z3snap

Reaction score
I am in my second season with Leeds and had a bid of 7.5M accepted for Obertan.
The dilemma is I have Snodgrass who is amazing on the wing as in inside forward.

How good has Obertan been for you Man U managers?

I can increase the wage budget to sign Obertan and keep Snodgrass but I also have:

Douglas Costa (14M) so ill be in a bit of debt unless i do well this season
Victor Moses
Henri Lansbury
Henri Camara

So I would want to sell Snodgrass for 5M to Newcastle to fund my transfer for Necip Uysal(young CM)

Snodgrass:

Obertan:

Uysal:

Last edited:
try getting obertan on a loan to see if he would be a flop or would suceed.
By the way, isn't necip free?

I have him on my Bradford game and he did pretty well in the Championship but i got him on loan instead of signing him because he cannot cut it in the premier league, 7.5 million is alot of him but with his age you could still make a profit on him after a few seasons if you give him games.

I think at 7.5 million you could do alot better than Obertan though, Costa was a great signing he dominated the Championship on my game and is amazing in the premier league but i only payed 3.5 million for him, I would look around for other players before i signed Obertan because he really isnt that good.

How did you get so much for Leeds second season?
1st season ask the board for more money and they gave me an additional 7M
2nd season i started with 7.5M based on my ambitions

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

I have him on my Bradford game and he did pretty well in the Championship but i got him on loan instead of signing him because he cannot cut it in the premier league, 7.5 million is alot of him but with his age you could still make a profit on him after a few seasons if you give him games.

I think at 7.5 million you could do alot better than Obertan though, Costa was a great signing he dominated the Championship on my game and is amazing in the premier league but i only payed 3.5 million for him, I would look around for other players before i signed Obertan because he really isnt that good.

o_O How did you manage to get Costa that cheap? Thats amazing 4 games in and Costa is **** for me.. maybe from the pressure of such a large transfer...

I have been looking, 1 week away from the deadline and I just cant find anyone, almost got L. Acosta from Seville for 8.5M as he was Transfer listed but he moved to some bigger club.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

try getting obertan on a loan to see if he would be a flop or would suceed.
By the way, isn't necip free?

No Necip isnt free never heard of him till i found him couple hours ago... is he any good?

he is on one of my potentials shortlist although I never bought him although I offered him a contract(as I said he was free) but he eventually chose olympique lyon

Costa was at Manchester City rotting in the reserves after sending him out on loan the season before i was linked with him, Made the offer and he joined up, Check my story and you will see how well he has performed you just need to get his role and position right and he will score for fun.I'm really cheap when it comes to signings so i rarely spend big unless its a player i know will deliver for a few seasons.

Any chance you can post a screenshot of your current lineup because Leeds have a really strong team and i took them to back to back promotions before starting my City game without really adding that much.

I really rate Snodgrass and would have kept him over Obertan if i was you, Hes a much better all rounder, Necip does look promising but i would wait until you hit the premiership you will be suprised who you can pick up for cheap, I managed to get Fleck for 3 million and Wilshere for 1.8 million both are head and shoulders above Necip.

Costa was at Manchester City rotting in the reserves after sending him out on loan the season before i was linked with him, Made the offer and he joined up, Check my story and you will see how well he has performed you just need to get his role and position right and he will score for fun.I'm really cheap when it comes to signings so i rarely spend big unless its a player i know will deliver for a few seasons.

Any chance you can post a screenshot of your current lineup because Leeds have a really strong team and i took them to back to back promotions before starting my City game without really adding that much.

I really rate Snodgrass and would have kept him over Obertan if i was you, Hes a much better all rounder, Necip does look promising but i would wait until you hit the premiership you will be suprised who you can pick up for cheap, I managed to get Fleck for 3 million and Wilshere for 1.8 million both are head and shoulders above Necip.

Nice I'll check out your story... I'm usually a cheap manager too I'm actually really regretting the Costa deal but I'll stick with him... have no choice really haha. My goal was to win double promotion by win a Cup but that was to difficult lost to Liverpool 3-2. My CB Shilla scored both he was amazing and free.

I sold him for 9M to Hull the next day we had a friendly versus them and he scored the winning goal and Man of the Match...

Current team:

1st Season Transfers:

2nd Season Transfers:

AND Thanks everyone for the advice i decided to sell Snodgrass, BUT Sevilla is having a fire sell so I am trying to get Tom de Mul for 1.8M and Gerardo Torrado is being Tranferlisted at 0...

You have a **** of alot of players there and with the right tactics could make it to the premiership, I wouldnt sign anyone else unless they're young, You really dont need to add to your team.Your team will need to gel so adding too many could cost you unless you have them all in while preseason is still going so you can use that time to gel them.

You could have a very strong team and still lose if they take too long to gel and with a whole new side it takes some time to gel them, I did the same thing with Bradford and without preseason i would have been screwed.My last season i only made 2 signings at the start of the season and 2 in January who were first teamers and my team has been flying because alot of them have been playing together for a season and some have been there awhile longer so no gelling issues.

Stick with Costa, Get him in the AMC and give him the advanced playmaker role so he gets more of the ball, Long shots to often and he will bang them in for you, Ofcourse i use a different formation to you where my attacking midfielders are my main attacking options but he should still shine, You can play him AML too and he performs just as well thats where he is for me now and is scoring and assisting for fun, Although hes a inside forward when playing outwide.

Thanks for the advice im reading your story right now, great read btw.
I thought about switching my formation but all my other young wingers are thriving especially Lansbury. Do you have Costa as an Advanced Playmaker on the left too?

Right now we are flying high but with the selling of Snodgrass I hope our confidence is still high... I should of read your story before I sold him, haha. If we hit a patch of poor form we could slide. But I'm sure I have enough talent for the Championship, like I mentioned I would like to win the FA Cup though.

Vossen is a converted midfield and he is doing well as of now but I really feel I should buy one strong midfielder and be done for the year as Edgar Davids is losing quite a bit in the Strength and Stamina department.

personally i think obertans stats look like ****, but do whatever, i say keep snodgrass

When i play Costa on the left hes not my playmaker, I always use my AMC as my playmaker i never use a wideman because you dont want the ball going go the same wing all the time because clubs will pick up on it and that player wont get as much time on the ball.I used my AMC because it pulls the CB's away to close him down due to his long shots leaving my poacher alot of space at the back and Costa and Etuhu free to join in from the flanks.

Hard to tell how it would work for you as you have 2 strikers whereas i have the AMC hanging around outside the box making space for my loan striker so it works alittle different, You probably cross the ball alot whereas i never cross rarely, Costa fits into the way i play but i'm sure he can play AML without being a inside forward just as well.

keep snodgrass he is used to our tactics obertan could be an expensive flop