Fulham to sign Bullard

Craven

The trequartista
Reaction score
Fulham have announced the signing of Wigan Athletic midfielder Jimmy Bullard in a £2.5 million deal.

In a surprise move Bullard has put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal at Craven Cottage, after Wigan's Premiership rivals triggered a clause in the player's contract by offering a fee in the region of £2.5 million.

Fulham seal shock Bullard deal - Sky Sports News

I'm quite disappointed myself, I really thought Jimmy was enjoying his time at Wigan. Good news for Fulham though, Bullard has proven he can play in the Premiership and play well, any Fulham fans visit this board? I wonder if they are happy about the deal.

cannot believe, Wigan didnt get him a new contract, getting rid of that clause, he has been a stand out for them this season.

Must think Wigan will do **** next year hmm

I would think Wigan are a far better prospect than Fulham.

Could be more to do with being close to his family, he's from London originally.

Kris said:
Must think Wigan will do **** next year hmm

I doubt he cares too much about where he plays his football, as long as he's playing it he'll be happy.

:yikes:

Surprised at Wigan, he's been one of their best players and its not like their chairman cant afford to up his wages. Not sure who will do better next season

hmm on paper fulham have a decent squad

cant believe no1 else went for bullard tbh hes class

love to see him at boro

Should stay at Wigan if you ask me. Wigan are the better team out of the two, even tho Fulham won the other night.

Bullards overated tbh/f

Works hard and hits the occasioanl long shot but thats about it

Quality player. Think he probably just fancied a new challenge, after proving himself as a premiership quality palyer. Fulham have gt a bargain, and if Fulham had won more than a couple away from home on their home form they would of been challenging for europe. won 12 home games so far.

Craven said:
I doubt he cares too much about where he plays his football, as long as he's playing it he'll be happy.

I disagree, I think he must know he is capable of playing in the EPL and considers it a step up..which it is if you ask me.

Wigan will be in the religation zone next year.

i think Wigan will be like Ipswich, and have a really good season and then get relegated sadly. Although i think it depends on who comes up, as i have serious doubts about the teams, (minus Leeds) who may or are coming up, capabilities of staying in the top flight. I am sad to predict i feel all the promoted clubs could end up like Sunderland have this year

Yea Wigan have been on a down since Xmas i think and if they didnt start really really well then things could have ended pretty different for them.