Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam1985

Reaction score
Just finished my first season with Liverpool, finished 3rd, Carlos Tevez on the way, just been appointed as Great Britain Olympic team manager so all is good.

Until i went to load the game up and got the message 'game could not be loaded'.

Gutted, it doesnt give a reason why. Can someone help, or have i lost my save forever?

Edit: the message said "save game could not be loaded"

Last edited:
mines the same mate its rediculous, i hate steam, how on earth can u buy a game and install it and get that message ! its my game !!
its even more annoying i have work soon !

I cant even load the demo steam unavailable.....I bough fm2010 via steam was a complete nightmare, Then bought 2011 - not an issue ( bought via digital download amazon) was about to purchase full version of the game but I think Ill save the headaches and keep playing 2011...

WHAT A JOKE STEAM IS

i wasnt going to buy the game because of steam, i did and it takes the **** that i cant play a game i have gone to tesco and payed for because they are doing an update.

Please FM dont use this **** again!

Although im not a fan of steam at the minute, I dont want to jump to conlusions and blame it for this.

I just wondered if anyone knows how I can get my save back, or if not how I can avoid this in the future?

Please help!!

It's more likely its a corrupted file than the fault of steam. Try this and see if it works:
If your on Win 7 go onto the same game file and click restore to previous version. You will find it in documents - sports interactive - football manager 2012 - games - and then your selected file. Right click it and go to restore prevous version and it will restore your game

Thanks for that ajt09!!

Ill try it when I get home from work. fingers crossed!!

Thanks for that ajt09!!

Ill try it when I get home from work. fingers crossed!!

Hope it works mate. Came across it googling the problem and it's worked for some people

Try right-clicking FM in Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Cache... (do twice if necessary) Si games tweeted me this and it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.