Potg23

Reaction score
New to the forums. I've been reading a few of your great stories and decided I want to do one of my own. I had a great career on 2014 and I'd love to be able to have a similarly good career game but also document it here as a story. An audience always makes it seem more worthwhile. In that particular career I won trophies all over the world as well as winning champs leagues with Ross county, Newport county and stoke amongst others and many international comops. All in one save. I think something half as entertaining would make a great story on here.

Which premier league side would you guys like to see me start at?

Last edited:
I will be loading 4/5 countries leagues and chopping and changing them depending on the direction of my career.
I will update roughly every night with short match reports and other news.
I intend on this being very interactive and will be seeking my ideas and advice from all other members. I will also need advice on graphics and how to improve how my game looks as I'm no expert on that

Heinze get WBA job

View attachment 159508

Former Manchester United and Argentina defender Gabriel Heinze has joined West Bromwich Albion as manager!

I have decided to take over West Brom. My initial target is to avoid relegation and I hope to achieve this by utilising experienced players in the squad such as Evans and Fletcher and improving the exciting prospects such as Berahino. Here is my initial thoughts on my strongest 11 right now using my preferred and rarely used these days, 4-4-2 formation. I may need to develop some players to adapt to the roles I prefer to deploy.

Quiet Preseason

Going to give just a brief overview of the goings on over pre-season as there wasn't enough to warrant print screens and articles!

First thing to mention is that I have started with 4 playable nations. England, Spain, China and Brazil. I wanted a mixture of continents available to keep it interesting and I really wanted to see how the Chinese league looks with the big name signings. I have sent a scout to China to scout the league and see if I can find any gems.

Coaches
I have hired Glenn Hoddle as director of football to help with hiring/firing non coaching staff, some of the contract negotiation and other small tasks.
I then asked for extra coaches and the board allowed it. This let me hire several experienced coaches to increase the ability of my squad. The key coach signing where:-
Paul clement (assistant manager) - former Derby manager and assistant under Jose mourinho
Ray Wilkins - Chelsea legend and former assistant manager at chelsea, Aston villa and Fulham to name a few
Kit Symons - recently managed Fulham and played over 100 games for Manchester city
Chris Ramsey - renowned for his ability to train young players and recently managed Qpr in the premier league.

TRANSFERS
As of the first game against Crystal Palace I have neither signed or sold any players. The only activity so far is to bring back Lindegaard from his loan as Foster is injured long term and to place Anichebe on the transfer list. I have listed Victor as I feel I have much better option in Rondon, Berahino and Lambert as well as 3 really exciting prospects up top (who I will do a piece about shortly)
I did receive several approaches for Berahino however none where near the 40 million mark I would like for him. I don't feel I really need the injection of cash yet so I will keep him till that value is close to being met. I did however accept our bid of 25 million plus Loic Remy for him but was unable to reach the wage demands of Remy.
I don't have any funds to sign anyone at the moment and none of the free transfers really interest me at the moment.

FRIENDLIES
I allowed Clement to take control of our friendly games and we won 6 out of 6 against some pretty average sides. Berahino was the pick of the players as expected with double figures in goals over a pre-season which included two 6-0 thumpings!

One main injury in the build up to the first game is my vice captain and best defender Jonny Evans. Thoroughly disappointing and means I will have to partner Olssen with either McCauley or Chester.

1st PL game - Crystal Palace (a)

So it was time for my first league game in charge and a tough start away to Crystal Palace. I decided to stick with my usual 4-4-2 formation with Fletcher playing as a box to box midfielder and Yacob as the deep lying playmaker. Neither of these are in their preferred role but unlike most managers I like to fit players into my favourite tactics which often means training players in an unfamiliar role. This is something that will become more obvious further down the line.
I decided that James Chester would replace the injured Jonny Evans at CB.

The game started off brilliantly for my new side. We dominated possession and just before the 20 minute mark Saido Berahino smashed the ball in from close range following a dangerous cross from winger Chris Brunt.
The baggies continued to dominate and went into half time without Palace having a shot on target.
Eight minutes into the 2nd half that all changed. A rash challenge from stand in CB James Chester brought about a 2nd yellow card and West Brom where down to 10 men. I decided to bring on Gardner for Beharino (Who had taken a slight knock) and put him at RB, moving Dawson into the centre to cover the gap left by Chester. This left us as 4-4-1 with Rondon the sole attacker.
It was all Palace from then on and West Brom had the recently recalled Lindegaard to thanks for maintaining the slim lead. I then brought on young 16 year old prospect Tyler Roberts(who will feature in my next post) to replace Rondon as I felt the fresh legs and pace would help us break away. Then miraculously West Brom broke following another Palace attack and Gardner found the perfect cross for Brunt who had run the length of the pitch to tap in at the far post in the 80th minute.
That seemed to halt the Palace onslaught and the Baggies go home with a vital 3 points from their first game of the season.
POM - Chris Brunt

