danspurs81

Reaction score
I have been promoted from the championship to EPL with QPR. Have had it tough with being in administration and could only buy older cheap players... defoe and dawson. i have a squad of 16 players nad no money or wage budget to get others in!

i now need to make the best out of what i have. my formation is 4-2-3-1 but i am unsure of the best tactic to use with my full bks....... attacking/wingback/defensive? i need to score more an dnot conceed as many... im currently bottom of prem after 8 games!

HELP PLS!

Keep it simple. Play them as Full Back on Automatic with no player instructions. Can make adjustments with them at the same time as the rest of your team as you issue new team instructions or change your mentality.

If your left backs are fast (at least 16 acceleration, 15 pace, and 12 positioning) you can set them as Full Back or Wing Back with duty "support" or "automatic". If they are slow keep them as Full Back with "defend" duty. If they are really slow, then you need set as Limited Full Back, the idea is to keep them back to not have surprises with fast counter-attack of your opponent.

If you have them set to supporting roles and your DC's are slow, I would set the team tactic to drop the Defensive line back, that way they will cover for your wingers when they are attacking

I set them support: more pressing, thigt marking, go forward whenever is possibile, and sometimes cross more (good with defense 4 and if you have winger that cut inside, remove it if they have good mental and passing abilities to keep more possesion and looking for other solution)

Trust me :D

I use Wing-backs on a support duty, with them set to 'Cross More Often', 'Stay Wider', and 'Run Wide with Ball'. I then also vary the other instructions depending on my tactics and the opposition. For example, I currently have them both set to 'Pass it Shorter' as I am playing a patient, possession game.

there is currently an issue with the fullbacks and wingbacks and how they engage with attackers, it is advised that you do NOT have them tight mark, and they seem to work normal...

I've been playing with this and it has worked well.

Hope it helps.