Nicklt

Reaction score
So i was playing a season as Stoke, first season did ok came 7th.

Then during the run up to the new season a Billionaire took over and the x-fer budget rocketed to 80 million.

Now for me this ruined the game as i no longer felt i had to build the team and i could pretty much build a title worthy team.

Would this ruin the game for you?

No. those things happen both in the game and in real life, we just got to adapt. I'd like it :)

I wouldn't like it, I see where your coming from. That's unlucky.

if you don't want the cash, why not put some into the wage budget, and continue building as you did before. Doing this, the directors see that you are working well with the finances ;)

its a hard one because it can happen in real life but when you go a team like stoke you are just looking for a gradual progression!

To sum it up, you dont need to go on a spending frenzy like city, just do it progressively, think that does the trick.

the reason why i dont like new managers coming with a huge sum of money is that they sometimes give ridiculous aims, i got 50m transfer kitty at west ham and they expected for at least an european spot.

Turn Stoke into the new Arsenal - upgrade all the youth facilties and recruitment etc, spend a bit on a few players for now but keep scouting the world for the best players under 18 and get them bought!

I had this with Blackburn on FM10 - I just resigned :)

i quite as stoke and started a new game with Malaga, wanted a Bolton equivalent in Spain did pretty well 4th in first season and just beat liverpool in the eufa cup final and came 4th again