Game Trailers

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow Managers,

After a quick looky round the forum, I staggered across an amazing game trailer that you have all probably watched by now (Dead Island Announcement Trailer), which was truly amazing. This reminded me of some other truly great advertisement campaigns that have been produced over the years, not by big hit movies, but by games. I'd argue in many cases that game trailers are so much more dramtic and cinematic than movie trailers, and i'd class some as the greatest advertising campaigns to sell a product such as a game.

So what makes a great game trailer? Well, i'd say it incoporates similar attributes to that of a film trailer, it has to be attention grabbing, emotional, cinematic, glossy and of course, shows the point of the game in question. Some game trailers have encouraged to go and spend £40 without even watching the gameplay or testing the game via demo, that's the power of advertising, and I call you guys to search around for some stunning trailers for us to enjoy and talk about.. Whether sad to scary, Mario Kart to Heavy Rain, I really do not mind, as long as it's got a good trailer! (H)

Post as many trailers as you'd like, an order of best to worse would be useful and numbering, perhaps a description of why it gets to you would also be good. Here's a few of my favourites:

1. Gears of War

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzn9jbwuobc

Reason being: The amazing, peaceful song, mixed with the anarchy of the game is really emotional. It makes you want the game in your hands to just play and battle the demon at the end, and any trailer with Gary Jules - Mad World has to be brilliant, and this is..

2. Gears of War 2

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Reason being: Another Gears of War trailer where the music is brilliant. The 'pre-battle nerves' can be felt from within your seat, and the timing of the trailer is just perfect.

3. The Secret World

YouTube - The Secret World (Game Trailer)

Reason being: Had the speakers up loud, and was just flicking through game trailers when this came on, I shat a brick due to the sound, and due to the complete suprise of what happens.

Well, that's all from me guys, I hope you can post up your selection like I have, and i'm sure some discussions will take place as to which trailers are best as why. I also strongly encourage you to take a look at the 'Dead Island' thread that gave me the idea to make this, as it looks a simply amazing game, and on the topic of games, please don't talk about gameplay or something like that, only looking at the advertisement side of video gaming.. Also, If you use the search tool to find a thread similar to this, you will, but I think I also made that and it got deleted by accident. :(

Get posting guys..

Thanks,
Kylo

Relatively recent trailers I liked:

1. Dragon Age II - Destiny Trailer
I don't know how many times I have watched this. Whoever makes Bioware's CGI trailers does an amazing job.
YouTube - Dragon Age 2 Trailer - Destiny Extended

2. Portal 2 - Romance Safety Compliance Trailer
Cos it made me lol. And I'm really looking forward to Portal 2.
YouTube - Portal 2 Romance Safety Compliance Trailer [HD]

3. Star Wars: The Old Republic Cinematic Trailer
Another one of Bioware's trailer's I can't get enough of :p
YouTube - Star Wars: The Old Republic Cinematic Trailer - E3 2010

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs2DsoiA54Y&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Magicka: Vietnam Announcement Trailer[/ame]

theres suppose to be a trailer for cod mw3 out tommorow i,ll post it if there is.i myself liked the cod black ops reveal trailers

theres suppose to be a trailer for cod mw3 out tommorow i,ll post it if there is.i myself liked the cod black ops reveal trailers

There isn't supposed to, Activision called the website that teased it a hoax and it is apparently an independent project.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxd96qRa6wY"]YouTube - We Dare - Have a spicy evening ![/ame]

This game is apparently suitable for 12 year olds......