Fulham vs Chelsea [Monday Night]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Team news

Fulham's Bobby Zamora scored for the reserves (yaaay) in midweek but is still a few weeks away from making a first-team return from his broken leg.

Gael Kakuta, on loan from Chelsea, is ineligible under Premier League rules. (booo)

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed £21.3m defender David Luiz will make his first start after coming off the bench against Liverpool.

Ancelotti has also revealed that Portugal defender Jose Bosingwa is a doubt with an unspecified injury.

So Chelsea pretty much full strength like Fulham minus Zamora, Etuhu and Kak.

Fulham
Injured/unavailable: Etuhu (hamstring), Kakuta (ineligible under loan rules), Senderos (Achilles), Zamora (fitness)

Chelsea
Doubtful: Bosingwa (unspecified)
Injured: Alex (knee), Benayoun (Achilles), Zhirkov (calf)

Match Preview

The champions' hopes of retaining their title are hanging by a thread, with last weekend's costly defeat against former club Liverpool leaving Carlo Ancelotti's champions 10 points off leaders Manchester United. With seven defeats already, an eighth here would surely prove terminal to their title hopes.

Fulham are a team in form, unbeaten at home in 2011 and up to 12th in the table after taking 11 points from a possible 18 since the turn of the year. With Bobby Zamora making a goalscoring return in the reserves in midweek following five months out with a broken leg, the feel-good factor is high at Craven Cottage.

This fixture sees several Fulham stars reunited with their ex. Steve Sidwell, Damien Duff and Eidur Gudjohnsen will all be keen to show Chelsea what they are missing, while Fulham boss Mark Hughes was a popular figure during his three years as a player at Stamford Bridge.

Head to head
Chelsea usually win (boo)

Referee: Mike Dean (lame)
Assistant referees: Mike Mullarkey & Ron Ganfield
Fourth official: Kevin Friend

Jack's optimistic prediction: 1:0 (Dempsey)

Jack's pessimistic prediction: 0:3 (Drogba, Lampard and Lampard again via two deflections)

Come on you Whites.

If fulham get at them and don't let them settle who knows.

I'll go 1-1.

I reckon 2-1 to Chelsea, with El Nino Likely to score.. ******.

I think Fulham will give Chelsea a good game tomorrow night but going to go for Fulham 1-2 Chelsea

Fulham 1-1 Chelsea

Baird - Torres

Fulham
Injured/unavailable: Etuhu (hamstring), Kakuta (ineligible under loan rules), Senderos (Achilles), Zamora (fitness)

Lol, i forgot this chump even existed.

Wheres Eidur?

Status
Not open for further replies.