Gareth Bale is RUBBISH if Spurs Tactics to Work

WalkerRFC

Reaction score
Hey,

In real life, I love Gareth Bale. The way he plays, his ability to track back in defend and still be so devastating in attack with his exceptional pace, finishing and long shots.

On Football Manager? He's been awful for me at Spurs! I'm using LFCMarshall's latest update so his long shots are up at 16, with his tackling lower at 9, and he is natural at attacking mid and left wing, then accomplished on the right wing.

I have tried a rigid 4-4-2, a fluid 4-2-3-1, a balanced 4-2-3-1, setting Bale as my playmaker, setting Bale as my target man, putting Bale inside forward on the right, putting Bale Winger(attack) on the left.

I can never seem to find a formation that gets me a good overall team performance with Spurs, whilst making the most of Bale's abilities.

I have bought Chicarito, Nani and Vaclac Kadlec, hopefully about to sign Baines... and I have sold Lennon, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Dempsey, Adebayor, Defoe and Gomes.

I'm currently playing:

Balanced - Attacking

Lloris GK-defend

Walker: Fullback Auto Kaboul Centre Defender Defend Vertonghen Centre Defender Defend Rose Fullback Auto

Paulinho Sandro
Deep-lying PMK(support) BWM(defend)

Nani Sigurdsson Bale
Winger Attack AM(support) Winger Attack

Chicarito Poacher

Any help would be much appreciated.

I currently trying him using a Mourinho formation with him in the Ronaldo role. I'll let you know how I get it. Its only pre season atm. Mourinho's Magical Madrid v1.4 by Kyanite is the tactic.

I am using the summer transfer update as well. But i know what you mean. It ****** me off on this game average players will finish with great amount of goals and assists and the great players will finish with average stats.

his attributes are way too low still, he shouyld have 16+ in many catagories

I too have Marshalls update and similarly I too cannot get bale to do a **** thing.
Left wing, center, right wing, winger, advanced playmaker, inside forward......AAARRRRHHH!!

Selling him in January window, he has done my head in.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I find he is better in a counter attacking tactic rather than a attacking tactic and last season that is where he scored most of his goals in the PL. Try him on the counter and he will tear teams apart.