Game has seriously slowed down on player searches

thorton

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find anything recent

My game has started to slow down a LOT when searching for players and it's doing my nut in. Takes 10-15 secs to load the search screen, then an extra 10 secs every time I want to add an extra filter, change a filter or sort of a certain attribute.

I have cleared the cache, reset my laptop many times, done everything thats normally recommended, I'm pretty computer literate too and I've tried basically everything I know to fix it.

I haven't ever had a problem like this is any past games and I'm using the same laptop, same settings and everything. It's just over the last 2 weeks or so its started to really lag.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have the same "problem". In the last fm it was much quicker. Especially the "player search"

How many players are on your database? Are you asking too much of your computer by loading thousands of unnecessary players into the search field?

If you know you are never going to sign a player older than lets say 30, apply a filter and keep it in place, meaning subsequent loads on the player search screen won't force the game to plough through a load of players you dont want or need.

If such steps dont fix the problem, then consider loading less players in the first place.

As a side note, this COULD be graphical. Do you have any custom facepacks? The game will be searching through your hard drive for all the faces associated with players loaded into the search box. If these files are fragmented, conflicting, unnecessarily large (i only use megapack 4.0 faces, not these fancy new super sized faces some people use) or complex then this may cause the slowdown.

Last edited:
How many layers are on your database? Are you asking too much of your computer by loading thousands of unnecessary players into the search field?

If you know you are never going to sign a player older than lets say 30, apply a filter and keep it in place, meaning subsequent loads on the player search screen won't force the game to plough through a load of players you dont want or need.

If such steps dont fix the problem, then consider loading less players in the first place.

As a side note, this COULD be graphical. Do you have any custom facepacks? The game will be searching through your hard drive for all the faces associated with players loaded into the search box. If these files are fragmented, conflicting, unnecessarily large (i only use megapack 4.0 faces, not these fancy new super sized faces some people use) or complex then this may cause the slowdown.

i have loaded down to league 1 in england playable because i started as huddersfield town

then i have italy, france, spain, germany & brazil all just top division and view-only. since i have got into the prem i have removed the championship & league 1 to free up a bit.

i have done this is other saves on fm12 and in previous versions and never had a problem :(

the age thing is a good idea, as now im established in the prem im building a young team for the future

no extra facepacks or logos or anything like that loaded so cant be that