jay11118

Reaction score
dunno if im a minority but i do watch 90 minute games,in fm13 it keeps crashing mid match,comes on screen "no signal" message????,have to reboot computer,but happens time and time again,dont understand it,can anyone help????

No signal means your system isn't connected to the monitor, it's not an FM problem.

Does a crash dump message pop up beforehand?

no,i know what you are saying about system not connected,but when i reboot its all back to normal,and does not do it with other games,very strange

no,i know what you are saying about system not connected,but when i reboot its all back to normal,and does not do it with other games,very strange

The only thing i can think of is overheating (due to playing a full game, can be strenuous on even a good processor) causes a wire somewhere to stop working/disconnect. Reboot allows time to cool and fix problem.

oh no,love my 90 minute games........it is a reasonable machine i have

DO you notice the fan working overtime when you play the 90 minute games?

Might be worth getting a temperature monitoring program to look for any spikes in heat before the screen cuts out.

Failing that, open it up and have a look for loose wires or any pushed into areas that look like they will suffer a lot of heat.

i dont notice that no,ive always played 90 minute games in other versions (sad but true) and is never happened before,gutted i am,i have a dual cre proccceser

Dual Core is pretty low powered. But saying that, system requirements from FM12 to FM13 haven't changed dramatically, so it shouldn't matter.

You using a laptop i presume? Have you tried cable output to another monitor or even your tv via HDMI or vga connections? If these works then it's a dodgy connection in the wiring between your screen and system, easily fixed.

no its a desk pc,im not clued up on computers at all,i will try what you said if i can,so maybe its the monitor????,sorry to sound thick,but when it comes to computers i am....

no its a desk pc,im not clued up on computers at all,i will try what you said if i can,so maybe its the monitor????,sorry to sound thick,but when it comes to computers i am....

Hmm, as it's a desktop it is less likely to be solved by changing the monitor. I suspect a dodgy wire/connector in the tower somewhere that's causing the signal to cut out.

seems to be only on fm13,i only have playable English leagues down to blue square north and south,but have every European league to view?...never had that in games before,do you think that could be affecting it?....on the option screens it said my pc would cope 4 stars out of 5????

It's not the system that a problem as you say. But if there is a dodgy connection somewhere, changes in heat or air movement from the fans etc can cause it to become dislodged.

It's a hardware problem imo. But if you want to go back and check FM12, try playing that again and try your best to replicate the problem.

If it turns out just to be isolated to FM13 then remember this is only a BETA, ie its very buggy code, the full release will hopefully be better.

Hi jay,

Do you know how to export the event viewer logs on your machine? Seems to me that you may have a graphics card issue - anyway if you can get the event logs I may be able to have a look :)