Status
Not open for further replies.

EnzoAmata

Reaction score
I have played the same game 18 times and I always get a defeat, I'll explain the history...

I am Burnley, it's late Nov, my first year. I'm top of the league and never lost a game. I save the game and go away for the weekend and take my save with me, I load it up I can't beat Middlesbrough who are in 7th.

I beat Everton at home in the league cup 3 - 0 only a month ago. I have played the same game about 7 times with my usual tactic, nothing 3 - 1 defeats. I thought well I'll adapt it, still 3 - 1, I get a 2 - 1 if I'm lucky, I've adapted it more and still nothing.

This doesn't seem fair or logical, the game is determined to make me loose this fixture. Does anyone else know of this happening?

You can't win every match, get over it, its a game.

[cough] restarting game[cough] [cough] cheat [cough] :)

It's rigged I guess to some extent. I tested it out and kept getting Man Utd in my next FA Cup fixture. (What a coincidence) and I tested to see if the actual game was rigged and yes it was. I always lose, even when my team play amazing. Man Utd get 2 goals from 50 metres out with Nani and a midfielder who they recently brought right into the top left corner of my net, and there is nothing I can do about that. And their GK gets a rating of 9.50 since he saves all my shots.

Last edited:
you clearly have restarted every game you have played to be 1st in the league in the 1st season! so.... you clearly must have lost many games, loaded again, holidayed.. won the game.. continue to do this...

that means that the game cannot be rigged!

dont be an ***! its Football Manager, its real, you lose sometimes, especially if you are playing as Burnley mate!

I'm glad you've spent a lot of time to figure out that the game is rigged.

I think no one should burn the guy for loading and reloading, thats the way he wants to play then let him.

He was asking if there is a chance that the game pre-determines the match result even before kick off.

To answer, I think there might be chance of the game adhering to certain patterns, which could be offset by small changes in tactics during the match.

Keshs, I don't know if cup draws are pre-determined though, might just be super bad luck.

It's rigged I guess to some extent. I tested it out and kept getting Man Utd in my next FA Cup fixture. (What a coincidence) and I tested to see if the actual game was rigged and yes it was. I always lose, even when my team play amazing. Man Utd get 2 goals from 50 metres out with Nani and a midfielder who they recently brought right into the top left corner of my net, and there is nothing I can do about that. And their GK gets a rating of 9.50 since he saves all my shots.

Cup draws are not rigged mate no matter how many times you restart you'll get the same draw lol!! it's fm's way of not letting us cheat on that and realistically if you get a team you don't like you can't take it back can you! It's been the same since fm08 i think..

About getting beaten by united was it at Old Traford? They are difficult to beat there, i either draw or win by 1 goal and I use Arsenal too but at the emirates it's always a cricket scoreline! in my 1st season I won 6-0, 2nd season 5-0 3rd season 8-0 4th season 9-2 lol!! But when we travel there it's a different story no idea why, but for some reason that's the only team we struggle to beat away since I started playing.

It's not rigged perhaps it's your tactics, your team talks and your squad as well. If you still have the majority of the Arsenal default squad then i'm not surprised you lost lol! The only players you should keept are Rvp, Cesc, Nasri, Vermaelen, Clichy, Sagna,. Sell AA23 after 2 seasons he's stats drop and he's never the same!

Every year someone makes one of these threads..

The game engine is not rigged. You lose games, it's not possible to win every single game ever.

One of these thread, its a football simulation, there are so many variables at play to decide how you play, when you win and when you lose, most of the time its YOUR FAULT if you lose.

you clearly have restarted every game you have played to be 1st in the league in the 1st season! so.... you clearly must have lost many games, loaded again, holidayed.. won the game.. continue to do this...

that means that the game cannot be rigged!

dont be an ***! its Football Manager, its real, you lose sometimes, especially if you are playing as Burnley mate!
I only have restarted this game because I was moving my save. I haven't restarted any other games. I have got a draws during the season.

Overconfidence possibly?
I have started drawing alot of matches before this tie dew to over confidence but I got right on top of it and started getting smaller wins of recent. It's a fair point though...

You can't win every match, get over it, its a game.

[cough] restarting game[cough] [cough] cheat [cough] :)
I haven't restarted only this time because of moving the save to the laptop for the weekend. I haven't won every game but I have been consistently performing well, until now.

I know it's a game simulation and only a few small tweaks can change a match, I know that, that's how I've been doing so well so far in the season. The example I'm offering here is no mater how much I tweak I'm getting no different result, that doesn't seem like a simulation, it seems pre determined.

I only have restarted this game because I was moving my save. I haven't restarted any other games. I have got a draws during the season.

I have started drawing alot of matches before this tie dew to over confidence but I got right on top of it and started getting smaller wins of recent. It's a fair point though...

I haven't restarted only this time because of moving the save to the laptop for the weekend. I haven't won every game but I have been consistently performing well, until now.

I know it's a game simulation and only a few small tweaks can change a match, I know that, that's how I've been doing so well so far in the season. The example I'm offering here is no mater how much I tweak I'm getting no different result, that doesn't seem like a simulation, it seems pre determined.

Try changing players, rather than changing tactics.

I think to properly test this you'd have to try replaying all other matches, win or lose.

In the past, I have played matches again after losing, and I found that I could win games that I had previously lost. So I don't understand why it would rig some games but not others.

Try changing players, rather than changing tactics.

I've tried that. I've been basically been using teh same tactic and tweaking it per game if I loose a goal or if I go ahead. I'm suggesting that not all games are rigged just maybe one in a every so often if you are really running on good form just to give the game variation.

I can't win this match., changing players, giving good team talks or angry ones, tweaking my tactics, and individual player settings, nothing is making a difference.

Boring. Use search feature. I'm sure there's a thread on this already, surprisingly.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.