Fulham to unveil statue of.....Michael Jackson!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 5K
To take a break from the puns, here is a reaction from one fan. Taken from a Fulham messageboard.

Total lack of disrespect

What i think has been overlooked in this whole sorry fiasco is that the erecting of a statue of a controversial American "pop star" who has no links what so ever to our club other than being a mate of the chairman totally devalues the gesture of having built the Haynes statue in my opinion.

Johnny Haynes, former England captain and Fulham through and through was rightly honoured posthumously with a statue outside the Cottage gates. To erect a statue of Jackson seems to signify that their stature, standing and relevance to Fulham Football Club are in some way comparable..... They're not.

Michael Jackson has nothing what so ever to do with our club and this is a massively self indulgent act from Mr AL Fayed. Yes we have a lot to thank him for, but that does not give him carte blanche to make our club a laughing stock and to alienate thousands of loyal time served fans. No doubt the usual apologists will be on here claiming this is great and fine, and look out, we might even get a few new fans from it. Well, as far as i'm concerned they can shove it. If this goes ahead i will more than likely not bother renewing my season ticket as it would signify a total seperation between those running the club and what they find acceptable and the views of the average Fulham fan.

We as fans have a responsibility to ensure that this does not happen. However that may be achievable.

What next, a statue of Dirty Diana and Billie Jean Tigana?

http://api.ning.com/files/5QI*qgoxn...EC9n09xyhcGGkwEl3UIXTE8l/MohammedAlFayed..png

C+P it, can't embed for some reason.

Etyp7.png

Last edited:
if your going to make a joke properly (you dont explain it after)

Well, I did say i dont give a ****... and i didnt need to explain it, choose to, to hopefully start of a load of mass song title puns, and wait it worked.

Well, I did say i dont give a ****... and i didnt need to explain it, choose to, to hopefully start of a load of mass song title puns, and wait it worked.

That's a real off the wall thing to do Scott.

I'll stop now, they're awful. :(

Thought would give this a bump because of this

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Video-Fulhams-Jackson-Statue-Mohammed-Al-Fayed-Says-Fans-Who-Dont-Like-It-Can-Go-To-****/Article/201104115965223?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Page_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15965223_Video_Fulhams_Jackson_Statue%3A_Mohammed_Al_Fayed_Says_Fans_Who_Dont_Like_It_Can_Go_To_Hell

I used to like Fayed, but after that outburst, he obviously doesn't give a flying toss, and is acting like a complete **** by what he said. If I was him i'd apologise for what he said. Absolute ****

From what I saw today, most fans don't seem that bothered. Amused if anything, didn't see the statue myself though.

article-1372985-0B768EC900000578-168_468x657.jpg

Oh my sweet lord. That is bad, very very bad.* If I was a Fulham fan, I'd be ******* embarrassed!

*No pun intended!

Think it's disgusting meself. Insult to fans-nothing to do with the club whatsoever. Yeah he may have got invited by the club or whatever, but how about a former Fulham great instead. Jesus wept its disgusting

Back