Gaming laptop help?

matty2505

Reaction score
Hi im looking to get a new laptop which is capable of playing the fm11 and has to be able to play the 3d math engine. Im planning on using the laptop at sixth during my free periods to play fm and to do my notes in lessons

ive found this on the internet but im not a tech person so im not sure if its good enough
ive got a £600 budget

Toshiba satallite A500-17 refurbished laptop on pc world for £480

specs

ProcessorIntel® Core™2 Duo Mobile Processor P7450
- 2.13 GHz
- 1066 MHz FSB
- 3 MB L2 cacheOperating SystemGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
64-bitRAM4 GBGraphics cardNVIDIA® GeForce® GT
230MScreen typeWidescreen LCDScreen resolution1366 x 768 pixelsScreen size16"
Hard drive500GBOptical disk drive
DVD Rewriter
USB4 x USB 2.0 (including 1 x USB/eSATA combo)Modem/Ethernet1 x
RJ-45 Ethernet portWi-Fi802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth
NoVideo interface
HDMI, VGAAudio interface
Microphone & headphone
jacksTV output
HDMI, VGAExtension card slot
ExpressCard slot
SoundBuilt-in speakers
WebcamYes
BatteryLithium-ion battery
Accessories includedPower cable, AC adapter, batterySoftware includedInformation not providedSize384 x 259 x 41.0 mmWeight3.25 kg (approx)
Anyone know if this is good for fm.
or if its not could anyone reccomend me a laptop under £600 for gaming

Last edited:
It looks ok but try find something with 3 or 4GM ram and a better graphics card than 64 bit. Also does it have to be a laptop as a desktop usually comes with more performance and is a bit cheaper... :)

ye it does have to be a laptop as im going to be using the laptop at school to do work and then in my free periods and at home ill be playing fm

It looks ok but try find something with 3 or 4GM ram and a better graphics card than 64 bit. Also does it have to be a laptop as a desktop usually comes with more performance and is a bit cheaper... :)

He wants something for sixth form so a laptop would be better, however if you want a gaming computer, a laptop is not the way to go. I'm not very good at finding a deal with laptops but I'd guess £600 is enough to run FM's match engine, but you'll need a graphics card with around 256mb at least. (which is what my laptop has and runs fine)

i dont really want a gaming laptop as such. Just something that will play FM11 and the 3d match engine as i wont really being playing any other games on it.

How much are graphics cards?

Buy the HP 6735s. Can pick one up for around 450 quid and they are excellent. Its what i use to run fm when i am mobile and it has no problem graphically with its ATI HD 3200 card and 20 quid for another 2gb of ram lets me have 15 leagues running at once. Highly recommend this laptop.