Crang13

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I know this has been covered a millions times but I can't find the correct answer for my question.

So my game is extremely slow, one star game speed with only 1 league playable.

Now my laptop passes all the requirements by a mile apart from one thing, graphics card. Now I turn 3d match engine off and run commentary only, so surely that should remove my problem but it doesn't.

Why does does my graphics card still slow my game down when I'm not using 3d match engine?
Is there any way round this issue?

Right I know nobody has actually answered but I managed to speed my game up massively so thought i'd stick it it on here for anyone else having issues or waning to speed up there game. 1st I downloaded a game booster and 2nd I found this>>> 1. Open Football Manager 2014
2. Go to Preferences
3. Go to the Overview tab.
4. Go to the Interface section.
5. Click on the drop-down box for "Interface Rendering Mode".
6. Select "Software".
7. Click Confirm at the bottom of the screen.
8. Enjoy a much faster FMing experience!
My game is now running a estimated speed of 5 stars with a large database and 5 playable leagues. Before I was estimated 1 star with a medium database and 1 playable league.

Well as I've said it has made my game run much faster! I haven't noticed any downsides, game is running the best I've ever had it run.

I followed these instructions and my game is running LOADS faster too!

game booster??

Type game booster into google. I'm no expert so wouldn't like to show myself up trying to explain! All I know is I've done the things I have said and football manager is running so much faster and smoother!

Type game booster into google. I'm no expert so wouldn't like to show myself up trying to explain! All I know is I've done the things I have said and football manager is running so much faster and smoother!

Do you start fm through game booster every time? :)

most people who have a game booster would do to help speed up there game so i think the answer is yes :)

I'm running game booster now, and that helps a lot! It stops my laptop from overheating when playing all games, it really does work wonders! Also, this software rendering is the way to go! Thank you soooo much! The only reason I get bored of FM is because of the long loading times on certain saves

Eset antivirus blocks the download of razor game booster installer eveytime.. looks like a suspicious file.

Am I trying to download the right game booster?

Think its the iobit 1, razor game booster, file should be ok, iv downloaded it with norton, tho i didn't notice any difference, ill dl it again and pm it to u and see if that works

Thanks, managed to download it from the official site without any problems.
(the first few links on google, were all blocked by eset for some reason) but the official site worked fine.

Anyway, it's definitely made the game fly through faster.. so fast that I can't see the drop down 'mini news' in the process bar.. it goes by in a flash.
But I'm still getting an issue with my fan working hard.. espesially during the matchs (on 3D) and getting very warm. The bottom of my laptop is always quite warm when playing FM14. Which is what I was hoping the game booster would help with.

Is there anything else I can do to stop over heating?
Not even sure if it's just my laptop not being good enough to handle FM14 without overheating:

Asus 15.6" 1366 x 768, widescreen support - windows 7 home prem 64 bit
Interl Core i7-3610qm proccessor @ 2.30ghz
8gb memory
1tb hardrive
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 630M
Video Memory: 2Gb
Graphic Type: Dedicated Card

Last edited:
Thats a lot better than what i have & it runs ok, do u need a cooling mat that goes underneath or something like that

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Maybe, thanks.

It's strange, the laptop is so quiet and normal when playing FM13/12 or 11. But with FM14 the fan kicks in, and the base of the laptop gets warm and stays warm untill I exit FM14 and let it cool down.

I'm only running 2 leagues aswell, England down to the Skrill Premier and Spain just La Liga.. with a large database.
Got it on minimum detail level etc.