Funnest team to manage??

25-ZoLa-25

Reaction score
Hi at the moment i am getting bored of the teams i manage on Fm10 so i was wandering what team do you think is the Funnest and most interesting team to manage on Fm10?? ;)

I think most will agree that winning everything all the time (Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea etc.) is no fun at all. My best FM10 experience is my current story with Espanyol - full of surprises, random funny scorelines (5-5, 6-4 etc) and building a team from mid-table to table-toppers in just 3 seasons.

Also, my downloaded database FM-Base Athletic playing as them is fun as it's full of the members on this site, see who can outperform others ;)

Newcastle and Leeds is always funny to manage so fun when you take them to PL :D
I also think mid-table prem league teams like Sunderland, Fulham and Tottenham.

Thanks i will try some of them teams, mike dale your espanyol game sounded interesting so i might try them :)

bilbao, interesting as you can only sign players of basque origin, which is something totally different and menas you ahve to rely on your academy a lot more.

its just something really differnt and ive always given them a crack on every version of fm so far

Charlton definitely - Decent challenge to get to Premiership. Easy enough promotion first year then if you have made the right decisions you can finish mid table - playoffs next season in championship with promotion 3rd or 4th year. 5th year premiership survival - 6th year - mid table. 7th year - top half 8th year - europa 9th year - champions league 10th year - victory?

Seriously good fun all round.

If you want to make a story don't be Notts County, there boring!!

Tenerife is always a good laugh for me, much more fun last year when the were in the Liga Adelante but still fun to try and keep them up. Another good team is Cadiz, in Spain's Segunda B4, had fun with them until I took another job. Final one would be a Journeyman game, just the constant change in jobs is always nice

Thanks to everyone who has posted it will help me and others so everyone please keep posting your past experiances of the funnest team to manage on Fm10 :)

In goal: Peter Kay
Right back: Chris Rock
Left Back: Jason Manford
2 Centre backs: Billy Connolly and Frankie Boyle
2 Centre mids: Russell Howard and Richard Pryor
Right Wing: Ricky Gervais
Left Wing: Harry Hill
2 Strikers: Michael Mcintyre and Lee Mack

Easily the funniest team ever.

what about FM Base Athletic or Guildford City

Has to be Newcastle for me. Mainly because I support them. :)

In goal: Peter Kay
Right back: Chris Rock
Left Back: Jason Manford
2 Centre backs: Billy Connolly and Frankie Boyle
2 Centre mids: Russell Howard and Richard Pryor
Right Wing: Ricky Gervais
Left Wing: Harry Hill
2 Strikers: Michael Mcintyre and Lee Mack

Easily the funniest team ever.

i reckon gervais will struggle to last 90 minutes

Toulouse FC: Very young squad full of talents, just below France's top 3, and they play in the Euro League. Had a lot of fun managing them.

Udinese: Also a very young squad (youngest in the Serie A), only they're in a stronger league than Toulouse FC. They also have some really good talents like Zapata and Asamoah. If you buy some good additions to your squad, you're going to have a fun game. I ended up 2nd in the Serie A in the first season.

Udinese's a shout.

I've liked playing Tottenham, difficult to break into the top 4