Furious! Enraged!... Ultimately.. Dissappointed

matranti

Premium
Reaction score
Having played FM since the days of CM and CM Italia, I consider myself somewhat of a veteran, to the game at least.

I have won cups galore, battled relegation and managed national teams.

I've signed the greatest players in the world, the biggest flops and best bargains.

I've destroyed teams with tactics and been ripped to pieces through poor decisions.

I've lost endless nights playing till the early hours and spent weeks away from it after corrupt save game files.

However, in all these years of trials and tribulations of the game that everyone loves when it's at its best and everyone curses when it's not, this has to be the poorest version so far.

I'm not talking about the actual 'match' play and game 'engine' both are superb when they work, which is ultimately the problem.

I've had this game since release date and i have lost complete interest in it. It crashes without warning, save game files become corrupt for fun, parsing errors are never welcome but still turn up for no reason and the AI isn't anywhere near artificial, more detrimental in all honesty.

I am shocked that SI are able to release a game with so many flaws from software to gameplay for upwards of £25.

I've started and lost 4 saves now, all with different teams and for different reasons on different screens.

What type of game needs an update on its day of release?! Why should I, the paying customer wait until the third patch for most of the bugs to be ironed out?!

Now i am aware that there are several posts ranging from crash dumps to transfer bugs and feel free to move or delete this if it is out of turn, however I also reckon I am not the only one feeling this way right now and it is completely unacceptable and SI have lost a considerable amount of credibility in my eyes.

GET IT TOGETHER SI, IT'S NOT RIGHT!

Sorry for you my friend...but I think that you just have bad luck, I have a week with the game and still don't have any crash dumps.

I've not had a Crash dump and this was something I was getting frequently with the demo and last year's version.

It is by far the most buggy FM release in years, though. You only have to take a look in this thread to see the more harmless errors.

1. Remember FM10? Now that was bad at release. FM11 is nothing compared to it. I am surprised how quickly people forget.
2. So far in FM11 I have not experienced a single crash and have never, in any game, experinaced a corrupt save. Ar you sure your HD isn't dying?
3. It is common practice for a game to have a release day patch. I'm not sure what you are on about there.
4. The only thing I agree with you on is the transfer bug. How something as bad as that got into the release version is beyond me.

Also, get rid of the large bold text. It doesn't do anything for your argument and is just annoying.

Last edited: