alexnorway123

Reaction score
I am in the year 2034 now in my game, I have an offensive full-back who I have been in my first team since he was 18 and he is now 35 and still going strong. But in almost 450 games for the club in all competitions he hasn't scored a single goal since a junior match when he was 16. He has a finishing stat of 9 and a long shot stat of 11. IRL he would have scored a couple of goals.

AFAIK, I have scored with my fullback once on this save, I think my backup left back scored off a free kick long ago.

To me, this is unrealistic. Have anyone else witnessed fullbacks never scoring?

Depends on the player really, I mean, playing as United Evra didn't score for 6 years (until he retired), yet Baines scores 3-4 goals a year for my Everton side.

Just sounds like your player was more like Evra :L (Or, IRL, Gary Neville)

u want a goal scoring LB, then u are free to snap Andre Santos from Arsenal at anytime. ;) the only LB i have seen with LW stats XD and score goals too :).

tbh, rarely a proper LB/RB scores goals, like regular ones i mean. the only time the full back scores is a magnificent screamer ;) (like the sanga did against Leeds XD, or even the one clichy did against leyton orient).

well anything can happen IRL, but in FM, my Fullbacks only score screamers and magnificent ones. ;)
(and some of them get nominated in the goal of the season awards )

Hey, I've had Kieran Gibbs score a fluke goal, tried to float a cross into the goal-area and it wound up in the net :D

Last time my fullbacks regularly scored(regardless of the particular player) was on FM10 when playing as Panathinaikos. I played with a narrow 4-4-2 diamond so my fullbacks had a lot of space to get forward. All my fullbacks combined got over 10 goals a season. But generally I have my fullbacks score 1 or 2 every season on FM12.

use Gareth Bale as LB and he will score goals for sure. Abidal has also scored just one goal for Barcelona.

Michel Bastos. I remember playing him in one of my saves as a WB on the left and he scored something like 10 goals in a season.

In real life fullbacks mainly score from free kicks or long shots.

If you want to encourage your fullback to score more, play them as wingbacks with attacking mentality and run from deep often.

this is so **** true.. I have currently played FM 12 with atleast 4 teams and have played around 20 seasons in total..in that 20 seasons I've hada fullback scoring only once from open play that was when Left back tried to cross but lucky for him it fell into the far corner of the goal instead.. other than that all the other goals (abt 15-20) from my left backs have been only setpieces..

u want a goal scoring LB, then u are free to snap Andre Santos from Arsenal at anytime. ;) the only LB i have seen with LW stats XD and score goals too :).

tbh, rarely a proper LB/RB scores goals, like regular ones i mean. the only time the full back scores is a magnificent screamer ;) (like the sanga did against Leeds XD, or even the one clichy did against leyton orient).

well anything can happen IRL, but in FM, my Fullbacks only score screamers and magnificent ones. ;)
(and some of them get nominated in the goal of the season awards )

Alvaro Pereira also has got LW stats so he might be also a good option