Game makes me feel like a no good noob!!!

sandeephoro

Reaction score
I have been playing fm since 08. I have also played championship manager but since fm 13 i just can't seem to do well. FM 16 makes me feel like **** :mad:View attachment 186324View attachment 186323View attachment 186322View attachment 186321View attachment 186320. My teams can't do well no matter which tactic i use. I get hopelessly outclassed by any team. I am managing spurs and my team gets outclassed by bristol city etc. Sometimes my team goes on the pitch with an intenet to just loose, no matter what i do they just loose and my strikers are the champions of offside. Here is my tactic and my midway season stats. Please help me find out what is wrong with my team or tactic.

Right well you full backs are both on attack meaning they will both get caught forward at times, and since only one of your central midfielders is on defend duty, there will only ever be one side of your defence covered. 4231 is an extremely attacking formation as it is, so to have an attacking duty puts it ridiculously attacking - generally stick to a rule of 3 maximum attacking players in your tactic, at a push 4 - 1 from defence, one from midfield. In this tactic as you are attacking, your CMs will get forward a lot, leaving your DLPd to protect the back 4 on his own, meaning he will be drawn out by whoever has the ball on the opposition counter, and when it's passed round him, the same will happen to your CDs.

Try reading some tactic guides - in general I would try playing with a standard mentality for starters, and change 2 of your AMs to support duty, and one of your FB to a support duty, and make sure whichever one is left attacking has support from a midfielder or defend duty.

The tactic is attacking but my team can't score all that. I put the full backs on attack when i can't score. Even on support duty they suck. Jason Puncheon and mame diouf each scored 4 against me in a single game. Should i ask both my central midfielders to support or one supporting and other defending.

Why do you have your full backs on attack?

You're playing a very narrow tactic so it doesn't really make much sense to me.

If it's to provide a passing option, then support should be enough.

I would lower your mentality to standard or control. and change your Front man to a DLF on support duty and change one of your Attacking midfielders to a support duty.

Full backs were on support initially, but they could not do anything. So in order to score i put them on attack.

Full backs were on support initially, but they could not do anything. So in order to score i put them on attack.

You've got to balance it out. Putting more players on attack to try and score more goals is only going to leave you open at the back and vulnerable to counter attacks which explains why poor teams are beating you.

Try some of the things listed above and give it a few games, match the matches on extended or comprehensive and let us know how it goes.

How do I stop the offsides. My striker is the best in getting offsides by a mile.

Now i downloaded one of the tactics from the tactic section and my team is on a decent run. Now i am fifth :)