Last edited:
Attacking Prospects

I was pleasantly surprised at the wealth of young talent available at the club especially in attacking positions. These are the three I will be mostly keeping tabs on and hopefully giving a little bit of game time to when possible. Tyler Roberts has already made a substitute appearance in my first league game and led the line well for the 20 minutes he was on the pitch. He was a great outball when my 10 man team where being pinned back and used his pace well to get the ball into the opposition half.

View attachment 159379View attachment 159378

View attachment 159377 View attachment 159376

View attachment 159375 View attachment 159374

Last edited:
PL game 2 - Newcastle (a)

So on the back of a great victory at Palace, my team where on the road again, this time off to Geordie land to take on Newcastle United. Jonny Evans is still out injured and his previous replacement Chester is suspended following his almost costly sending off. Therefore McCauley gets a start. I now see the that there may be a lack of depth in the CB region and I have decided to start looking around for potential suitors.
Otherwise the team remains the same.

The first half was very end to end with both sides having chances at goal however the tie remained goalless at the break.
We had to wait past the hour mark for a breakthrough and it came for the baggies from a familiar source. Saido Berahino made it two goals in two games!
Callum Mcmanaman and Tyler Roberts made substitute appearances and West Brom looked comfortable. But then in stoppage time former Sunderland player Jack Colback knocked a hopeful freekick into the danger area and De Jong popped up from nowhere at the back post to squeeze in a dramatic equaliser.

I was very disappointed to have given away two points in such fashion, however Ive got to be happy with 4 points from two away games and two decent performances.
POM Mbemba

PL game 3 - Liverpool (h)

View attachment 159289 View attachment 159288

My 3rd game saw us play our first game at the hawthorns and a chance to show our own fans what we have produced in the first two games....but it wasn't to be.
A fine hat trick from the Belgian hitman Christian Benteke helped Liverpool to a 4-1 victory. However this did flatter the anfield men as my side matched them in all departments but could not be as clinical as the reds.
Missing Berahino due to a hamstring injury before the game didn't help and with the team still missing Evans we are down our two best players. I made a bold call and possibly the wrong one by starting young Tyler Roberts in place of Berahino for his first start.
Substitute Rickie Lambert with his first appearance for the club did pull one back to make it 3-1 at the time and stake him claim for a start in the next premier league fixture. Young Tahvon Campbell also got a run out in place of Rondon later in the game.

TRANSFERS

I have got past the deadline day and still have match updates to add but I thought I would update my transfers NOW. Some will be from before the next match reports and some after.

Firstly outgoing I have sold:-
James Morrison - 9.25 million
Craig Dawson - 2 million
Gamboa - £500,000

I feel the offer for James Morrison form Sevilla was too good to turn down as he was not a first choice midfielder in my current set up and I wanted funds for defenders. I have let the other two go for very cheap but it was the best I could get and I wanted them off my books as I have brought in a few defenders with the Morrison cash.

Transfers in:

View attachment 1043659

Tiago Llori - Liverpool (loan - 7.5mil to make permanent)
My first defensive signing was to bring in liverpools Tiago Llori on loan with a clause to sign permanently at any time for 7.5million. This guys stats and potential ablity look top drawer for a club of our size. I wanted to try him on loan first as we have not yet seen how he can cope at this level.

View attachment 1043660
Eder Alvarez Balanta - River 4.7mil (could rise to 5.5mil)
Another CB with huge potential for a small fee. This transfer leaves me with Evans, Tiago Llori, Balanta and Olssen as CB options. I feel I can leave this area for a good while now.

View attachment 1043661
Dimitri Foulquier - Granada 3.7mil
I felt I was really short of quality at RB so wanted a relatively young full back with pace and great potential and I think Ive found him. He can also cover at LB which will come in handy.

View attachment 1043662View attachment 159033
James Bree - Barnsley 900k
I felt I still needed cover at RB and in Bree I think ive found that plus a potential England full back of the future.

Last edited:
last thread

that was my last thread. I just cant keep going with all the technical issues im having uploading pictures etc. I don't know if its my computer or what? not spending enough time playing because of it. Gonna plough on with the save though!