markrobert30

Reaction score
Ok I'm 5 season and Gareth Bale is available for a free transfer he's 29 years old.

I'm tempted to sign him his wage demands are £175,000 a week from his lofty wage of £325,000 a week I can easily afford him but I do have some cracking players who can play in the Inside Forward position along with some regens who I do play in cup games etc.

Just wondering if it would be worthwhile suppose I was thinking of him playing and tutoring the young players I done this with RVP and Wilson has come on leaps and bounds since it.

Bale is an immense player if he stays injury free. I say this as so far he has spent 4 months out of my 6 in charge at Real Madrid injured. I would say it depends on your current club aspirations and your financial power.. If you are already a dominant side who have major money to spend, then I would say its definitely worth it, if its going to affect your finances then give it a miss!

well i just bought messi at 30 for 35M (not including signing on fee) and he is crazy good I'm undefeated in the league since September till now where i have just clinched the league and i had no draws ALL wins. Sign Bale

Finance is very good I can easily afford him but I'm in two minds of hampering the younger players but thinking he could help develop some players.

I don't really splash cash on players.

Finance is very good I can easily afford him but I'm in two minds of hampering the younger players but thinking he could help develop some players.

If it is for free then it is worth it financially- you can always sell him at the end of one season if he is not locking down a first team place.

If you already have first team players on a comparable level AND youngsters you are trying to introduce then not sure it makes sense. Unless you want to sell one of your other players to make room for him.

Also check his injury history and current physical stats, even one long term injury can seriously affect a players ability and they often don't regain it.

I would look at the financial out lay and whether its worth it, a 3 year contract at £175k a week is £27.3M, plus a possible what £5M agent fee?? plus his £7-10M sign on fee??.. you are talking a possible £40m'ish for a 'free' player who may get injured, or not get in the squad and may help a youngster pick up a few tricks.. personally I would avoid!