Game wont run after windows 7 update

dkw

Reaction score
Had the game running for months yet after a windows 7 update today the game now wont run at all. I double click the icon on desktop and the cursor shows the timer thing, then nothing at all happens. No biteshield splash screen or anything. Checked on Task manager and nothing is running. The windows 7 update might have nothing to do with it, though I think it might because 2 of the updates were security ones. Anyone any idea what could be causing this and what the fix could be?

i had to change to xp when it happened to me.

Maybe the security updates have changed your firewall settings and are blocking the game from running. Make sure the firewall isn't blocking your firewall

Maybe the security updates have changed your firewall settings and are blocking the game from running. Make sure the firewall isn't blocking your firewall

Tried that, turned everything off and it still wont run. It must be a Byteshield problem as it doesnt get as far as loading that. Tried everything, reinstalling, installing on a new profile and nothing works. Doing my head in,

if it won't run at all, maybe try restoring pc/laptop to last restore point. other than that, i dont know. never had that problem.