CassiusPR

Reaction score
I started a "New Save" with Aston Villa and I am playing a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 and my main problem now is having to play
Agbonlahor AML since Nzogbia broke hig leg in the 5th game of the season..

I have played Agbonlahor (W) & (IF) but i have not got much from him as of yet ; It is coming up the Jan Trans window and I am wondering to i have to buy a winger of is there anything i can do to get the best out of Gabby in this position.. having lack of funds i will have to sell to buy and i dont want to do this untill next season..

Is it better to get rid of Agbonlahor!?! or has he contributed anything in other peoples games.

Cheers! (H)

Agbonlahor is not a LW naturally, thats why youre not getting the best out of him. Why would you sell him :/ just play him up front

Agbonlahor is not a LW naturally, thats why youre not getting the best out of him. Why would you sell him :/ just play him up front

Since N'Zogbia is inj & out for bacically the season. I dont have any player who can play naturally in a AML postiton.. Gabby is the closest i have to fill in plus bent is a goal machine.. I have tried changing formation to play with Gabby up front with Bent but losing out without Albrighton on the right in the team playing without anyone on the flanks i lose out big time on chances created .. First 5 games i used up off the bench to good effect.. Villa's squad is quite thin and gabby might be only player to sell in order to buy so i can get decent money.. I dont want to sell him my main question was is there a way to get a little more out of him untill transfer funds available or untill N'Zogbia comes back..

In the words of Mike Bassett....'4-4 f'in 2!'. Buy a left winger and have Gabby as targetman with supply set to run onto ball.

This may be a stupid question but i assume you're also training Gabby to AML as well? If you're going to have to use him as AML i'd suggest inside forward attack and train him in the cuts inside PPM and focus his training on dribbling

In the words of Mike Bassett....'4-4 f'in 2!'. Buy a left winger and have Gabby as targetman with supply set to run onto ball.

This may be a stupid question but i assume you're also training Gabby to AML as well? If you're going to have to use him as AML i'd suggest inside forward attack and train him in the cuts inside PPM and focus his training on dribbling

"Ron Benson, Plymouth Argyle? Tony Hedges, York City?http://www.fm-base.co.uk/name/nm0192805/ " - What a film haha..

Still cant play 4 - 4 - 2 nobody to play LM lol

Ye i have him training as AML will take the advice on Dribbling.. Nice one..

Will probaly just have to take a punt on the loan market and see whats around and play 4 - 4 - 2..

Cheers (H)

"Ron Benson, Plymouth Argyle? Tony Hedges, York City? " - What a film haha..

Still cant play 4 - 4 - 2 nobody to play LM lol

Ye i have him training as AML will take the advice on Dribbling.. Nice one..

Will probaly just have to take a punt on the loan market and see whats around and play 4 - 4 - 2..

Cheers (H)

You could always fetch Kevin "Tonka" Tonkinson from the local pub.

Agbonlahor IF(attack) on the left wings.
His stats are poor, but a good IF.

40+ stats in the second season and 20+ goals 20+ assists

try playing him as an inside forward with him cutting in. what i do with my 2 inside forwards is having them cutting inside but also swapping positions with each other throughout the game and it works well.

If your really stuck im sure barry bannan can also play AML

I agree, Bannan can play LM and maybe AML, Delph might be able to aswell. You could look to loan a winger?