Game slowing down!

RangersRule

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Has anyone noticed that after having done 6 seasons or so the game starts to slow down?

It cant be my computer, I use my laptop its got Vista, dual core athlon processor, 3gb RAM....so its not a slow computer by any means.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

changing the detail level of all over leagues and competitions apart from your own may help. Chnge the detail level to none

My game has just started doing this and it is really peeing me off cos its not just the game its affecting. Its also affecting a podcast I'm listening to and making this site sometimes stop responding. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Other way you could reduce lag is to turn things off that are of no use, EG: follow these steps:
Click: Options -> Detail Level
On there you will see all the championships/cups the game loads to show you, to me personally, running a league 2 team, i don't need to know about the Club World Championship or World Cup or anything. I just prefer to play my own game and not care how england is doing etc, I have set Club Competitions: Preset Configuration to: Minimum.
Also, I have set International Competitions: Preset Configuration to: Custom.
Then underneath I have set World & International Cup to: None.
Maybe turning these off will reduce the lag a little bit!

Good luck!

Thanks. Yeah I've basically just gone and turned everything off and reduced manageable leagues to just England. Shall wait and see if it works. Failing that, I may need to do a System Defrag and Clean-up

Before you go deleting all sorts of stuff and doing a cleanup, there's always the 'Turn it off for 30mins and come back to it' method :) your PC/Laptop can get hot and reduce performance, check the status of your processor and I bet if your on it for a fair few hours your performance will be reduced and your Laptop will be hot, your PC fan will be working overtime too! Take a break and come back, if that fails then try the cleanup :)

MiiCK.

I've just checked the temeratures on my PC and they are running quite cool compared to normal. The CPU is 33C and the Motherboard is 38C. Normally, the Motherboard runs at about 42 or 43

I know from experience my Laptop can get so hot I could cook a Full English Breakfast on it, game would lag and take weeks to do anything, turned off for 20mins and came back, worked fine, whatever year I was in, PC's i'd have no clue apart from cleanup/new pc/shut down things not needed when running FM.

Good luck 8-|

MiiCK. (Kiss to nurse (K) lol)

Thanks. I'll try shutting down for half an hour...see what happens ;)

When I went to shut down the computer, I noticed it had 8 updtaes to install. So, naturally, I figured this was why it was so slow. When, I turned the PC on this morning, the matches are still running slow. It doesn't appear to be really slow at processing the game, just the actual matchday. I have noticed before that the game slows around 2015-2016 so I'm guessing that it is just something I will just have to deal with. Which is annoying because now the game will take about 10 times longer to play.:mad:

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:24 PM ----------

Interesting......it appears the game only runs slow when there is some action in the game. In between times, it runs at normal speeds.

Last edited: