Gasperini sacked as Inter Manager

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
MILANO - F.C. Internazionale comunica che stamane, al centro sportivo di Appiano Gentile, l'allenamento della prima squadra è stato diretto da Daniele Bernazzani e Giuseppe Baresi.

La Società ringrazia Gian Piero Gasperini per l'impegno dimostrato nello svolgimento dell'incarico, manifestando il proprio rammarico per l'interruzione del rapporto tecnico.

Translation (Via Google)

MILAN - F.C. International reports that this morning, the sports center of Appiano Gentile, the training of the first team was directed by Giuseppe Baresi and Daniele Bernazzani.

The Company would like to thank Gian Piero Gasperini for their efforts in carrying out the assignment, expressing its regret for the interruption of the technical report.

F.C. Internazionale Milano

May be knee jerk but good decisions. They were so painful to watch playing 3-4-3. Hopefully they will go for Spalletti.

Knew he was in trouble but didn't think they'd sack him on so early. Inter have had a nightmare with managers since Mourinho.

Leonardo etc, all useless! watched bits of the game last night, terrible!

I heard Peter Reid is available. We could do a swap deal? :p

Leonardo etc, all useless! watched bits of the game last night, terrible!

Tbf, Leonardo was the best after Jose. He closed gap so well but lost very badly against Schalke.

This is old Inter we all know. No second thoughts when it comes to sacking manager.

i've seen this coming since day one.
hopefully they will NOT go for Spalletti, cause it would hurt to see him in Milan and because i am well aware what he is capable to do with good players and inter, even though this terrible start, have them
moratti as his usual self, btw. what is strange is that in almost 20 years he never acted as owner-manager, but this time he explicitely asked for something (no 3-men defence and advancing snjider (spelling!) from midfield) and gasp didn't do as he was suggested. maybe it was pride over brain this time

Hmm 3 months in charge. Thats quite a long stretch in football management these days!

Well they have Ancelotti and Capello on the radar so be interesting to see what happens.

Capello could only join after England get the one point they need to qualify early/mid October..

I have a funny feeling Capello will go to Inter if they can/want to wait that long and leave the door open for Harry Redknapp :p haahaha, kidding, he wont take the National job!

Capello could only join after England get the one point they need to qualify early/mid October..

I have a funny feeling Capello will go to Inter if they can/want to wait that long and leave the door open for Harry Redknapp :p haahaha, kidding, he wont take the National job!

Christ don't say that-Mike will go mental lol. Don't see why they shouldn't go for Carlo. He's pretty much a world class manager. Saying that, didn't he say he was having a break from football for a bit?

Christ don't say that-Mike will go mental lol. Don't see why they shouldn't go for Carlo. He's pretty much a world class manager. Saying that, didn't he say he was having a break from football for a bit?

He wont join Inter though

“If I would go to Inter in place of Leonardo? No, although I respect certain personal choices,” Ancelotti told Il Giorno.

“I’ve spent 13 years at Milan, for me it is impossible to deny the past.
“Moratti said he thought also of me? I thank him for the kind words but I don’t change my mind, I’m an AC Milan man.

“And in the event that Moratti had to call me in the future, I’ll politely decline the invitation.”

Would Carlo go, given his history with AC?

Sooo ****** off!! Wanted them to keep him so Inter would keep playing ****!!? ;)

Claudio Ranieri is apparently the man that's been approached to take over. I think that's a temporary fix though. Someone like Lippi or Capello in 2012 would be the perfect fit for Inter. Goes to show there is only one Special one. ;)

Should never have let Rafa go...

Saw this one coming a mile off. Tactics didn't work, and he was unwilling to change from a back three that was clearly disjointed, not to mention a midfield not accommodating Sneijder in his best position. Results were therefore ****, and if you don't get the results you can't stay as a manager of a big club for long.

Saw this one coming a mile off. Tactics didn't work, and he was unwilling to change from a back three that was clearly disjointed, not to mention a midfield not accommodating Sneijder in his best position. Results were therefore ****, and if you don't get the results you can't stay as a manager of a big club for long.

Thats why I wanted him to stay! :(