Reaction score
View attachment 242431

History of the Club

Gateshead was reformed in 1977, this time asGateshead FC. The club were immediately accepted into the Northern Premier League. By this time, their home ground, the Gateshead Youth Stadium, had been upgraded and renamed as Gateshead International Stadium with facilities good enough for a higher grade of football. After six years of consolidation, Gateshead won promotion from the Northern Premier League to the Alliance Premier League in 1983, with a record tally of points and goals scored. With a relatively lucrative sponsorship, Gateshead spent several seasons in the Football Conference. However the sponsorship money dried up, and the club started to decline, spending the 2003/04 season in the Northern Premier League North. A 6th-place finish was enough to gain promotion to the Premier Division due to the restructuring of the National League System.

Gateshead finished the 2008/09 season in the Conference North in second (2nd) place. They qualified for the play-offs along with Alfreton Town,Telford United and their semi-final opponents Southport. Gateshead beat Southport 2–1 on aggregateand won the Play-Off Final 1–0 against Telford, earning promotion back to the Conference Premier where they remain.

Gateshead announced on 13 October 2009 that they would be moving to a full-time employed playing squad for the beginning of the 2010–2011 season.

On 10 December 2012, manager Ian Bogie and assistant Terry Mitchell were relieved of their duties at the club. Reserve team manager Anth Smith named caretaker manager.Three days later, Smith was named permanent manager and given a contract until the end of the 2012–13 season.On 18 August 2013,David Rush,Smith's assistant, was named as caretaker manager after his resignation,before former York City manager Gary Mills was appointed on 3 September 2013.Mills took Gateshead to third place in the Conference at the end of his first season as manager, qualifying the team for the end-of-season promotion play-offs. An aggregate win over Grimsby Town took Gateshead to their first appearance at Wembley Stadium. However, on 18 May 2014, they lost 2–1 to Cambridge United, who were promoted back into the Football League after a nine-season absence.

GAME SETUP

Ive loaded English Leagues down to Vanarama North/South as well as adding Austrailia,Austria,Belgium,Israel,Italy,Scotland,Spain,USA and Wales all as View Only top 2 Divisions, just to add a bit of variety to the DB giving me a total of 50k players.

CLUB PROFILE- Professional Club from the North East of England with a local reputation.

FINANCES- Okay,but not really a lot to work with in all honesty

MANAGER PROFILE- Ive started off Sunday League reputation with no coaching badges,try keep it as realistic as possible.

FACILITIES- A decent sized more than adequate 11,800 stadium for this level and training facilities are adequate at best probably try get them improved in the near future.

View attachment 242423

SQUAD- A few decent players,but i'll be looking to bring my own guys in where possible.

View attachment 242418 View attachment 242417 View attachment 242416 View attachment 242415

TACTICS- Im going to use a 4-1-2-2-1 setup with an anchor man protecting the 2 centre backs,2 centre mids,2 wingers and an advanced forward up front.

View attachment 242410

MY AIMS IN THIS SAVE?- Just to enjoy the save in general and try bring success to Gateshead.

Wish me luck and i hope you enjoy and follow my journey.

Last edited:
END OF PRE SEASON REVIEW

Not a bad pre season overall i feel in general,started off in spectacular fashion with a 7-0 thrashing of Non League Billingham Town with left winger JJ O'Donnell grabbing a hat trick,Turnbull,Pattison,Finnigan,Chandler getting the ball rolling.Even though it was against a smaller team i was very pleased overall.

Onto the next game at Seel Park against Non League Mossley,tinkered a little with the tactic and laboured to a 2-1 win,with new signing Adam Nditi featuring at left back,Kevin Saint-Luce and Michael Rankine getting the goals.Bit of a letdown even though we won.

A good few new players featured in the next match against West Auckland,Darryl Flahavan,Johnny Ertl,James Rowe,Esteban Lopez,both playing as trialists James and Esteban,Dominic Knowles on loan,a terrible performance a 0-0 draw which in no certain terms was acceptable and they were let known about it,pre season or not.

The final match of pre season was against Tony Pulis's West Brom,a match that was nothing more than a kickabout with the gulf in class against a premiership side showing,us going 1 down in 2minutes,men against boys as Berahino and Morrison ran riot,more about the fitness nothing more really,never expected to get a result.
So on we go to the start of the season.

View attachment 242313

TRANSFER ACTIVITY

A few signings made here as theres a fair bit of rebuilding needing done and so far they have all looked ok in the games played so far.

View attachment 242312