Crayonshin

Reaction score
downloaded a new skin. there were 2 files. on preferences in the game i unticked skin cache>ticked reload>confirm. skin wasnt color i expected so did the same process with next folder. after confirm the game froze. cntrl/alt/del to quit the game and have since got a black screen on the load screen. uninstalled and reinstalled but no joy. HELP!!! should i scrap everything all tactics saved games and un>re install??? Was on a good run 2.X|

FM 09 - Football Manager 2009 XML Parsing error problem and solution here. If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

1. Right-click on the FM shortcut.
2. Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu. In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
3. Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.
4. You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

* If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory: C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
* If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory: C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

try that see if that helps mate

update

wiped all fm related files and reinstalled. still black screen????:mad:

have u tried goin on Si website and looking on ther 4 help?