SebastianRO

Reaction score
Hy everyone, I've just saw in Preferences => General the option "Match day experience". I read the tooltip, but honestly, I did not understand what does it mean and what it actually does. I know that somebody else asked in the forum for the same thing, but nobody gave a specific answer. I ticked that option, and didn't noticed anything "special". It also exists an option "Threading". A guy said that it should be ticked if you have dual/quad core processor, other guy said exactly the opposite. Please enlight me :)

P.S I figured it out what means "Match day experience", but I still don't know about "Threading".

Last edited:
Enable Threading. It basically makes the game think you have double your current processors which in turn allows more the processing time to be halved.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not much of a computer scientist.

Threading allows for FM to run on more than on core of your CPU. So if your CPU has more than one core, and possibly hyperthreading (that should be at least 90% of people), the game will run faster, basically.

I have an AMD Athlon X2 at 3.2 GHz. (dual core). What is your advice for me ? Should I leave it ticked or unticked ? My computer is really good overall.

Give it a try. It may or may not make the game faster for you, there are a lot of factors. If you don't see any noticeable difference after a while, you may as well leave it off.

Also you may need to restart the game for it to take effect. I'm not sure though.