Status
Not open for further replies.

rich_cooper

Reaction score
I cant play football manager because when i put the disk in, click to play a steam message comes us saying game unavailable at this time. So ive switched to offline mode and it still saying it.

****** right off!

same buddy, so annoyed, its some dumb company telling you that you can't play the game you have bought ...

Iv submitted a ticket to steam but doubt il get an answer considering they are useless, why did SI use steam this year !

Steam is downloading a new update to the game mate, it shouldn't take too long :)

thanks seadog, my game installed an update yesterday too, i think its rediculous its unplayable while they do this though ! its not like its running on a server like FM Live was, its a standalone offline game :s steam are terrible i hope next years FM isn't ran by steam, i think steam are using steam to run there servers !

i dont care what they are doing, why should i not be able to play a game i have payed for becasue they are doing an update.

Stupid

and a patch should be optional !

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

go into steam - library - right click fm and uncheck 'always keep this game up to date' then confirm then repeat the process but check it this time and confirm and it will update

If the game is updating then the files are being overwritten. You can't use a program when its files are being used, whether it's Steam doing it or not. I'm struggling to understand the vitriol towards Steam here, especially when the game is only unavailable for a short time whilst being updated. It benefits the user at the end of the day.

If the game is updating then the files are being overwritten. You can't use a program when its files are being used, whether it's Steam doing it or not. I'm struggling to understand the vitriol towards Steam here, especially when the game is only unavailable for a short time whilst being updated. It benefits the user at the end of the day.

I totally agree! Steam is the best thing that happened to FM, I had so many problems in the past doing updates. Nowadays Steam does it for you :) Stop ******** about it people...Steam is here to stay!!

Try right-clicking FM in Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Cache... (do twice if necessary)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****** off

when will i be able to play the game which i payed for????????????

Try right-clicking FM in Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Cache... (do twice if necessary)

worked perfect! thnx mate!

Thanks mate that worked :)

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

After i downloaded the update i tryed to start the game and a crash dump error keeps coming up -_-

I was worried for a second there when I first clicked play, but thankfully its now sorted!

i dont care what they are doing, why should i not be able to play a game i have payed for becasue they are doing an update.

Stupid

when will i be able to play the game which i payed for????????????

Stop spitting them dummy both of you, it's pretty pathetic. Steam took about 2 minutes to update the game for me, as opposed to the 30+ it would ahve taken to manually patch it myself. The game you paid for is updating itself, for free, with minimum inconvinience. If you don't want steam to patch the game for you, then do the following:

go into steam - library - right click fm and uncheck 'always keep this game up to date' then confirm

Thanks mate that worked :)

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

After i downloaded the update i tryed to start the game and a crash dump error keeps coming up -_-
getting the same thing as you. crash dump error and game will not start

Repeat them steps and crash dumps will go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.