Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry to bother you all, but I can't seem to get FM 14 to install.
Got it today and when I put the disk in, it doesn't pop up with the autorun install function that FM games usually come with; instead, it pops up with an 'autoplay' option, like when you plug a pen drive into the computer (or something like that), and the only options are things like 'Open the Folder and View Files', 'Play with Windows Media Player' (as if I'd put a DVD in) etc, as opposed to a basic install wizard/set-up.

I tried to get around this by going to steam and typing in my activation code, which worked, but even still, the game won't play; I click on Football Manager 2014 on Steam and it just says 'Preparing to Load'.....but remains that way without actually loading anything.

Also, next to the game it says '0%', which I assume means the percentage downloaded, but I left it to download previously (ample time to download), and I also can't seem to find any option to redownload.

So basically: the disk isn't being recognised as a game (and won't install) and Steam isn't letting me load it.

I appreciate this is probably a pretty broad question, but does anyone know how to rectify this or what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds very weird mate. Where did you get the game from?

Ordered it from Amazon.

I actually just left it on the preparing to load thing for an hour or so, and eventually it just popped up.

Still find it strange that I couldn't get it installed using the disk though :/

Thanks for the response, BTW!