Fulham vs Liverpool - 20:00 Monday Night

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 7K

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
So after a boring weekend of football, the game we've all been waiting for is coming up!!!

Barclays Premier League
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Monday, 9 May Kick-off: 2000 BST
Coverage: Watch live on Sky Sports 1; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Radio Merseyside; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

Team News

Fulham winger Damien Duff has been ruled out for six weeks after undergoing Achilles surgery and will miss the rest of the season.

But top scorer Clint Dempsey is expected to return from a hamstring strain, while defender Brede Hangeland is available after illness.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has reported no fresh injury concerns.

Jamie Carragher will make his 666th Liverpool appearance, putting him second in the club's all-time list.

Fulham
Doubtful: Dempsey (hamstring)
Injured: Duff (Achilles), Gera (ankle), Halliche (unspecified)

Liverpool
Doubtful: Aurelio (hamstring), Jovanovic (knee)
Injured: Agger (knee), Kelly (hamstring), Gerrard (groin)

Notable match facts

Liverpool's most recent trip to Craven Cottage ended in a 3-1 loss in October 2009. However, that is the Reds' only defeat in the last seven meetings between the sides.

Fulham have failed to score in six of their last seven meetings with Liverpool.

Fulham have won six of their last seven at Craven Cottage, drawing the other.

During this run of seven games, only Blackburn have managed to breach the Cottagers' defence.

Only Chelsea (35 points) have taken more points than Liverpool (30) since Kenny Dalglish was appointed manager of the Reds.

Dirk Kuyt has scored eight goals in the club's last seven league matches.

Match officials
Referee: Lee Mason
Assistant referees: Stephen Child & Simon Long
Fourth official: Kevin Friend

Last edited:
Oooh. Looks like this could actually be a good game, might have a look.

Reckon 2-2.

Come on Fulham!

Normally a fairly formidable force at home so expecting Liverpool to drop a point at least

1-1

Etuhu and Suarez.

May as well post a line up. Won't post Liverpool one as I wouldn't know (forgive my ignorance).

Schwarzer
Baird - Hughes - Hangeland - Salcido
Davies - Sidwell - Murphy - Dempsey
Gudjohnsen
Zamora

If Gudjohnsen doesn't play, Dembele will.

May as well post a line up. Won't post Liverpool one as I wouldn't know (forgive my ignorance).

Schwarzer
Baird - Hughes - Hangeland - Salcido
Davies - Sidwell - Murphy - Dempsey
Gudjohnsen
Zamora

If Gudjohnsen doesn't play, Dembele will.

S'all good, I'd assume it'd be like.
Reina
Aurelio Carragher Skrtel Johnson
Maxi Spearing Lucas Merieles
Suarez Kuyt
Carroll I think's still recovering, if he is fit, then drop Spearing, put Raul there and Kuyt on the right.

Why would Aurelio play at right back and johnson at left back? xD
I think Aurelio is still Injured anyway, so i think Flano will start.

I'd like to see:

Reina
Johnson - Carra - Skrtel - Aurelio
Spearing - Lucas
Kuyt - Meireles - Maxi
Suarez​

Use Suarez's pace to get in behind Hangeland and Hughes, and an on-form Maxi could rip Chris Baird apart.

Thinking Fulham 1-2 Liverpool.

Dempsey/Suarez, Skrtel.

Last edited:
Another 3-0 win with goals from Bobby, Good Johnson and Dempsey.

Or 1-1. But I'd prefer the above.

Fulham Liverpool At Craven Cottage...I'm seeing 10 behind the ball in my near future of Sky Sports viewership. Will not be a heavy win for L Pool at the Cottage with the setup of Fulham can see it being 1-0 to either team, 1-0, 0-0 or 1-1, will be surprised if its entertaining in even the slightest.
Needless to say I will probably opt out of viewing this MNF and build my hopes up for 2 quality sides meeting tomorrow with something to play for (Oh I went there!) ;)

And really if liverpool play 5 at the back (Which I doubt) with the wing backs, if I hear one pundit claim that he is being brave playing with THREE defenders in that formation I will genuinely throw myself of a canal bridge with a concrete statue of sanity around my neck. I'm worried about the possibility of Sky signing up that moron that is Robbie Savage for this game to be honest, if its Fowler I'll switch off, if its Allardyce I will switch off (What the **** does he do to his voice he sounds like hes having a stroke when he tries to talk 'smart').

Rant over, Liverpool Fulham fans good luck and enjoy your two teams BPL encounter this evening!

That felt good typing that off my chest

Back