Emile Heskey

Reaction score
How do I get him to perform? He's was a beast in FM 2012 but I just can't seem to get him performing to the level I want of him. He usually gets ratings ranging from 6.9 to 7.2 but isn't really scoring or assisting.

More info:
  • Team is Tottenham on first season.
  • Mostly played him on LW.
  • I played tried him as Winger ( A) and (S) (Default settings for the role) but still no change.
  • Also tried IF (A ) and (S) (also default settings) to no avail.
  • I have a 4.5 star Shooting and Attacking coach
  • I play a 4-2-3-1 = 2 FB(S), 2 CD(D), 1 DLP(D), 1 BWM(D), 1 APM(S), 1 RW(S), and Bale on the left.
  • Tactic is Attacking, Very Fluid, Shorter passing, press more, tackling more aggressive, counter attack [yes].
Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong and how I can tweak his role?

Thanks everyone!

I would say that to get the best out of him and see him more involved in the play, you either have to make space for him to move Into the FC/AMC slot ( I.e not use a AMC) or play more patient( I.e not letting him get into an advanced position too early in attack, perhaps using him on support instead and use the flanks more, playing without counter attacks in a Standard approach )

Thanks for the replies guys, will definitely try out your tactic Raikan!

Great player, but also the most injury prone player I've ever managed in any FM/CM.
In my Spurs save I considered selling him more than once, even if I adore him IRL.