marcopaulo37

Reaction score
recently bought a new laptop as my pc had gone west a bit...transferred my game from the pc to the laptop and bought fm through steam as i had lost my game when moving house...anyways i load the game up it's workin fine then it gets to january 6th and closes every time without warning or reason...the game wasn't on the updated patch on my computer but obviously steam updates everything so the latest patch would be on this laptop...would this cause the game to crash? also i had to use a crack on the pc(bad i know) cos i lost the disc so would that alter the game before transferring it to the laptop?

also on the pc my home page had all fixtures it could fit into the box if you know what i mean..now i only see 6 games on there and it crashes before the final listed game which is on the 7th jan...played the 5 previous since loading it up no problem

cheers for any help you can provide :)

Nope, you used a crack on the old PC from the start.

Losing the disc is irrelevant because the only way to run the game is via steam, even if you buy the disc.

Anyone who had actually bought the game would realise steam is the only install method, and would then realise that if they owned the game on steam, they could install it on as many computers as they liked using steam, without having to buy the game again.

The reason your game is crashing is because you are trying to use a save from an unpatched pirate copy on a legit version of the game, the two do not mix. The only solution is to delete that save and start again.

Here's our stance on piracy: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/announcements-please-read/84240-fm12-piracy.html

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because it appears that have actually purchased the game now.

If you haven't, don't ask for any further help getting your pirate copy working, because you will get banned.