Garuda 4-4-2 | 'Normal' Tactic with 2 Strikers and 2 Wingers

BataraNarada

Reaction score

This is the first time I created my own tactic, after several saves using 'unrealistic', high cards, low possession 5-2-3 tactics. While probably not as explosive as with other three strikers tactics, I like this one because it uses 'normal' stuff with 2 strikers and 2 wingers. While some might say this tactic is more like a 4-2-4 (as FM told me), I still consider the two wingers are midfielders and not striker. The playstyle is using slightly more direct pass with decent possession (around 55%). Usually have A LOT of goals for the two strikers. Definitely not the best tactic, but good enough if you want some realistic tactic with a little bit of overachieving.

OI: I do not use any OI, but let my Assistant to do the Team Meeting.
Training: Fitness in the pre-season, Balanced in the season. Put 'High Intensity' if you have no match on that week.
Individual Training: Put players in their correlated position according to the tactics.

Tips:
- Try to have two solid strikers. You can also use Poacher-y style of striker if you have no AF or DLF.
- Good Ramdeuter is hard to find, so if you find one just use them, but an Inside Forward player can also work. Ramdeuter is important in this tactics.
- Winger with high speed and passing ability is also preferred.
- Versatile player with high stamina and decent physicality for the Carrilero.
- Good passing and intelligence for the DLP.
- The four defenders preferably have high speed and good strength, since counter-attack is quite dangerous for this tactic.
- You might want a good passing and crossing for RB.

Testing:
- I only tested this tactic with Salford City for 1.5 season. Will update it later as I play my game.
- Jack Redshaw (main striker) scored total 51 goals for first season from 47(7) appearances, and 23 goals from 17(2) appearances.
- Mitchel Candlin (a two-years loan striker) scored total 43 goals for first season from 44(8) appearances, and 13 goals from 15(1) appearances.
- Deshane Dalling (a loan striker for 2nd season) scored total 15 goals from 17(3) appearances.
- Emmanuel Dieseruvwe (a backup striker) scored total 20 goals from 30(15) appearances for two seasons.
- I won National League North on my first season with total team goals of 125 (predicted no. 2, so not really a big surprise, but have a really solid season).
- I won FA Trophy on my first season (board highest expectation is semi-final).
- Currently on my second season on National League, ranked 1 with 50 points in 19 appearances: 16 wins, 2 draws, and 1 lose with 65 goals. The second team is on 39 points (predicted no. 10, so an over-achieving).

View attachment 53478View attachment 53477View attachment 53476View attachment 53475View attachment 53474

Feel free to ask question.

Download:
View attachment 53473

Last edited:
Nice tactic mate, do you mind posting individual instructions and team instructions?

Nice tactic mate, do you mind posting individual instructions and team instructions?

I was going to put some individual instructions but decided to give my tactic a shot first without them. Surprisingly, I get good results with no individual instructions!
I might need them though if I'm going to compete in higher league. But for now it works well without them.

Will update my team instructions soon.

Did you base your tactic on any or did you build it from 0? I find it a little similar to this tactic : http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...72552-overachiever-424-perfect-underdogs.html

I did build it from 0. Yea, that's also what I thought after posting the tactic! There're some differences though, but it is pretty similar!

I actually build three tactics for my team, because I'm getting bored with the 3-4-3 auto-win tactics that I downloaded several months ago. I like 4-4-2 (classic formation) and 4-5-1 (with DM and CM) and 3-4-3 (not 3 strikers, but 2 RD/IF), so I made them. Apparently, my 4-4-2 dominates in my save so I want to share it here.

I've never posted any tactic before in this forum, and if my tactic is considered too similar with that tactic (thus only classified as tweak, I guess?) even though I build it from scratch, I'm okay if this thread get locked.