayern last season to be number 2 and Juve this summer as number 2. He'll be number 1 at fulham (prob on more money) cause he wouldnt sign a contract with a **** club in the PL (******* than his current club) whatever money it is to play as number 2 (he might as well retire his world cup 2010 top kit if he did..). Jones from what i've seen has potential but at the same time is prone to the odd mistake.

Niemi wasnt dropped he hasnt been able to stay fit this season but when ever he was fit Keller was dropped.