Not really had that problem. My right back is averaging 7.49 and my left back 7.13.

Nope, haven't had the problem either. What roles are you playing them?

Complete opposite. Mine look like they're doing nothing all game but end up with mid 7s.

In FM15 the fb/wbs are the most important roles I find.

I havent had what you re having but you re not giving us any real info ...

both my fullbacks have 8.00+ average rating so I've never experienced this

I have suffered this problem as well and it seems to happen more when the full backs have more defensive roles. I currently play with a WB(a) on the left hand side and a FB(s) on the right and the difference in ratings is astounding. The average ratings rely too much on goals and assists so full backs that dont get forward and therefore dont provide many goals or assists really struggle with average ratings. It is the same reason why many people see their defensive midfielder get a lower rating compared to the rest of the team and the goalkeeper also.

What I do is judge them at a different standard. So when managing a top side I expect my striker or attacking midfielder to finish the season with an average rating above 7.5 but I am always happy when my full backs get an average rating above 7.1. I think if you look at it like that then instead of comparing a LB to a ST you can compare how well your LB is doing to other LB's.

I have suffered this problem as well and it seems to happen more when the full backs have more defensive roles. I currently play with a WB(a) on the left hand side and a FB(s) on the right and the difference in ratings is astounding. The average ratings rely too much on goals and assists so full backs that dont get forward and therefore dont provide many goals or assists really struggle with average ratings. It is the same reason why many people see their defensive midfielder get a lower rating compared to the rest of the team and the goalkeeper also.

What I do is judge them at a different standard. So when managing a top side I expect my striker or attacking midfielder to finish the season with an average rating above 7.5 but I am always happy when my full backs get an average rating above 7.1. I think if you look at it like that then instead of comparing a LB to a ST you can compare how well your LB is doing to other LB's.

Thanks I will give this a go and try them with a bit more advanced role as I've had them on defend.