Game crashes randomly at the same match everytime!

PEEnuts

Reaction score
I've put this up on the SI forums as well, and I'm posting it up here to see if anyone can give me some advice or whether they had experienced the same problem:

Hi, can someone help as I'm now experiencing crashes with my FM 11 game. I've been playing this year's version for a long time but it was until this month that i've regularly had crashes randomly and now I am totally stuck at a match. I can't get past this particular match because it crashes randomly when i play the match whether in the 3d or classic 2d mode. The match runs smoothly at first but suddenly freezes and crashes randomly at any minute or at the tactics screen during the match, displaying the message: A serious error was encountered... forcing the game to quit. I've played the match ten times and it crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'm using the latest 11.0.3 patch through Steam. I don't use real-time editors or softwares and I am pretty sure it's got nothing to do with my computer specs or my memory either (5GB of RAM left, 4 star System 3D rating...). I use custom facepacks/logos/kits/skins, but as i've said, i've been using them for the past half year and i haven't got a problem with them all along. I've also searched through a lot of forums, tried a lot of suggestions, but I still haven't found an antidote to this problem.

I would be very willing to upload my crash dumps/files to the SI staff here to get this issue solved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try changing your save to once off instead of the rolling 3, that is what fixed mine I am certain!

try changing your save to once off instead of the rolling 3, that is what fixed mine I am certain!

that didn't work but thanks for your advice anyways.
my problem is that the game crashes in the middle of the match, i've googled it the whole day for lots of times but haven't found a simliar problem. i guess this deserves a thread just for this.

the only other explanation is that your games is now ****** permanently.... sorry mate, lets hope SI come back with an answer

your saved game may be corrupt, try starting a new game and seeing if that works fine. Do you have any earlier saved points in that save that you could load back to? If your game is corrupt then you are pretty much screwed I'm afraid. (pretty sure i mentioned corrupt saves games in my help thread btw) ;)

holiday till after the match?

Holidaying after the match ain't a problem, it's just the game crashes in the middle of the match. I'm solving the problem now and waiting for the defragment of my hard disks to finish.. Not sure if it will definitely work though, I'll just have to wait and see.

Holidaying after the match ain't a problem, it's just the game crashes in the middle of the match. I'm solving the problem now and waiting for the defragment of my hard disks to finish.. Not sure if it will definitely work though, I'll just have to wait and see.

but if you skip just that one problem match does it just crash again after?

I have the same problem when in the 3d match. Even when I restart the game, I go on holiday for that match, but after 3 or 4 matches which are ok, then it happens again!!
This never happened before the new patch came out.

monitor your temperatures maybe? Can find out how to do it in my help thread

My temps are fine, plus I run more demanding games with out any problems. This problem only started after the last patch came out!:(

My temps are fine, plus I run more demanding games with out any problems. This problem only started after the last patch came out!:(

what actually are they though (figures) while PC is idle and under load. You tried reinstalling your game Paul?

My Graphics run between 30 & 40 deg "C" plus I have a 5* rating in game

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to mention...Yes I did do a re-install. My old GT8500 graphics card cooling fan died a slow death, so I bought a ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series. The game still crashes as it did with my old card (when it worked) when playing on the 3d match engine.
This never happened with the 11.2 patch and only started with the 11.3 patch.
The only thing I have done on the edit side of the game, is to try and change my teams 3 strips in the match engine. I tried using the game editor, but it still shows the default strips (apart from the goalies strips & home socks) I even tried it FMRTE editor, but with the same results!
It does show the new strips in the tactic centre and it uses the new colour schemes in the match day top bar & lower commentary bar.

---------- Post added 14/05/2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 13/05/2011 at 11:45 PM ----------

Processor (x4) low 27c high 34c

your editting could have screwed something up possibly. Try installing with steam?

I have tried it with steam :'(
The thing is, this only started to happen after I installed the last patch!
Have they included code that stops you from adding club badges/player photos or the proper kits for teams that they could not be bothered doing when it came out

I have tried it with steam :'(
The thing is, this only started to happen after I installed the last patch!
Have they included code that stops you from adding club badges/player photos or the proper kits for teams that they could not be bothered doing when it came out
honestly dunno mate. Have you removed any changes you made?