Lynbrook1

Reaction score
My game with Wolves repeatedly tells me that I do not have enough funds to complete a signing. All of these signings are with players that have a long term fee (over 48 months) with nothing upfront.Am I doing something wrong?EG: Danny Welbeck from Man UTD

You still need to have the funds in your budget for spending (transfer budget needs to match the overal fee)

eg. 5m over 48months = you need to have 5m transfer budget in order to complete the transfer

It's set in place so you cant effectively bankrupt the club!!! even though you are arranging to pay over a longer period of time...

Cheers. Dodgy for wolves with plenty of money to burn and having a surplus every month.A question then is what is the point of extending it over time?

ways to aviod this dilemma is to for example. your signing....

Welbeck and Heskey(lol), you only have a budget of 12million...

You plan have a bid accepted for Heskey of 5m all upfront, but you could still bid all of your budget on welbeck (12m) but put it over 12 months, as long as you complete this transfer ahead of Heskey's you will have the funds in place to complete the transfer...as the only amount that will be taken out of the budget is the first installment!!

then you would have 11m in your budget leaving plenty to sign Heskey aswell... that's the only way around it that i have found...

ways to aviod this dilemma is to for example. your signing....Welbeck and Heskey(lol), you only have a budget of 12million...You plan have a bid accepted for Heskey of 5m all upfront, but you could still bid all of your budget on welbeck (12m) but put it over 12 months, as long as you complete this transfer ahead of Heskey's you will have the funds in place to complete the transfer...as the only amount that will be taken out of the budget is the first installment!!then you would have 11m in your budget leaving plenty to sign Heskey aswell... that's the only way around it that i have found...
Cheers, good for future transfers. Appreciate it.

I will think about using it but for now my 4 defenders, 1 DM, two WMs, 2 CAMs and a lone striker has suddenly got me scoring goals (3-0, 3-0, 4-0 in the three games since i started using it, mind you i am sitting at 9-12th so i havent got a world beating team) where a basic 4-4-2 and a 4-3-1-2 struggled to score at all. But will try it when I start a new save.

Last edited:
lol at hesky example. but yeah i think kino4city explained it well