• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 50
  • Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blynd1

Well, like all of you, i know what Glasgow Rangers are going through. I was born in Scotland, my Scottish team has always been Rangers, i don't follow them a lot, i kinda laugh at the "ice cream and jelly" chants, mainly because i don't really feel the passion for football in Scotland, but anyway, i still like the "old firm" atmosphere, as i've been in a few ones. And today i saw this.. One of my favorite all time players coming back..

Gattuso targets Rangers return | Football Italia | www.football-italia.net

So, i want to ask anyone who's into football in Scotland, can Rangers sign him? I've been hearing all of those things during this season, saying Rangers are about to "die" and that next season we can't sign anyone.. Does that mean we can't get free players aswell ?

From what i've been hearing around here (Portugal), Gattuso is available to play without getting paid, so.. If anyone can answer me, thanks :) .

Edit: I mean, it would be interesting to see Gattuso back in a old firm, clashing with Scott Brown :D .

Last edited:
Seeing as he is on his way from AC Milan, I think he is an attainable signing for Rangers, but there will be a lot of interest in him from 'bigger' clubs on the continent.

May aswell re-sign Sebo while they're at it :p

Seeing as he is on his way from AC Milan, I think he is an attainable signing for Rangers, but there will be a lot of interest in him from 'bigger' clubs on the continent.

Really? Like who? He's 36. Can't imagine many clubs will be interested.

I think he has three avenues, Stay in Italy and play for another team/ Join an MLS club/ Go to play in Asia. Rangers could be his only way to stay at a "top" club.

Really? Like who? He's 36. Can't imagine many clubs will be interested.

I think he has three avenues, Stay in Italy and play for another team/ Join an MLS club/ Go to play in Asia. Rangers could be his only way to stay at a "top" club.

There are a few clubs in Italy(apparently Napoli is one) plus the moneybags in UAE/China, and then he will be a target for an MLS club

Read these reports from Italian sources, don't think Rangers could pay his wages though.

If it did happen would love to see Gatusso and Scott Brown in a game against each other, would be interesting to see who wins the inevitable boxing match.

There are a few clubs in Italy(apparently Napoli is one) plus the moneybags in UAE/China, and then he will be a target for an MLS club

You confused me by saying "on the continent". But yeah, the rest is pretty much what I said.

Read these reports from Italian sources, don't think Rangers could pay his wages though.

If it did happen would love to see Gatusso and Scott Brown in a game against each other, would be interesting to see who wins the inevitable boxing match.

Well he said he would love to play for them, and that he does not care about money.. It's obviously something he's genuinly considering.

Some of you are talking about MLS, Asia, etc.. But he said he said it was his dream to come back and he doesn't care about the money.. I mean, he could always make a season at Rangers and move to another place after..

His wife is Scottish and has always said he loved his time at Rangers. At the moment, Rangers are under an embargo which stops them from signing any new players over the age of 17.

Unless it's overturned, I can't see it happening. Would love him to smack Scott Brown though.

He has said he is going to be taking a break from football for a year to concentrate on his restaurant then he wants a return to Rangers

His wife is Scottish and has always said he loved his time at Rangers. At the moment, Rangers are under an embargo which stops them from signing any new players over the age of 17.

Unless it's overturned, I can't see it happening. Would love him to smack Scott Brown though.

Still a bit sore after Broonie and the rest of the celts put 5 past you on the weekend? lol

Moving back to Perugia is an option, as well as joining Raul's pathway and heading for the Arab leagues, settling in there and comfortably transitioning into retirement, or, he will follow Inzaghi's and do his coaching badges soon. Who knows? I think that he may play for one more year and hang it up, but I can also see him going to a Serie B side for a while.

'Would love to see the boxing match [Gattuso vs Brown].'
Why would anyone want to see their captain get beat up by Gattuso?

Exactly ! But well, i honestly think Gattuso can give the lads the motivation they need for the next season.. This season Rangers didn't have a guy that they could call LEADER... Gattuso is the man for the job!

Arn't Rangers allowed to sign players with no fee?

I saw a rumour linking them with Heskey earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.